Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old February 14th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Wizards of the Coast Staff Member

WotC_Ian has disabled reputation
An introduction

Hi all

My name is Ian Richards and I wanted to drop in, say 'Hi' and start the ball rolling in regards to feedback and ideas for Organized Play.

I've been remiss to not stop by earlier but this thing called D&D 4th Edition demanded a little extra time plus I have our very own D&D show, D&D Experience in just two weeks. hat and the need to read up a bazzillion threads about the game and community.

Anyway a little about me. I'm a long time miniatures gamer. I've played D&D since I was 13 and I've run historical miniatures competitively since I was about 16 through to 5 years or so ago. I'm now the wrong side of 40 8-(

I've played and experienced all manner of games and a lot were highly competitive to the totally casual.

I joined Wizards in the UK in 1999 heading up the RPGA (roleplaying) and other games, not magic, for the UK, Ireland and South Africa.

A couple of years later I was given a position in Renton WA and moved to the US.

I always joking say I was born to be in Seattle. I hate tea and love coffee. Plus Seattle's weather is just like home

Anyway enough about me. What I'd like is to start dispelling any fears and doubts about the tournament system and start to answer questions so may I ask the moderators to pop a stickied thread into a forum and I'll answer the questions I can there.

I look forward to talking to you all more and hope to see some of you at a show soon.

Ian

Ian Richards
Program Manager
Organized Play
Wizards of the Coast
Old February 14th, 2008, 08:52 PM

Darkomen57 has disabled reputation
Welcome aboard Ian! On behalf of the other people here, I extend to you a friendly handshake!

Bitefight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido
...good grammar will get you far on this site. (at least a lot farther than the reverse).
Old February 14th, 2008, 08:58 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Welcome aboard! Even though I set up and ran the Florida Frenzy (Florida's first Heroscape Tournament, for National Heroscape day '07) tournaments aren't really my thing, so I hope you get good feedback from the more qualified members here.

~NecroBlade, looking for a nickname for WotC_Ian as he gave wotcpb&j to wotcpbarclay

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 14th, 2008, 09:06 PM

tyguy94920 is surprisingly tart
Quick off topic question,

Why is WotC allowed to post here, but Hasbro isn't?

I saw somewhere there was some kind of problem, what was it?

Or am I completly crazy?

All said and done, welcome to the boards, enjoy your stay

*Please release the Jungle and Large Hero's pack soon!*

Click Above for My Sig Link
Old February 14th, 2008, 09:14 PM

MrBarkypants Woo who?
It's amazing to me to see how much WOtC folks care about this product. That bodes so well for our beloved game. Thanks.

I'm Mr. Barkypants, and I'm a mix of ol schoo and new schoo....
Old February 14th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...=494195#526104

^Stickied discussion thread.
Old February 14th, 2008, 10:19 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Welcome to the site, the game, and the United States, Ian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old February 15th, 2008, 12:35 AM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
As one who's staring down the barrel of the big 4-0, let me say Welcome.

It's great that we've now DOUBLED the number of Wotc-Guys on the site. It's very heart-warming to see the connection you guys are trying to make with we, the fans, and I hope it's beneficial for all.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old February 15th, 2008, 12:40 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
It's great that we've now DOUBLED the number of Wotc-Guys on the site. It's very heart-warming to see the connection you guys are trying to make with we, the fans, and I hope it's beneficial for all.
I whole-heartedly agree. Welcome, Ian!
Old February 15th, 2008, 01:55 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
We have a great community here, and I for one am excited to see what you guys do.

Of course, If you don't do what we want, we'll have to take you to the steak. There's a Morton's in Seattle just in case.
Old February 15th, 2008, 02:38 AM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!
Welcome, Ian! It's good to have you here on the site (and in the Pacific Northwest).
Old February 15th, 2008, 03:44 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Yo! What up Ian? Took you long enough! :P

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion