Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old August 10th, 2007, 10:07 AM

Ted has disabled reputation
Can't wait to see it.
Old August 10th, 2007, 11:15 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
There are tons of tutorials on making rocks and rock structures. Try making something. You can do it. I believe in you!
Old August 10th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher
There are tons of tutorials on making rocks and rock structures. Try making something. You can do it. I believe in you!
This was a set for sale on eBay that I thought looked very cool. Desert expansion with rocks:
Old August 10th, 2007, 12:06 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scape_Scrub11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilliDog
When I read the title all I could think about was D-dyzzle and his custom rock terrain.
I remember that
That's all I could think of as well.

It sounds good. Hopefully someday it will happen. Meanwhile, I've seen some really cool Glacier repaints for mountains. And the Obsidians can get the same treatment to make for a pretty good squad of Golems.
Old August 10th, 2007, 12:15 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Old August 10th, 2007, 01:26 PM

Warrior of Einar has disabled reputation
yeah hex_enduction_hour i remember seeing that desert expansion with the big rocks on eBay, i think it was close to a year ago. I remember it looked really cool and the fig that came with it wasn't half bad either!

peeps, i would love to see this happen, good luck!

+ dragon = kick butt
Old August 10th, 2007, 03:03 PM

Ted has disabled reputation
Wow nice job on the repaints. I had to take a step back and look again. I thought that they were some other model but a second look showed that they were the lava guys. Again nice work.
Old August 10th, 2007, 04:34 PM

peeps has disabled reputation
Well,there are far better modifiers out there than myself.And some of the pics I see are awsome. I've always used the bare minimum/cost items. I'm not NEARLY as good as some of you out there,let's just say I dabble with what's available...

http://www.heroscapers.com/oldgaller...up&cat=1&pos=0

http://www.heroscapers.com/oldgaller...up&cat=1&pos=1

My little attempt at it.I've been doing miniature scale crafting this why since I was younger,and had no real money to buy the better stuff.But this is what I was thinking as far as a rock set. I carved out the ledge above each step to hold the figuires in place,and a cost of 3 move to climb.

"There is no I in TEAM,but there is in SHOWTIME"
Old August 10th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Very nice rock repaints! I once made up a squad of ogres I called the Rock Brood who had a rock throw special attack of Range 4, but yours does a great job of using the existing mechanics for the Moltarns.

Old August 10th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Most Wanted

HyperactiveSloth is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by peeps
Well,there are far better modifiers out there than myself.And some of the pics I see are awsome. I've always used the bare minimum/cost items. I'm not NEARLY as good as some of you out there,let's just say I dabble with what's available...

http://www.heroscapers.com/oldgaller...up&cat=1&pos=0

http://www.heroscapers.com/oldgaller...up&cat=1&pos=1

My little attempt at it.I've been doing miniature scale crafting this why since I was younger,and had no real money to buy the better stuff.But this is what I was thinking as far as a rock set. I carved out the ledge above each step to hold the figuires in place,and a cost of 3 move to climb.
Very nice! I like it. I might have gone with a slightly more grey than purple color (unless that's just bad lighting), but it still looks really great. What did you make it from?

...MASQUERADE Registration Now Underway... (Click for Details)

[Don't have "permission"? ...Click Here to give yourself access...]
Old August 11th, 2007, 10:20 AM

peeps has disabled reputation
Pretty low-cost actually! And yes,bad lighting,lol
I bought a sheet of foamboard from target for like 2 bucks.Had some packing foam laying around.Hot glue for the foam.Black,graphite,and chocolate paint/acrylic. Spanish moss.I use those dreaded "extra snow tiles" as a 4 wide base,then with a side base next to it,stacked an additional 16 for the hieght on both sides.Once I had that i cut out the foam board piece i needed to fit the square,and angled it toward the corners.Pulled pieces off the other packing foam till it looked right,a few tweaks with the exacto knife,and glued them in place.Painted it all black,then lightly brushed it with graphite,for a 2-tone look.If you've ever painted figuires before,then you know all about base coating.Then I hit it up with chocolate for a dirty look. I like the chocolate color personally because I feel as though the rock tiles to me are more "earth" than rock.But that's just me.and when you flock the green tiles,it's a nice color contrast.I like the field to look more "dirty" or "dark",but again,just my opinion.
Spanish moss is optional.But on foam,hot glue sets pretty fast.I love the glue-gun! LOL And thanx! For having a look.

"There is no I in TEAM,but there is in SHOWTIME"
Old August 11th, 2007, 11:10 AM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
This was a set for sale on eBay that I thought looked very cool. Desert expansion with rocks:
Dang, that is cool.
Those rocks actually look like plastic. I'd like a better look at that spider/scorpion figure. Whats that little order marker thingy on Sudema?
Cool stuff.

btw, welcome back Hex.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion