Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 17th, 2006, 08:04 PM

Pug has disabled reputation
Pug's Customs - More Cas and Pocket Dimensions (12/14) pg3

Revs:
I am Custom Creater of the Week - Huzzah. I will be revising like mad I would assume. Selena updated (12/1
Added Selena, the Pincer Horror, and Pocket Dimensions. Also priced Rowan (12/14)
Updated Majitel and added Leana (12/01)
Added Majitel and the Knights. (11/21)
Finalized the two hunter cards based on feedback for testing. (11/14)
Added my proposed "Big Game" hunter and his scouts. Added a new stealth card (11/13)
Updated Rowan and the Stealth Card (10/19)

My new Big Game Hunter. Need to get a better price I think.

His scouts

The Stealth Card Revisited. Better? Who knows.

The New Rowan. Still not priced. Played him a bit today though.
Old October 17th, 2006, 09:27 PM

D-Dyzzle has disabled reputation
hmm. i like him. although i worry that a lack of trees will keep him out of play. how many trees ya got.
Old October 17th, 2006, 09:55 PM

That's a good point, but I like that he is a bit limited in that fashion. Plus, it adds some plausability to the stealthing.

I could remove the tree requirement, but then his attacks would need to be a lot less potent I suppose.
Old October 17th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
I really like the concept, very original. However, I think wording can use alot of work. The stealth attack at range should include that the target does not get to use thier defense (or do they?). Also, a better explanation of the stealth 3 ability on the card is a must. I didnt understand how it worked until you described it in your discussion below. You will also need to put in all the things that will make him not stealthed like any attack or moving away from the tree. Those things aside, I think it has alot of potential.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old October 18th, 2006, 12:05 AM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
Welcome to the customs board: you're in the right place

Rowan looks fun but as Tiberius mentined the Stealth Ability on his card needs some work. I had a custom with a similar ability using actual figures for decoys so let me see what I can do:

Forest Stealth 3
Start the game with 3 Stealth Rowan Markers on this card. If Rowan starts his turn within 2 clear sight spaces of a tree, instead of taking a turn with Rowan, you may remove him from the board. Place the Stealth Rowan Markers on any empty spaces within 3 spaces of the space previously occupied by Rowan. While Stealthed, Rowan may not be targetted by normal attacks. Reveal any Stealth Marker when it is affected by a Special Attack, not within 2 spaces of a tree, or if an opponent's figure moves adjacent to it and spends 1 move. Reveal the Rowan Stealth Marker when Rowan uses any attack or moves. When a Stealth Marker is revealed, if the revealed Stealth Marker is the Rowan marker, place Rowan on the space previously occupied by the marker and remove all other Stealth Rowan Markers from the battlefield. Place any revealed Stealth Rowan Markers on this card.

It is pretty wordy but it should capture the idea of your Stealth markers. You did not include movement rules and I felt there needed to be better defined placement rules for the markers so I tried to clarify it a bit. It probably needs more work but will hopefully give you a starting point for the ability text.

Also you can now just say "if Rowan is stealthed" for the two special attacks. Since he has to skip his turn in order to go to stealth mode, he cannot attack in the same turn anyway. You can also take out the "using X attack will cause Rowan to be unstealthed" as I added it to the Stealth ability as well.

Finally I'm not sure if you intended to make other Stealth characters. If you do not then you can shorten Stealth Rowan Marker to simply Stealth Marker. I just felt it needed some clarification so people do not mix and match their markers as it would be quite messy :P

Anyway give it a go with the new words. It may be hard to fit on the card so you will probably need to edit the font and play with things a bit. Afterwards re-post the card: you'll probably get more feedback once the ability text is on the card instead of below it

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old October 18th, 2006, 11:48 AM

Thanks, I'll rehash the card tonight. I need to tweak the special attacks a bit too.

I did want to have other stealth cards, so maybe I should just make a card for the stealth skill. The reasoning behind having both of his special attacks stating that they drop stealth, is I want to have the flexability to have special attacks that don't drop stealth in the future. Of course, those would likely be the minority...

I also wanted to add a couple things to the stealth skill, so that makes it even more difficult to get it on the army card. Ah well.

Thanks for the input, I'll fix things up this evening and see how it looks.
Old October 19th, 2006, 05:57 PM

Updated and added the Stealth card. Need to fix up some of the text I think, but it's better now I think.
Old October 21st, 2006, 10:21 AM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug
Updated and added the Stealth card. Need to fix up some of the text I think, but it's better now I think.
Hrm... Take a tour through the gallery section of card templates if you get a chance. I think there is a blank card template which might fit your needs better.

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old October 21st, 2006, 10:57 AM

Thanks Rhydderch, will do.
Old November 13th, 2006, 04:09 PM

Well, I finally got back to using a better stealth card, and have been trying out Rowan.

I stumbled across these: http://www.pulpfigures.com/catcode.p...42271163442026

They fit pretty well with a big game hunter type unit I wanted, so I took a stab at one. I think these might be 28mm, but will find out how they fit when they arrive.

I feel Smythe is very fragile, and very single use, so I thought 110 pts would be fair, but I haven't tried him out yet as I haven't even ordered them

The outrunners were built comparatively to Deathreavers. They are unique, without scatter and climb, but they do have the bonding. 40 points may be too little - they also have more move and defense, so maybe 50 would be better.

Any opinions are welcome.

Old November 13th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Smyth seems priced pretty well with 2 ranged attacked dice with deadly shot. The 2 defense and 3 life balances that out a little bit.

As far as the Outrunners go, they are probably undercosted and here's why I think so.

1. They bond with Dund, not sure if you saw that when you gave them. Not that that is really powerful but it does give you more options with the bond and possibly helps out an under drafted unit.

2. They have 7 move and they are Scouts. That means with Venoc Warlord they have 9 move. 7 is too high of a base move.

If you want to keep them at 40 points, I would lower their defense to 3 or 4 and their move to 5. Just my opinion.
Old November 13th, 2006, 05:41 PM

Zeeno has disabled reputation
The stealth idea is cool

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards