Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old March 3rd, 2019, 10:03 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Br1an's Battlefields (New Map 3/3/19)

Very cool looking map. Looking forward to having some extensive fun!
Old March 3rd, 2019, 10:39 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Very well done! Some initial thoughts - I like the placement of LOS blockers throughout the map. I also like how you're using the walls to bring action more into the middle (along with the glyph). A lot of road on a three player map can be a great thing because the maps tend to be significantly bigger - so I like that. This is a small nitpick, but a little more variation among all the road tiles might make that road area a little more interesting. It looks solid though! Thanks for all the work you've put in to playing and revising! Keep it up!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old March 3rd, 2019, 11:37 PM
The Road Not Taken

Br1an rolls all skulls baby! Br1an rolls all skulls baby! Br1an rolls all skulls baby! Br1an rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for the input Flash!

I understand your concern about how most of the road is on level 3, and it was something I was conscious about while designing as well. So I did try to add a little variance where possible, each third of the map has 4 sunken hexes leading out of the right of the start zone, and 1 road hex that is on level with the stone table. I wanted the stone table and the 3 outer clusters to be the highest points so that there is a slight benefit to being on the central table. Additionally with how cluttered the LoS blockers make it, I wanted to make sure huge figures (such as Braxas) would still feel comfortable and move viably in this map. To accommodate I made the right path out of the starting zone double wide and more gradual and kept the center as flat as possible. You're welcome to disagree with the design choice, I just hope that at least explains my reasoning behind it!
Old March 4th, 2019, 07:16 PM
The Road Not Taken

Br1an rolls all skulls baby! Br1an rolls all skulls baby! Br1an rolls all skulls baby! Br1an rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Br1an's Battlefields (New Map 3/4/19)

Keeping the maps coming! This is a more simplistic 1 MS 1 expansion tournament style map I made. Mainly experimenting since I got the VW recently. It came out alright and it played decently!

Volcan Hills
1 RotV
1 VW
Old March 6th, 2019, 07:50 PM

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br1an View Post
Thanks for the input Flash!

I understand your concern about how most of the road is on level 3, and it was something I was conscious about while designing as well. So I did try to add a little variance where possible, each third of the map has 4 sunken hexes leading out of the right of the start zone, and 1 road hex that is on level with the stone table. I wanted the stone table and the 3 outer clusters to be the highest points so that there is a slight benefit to being on the central table. Additionally with how cluttered the LoS blockers make it, I wanted to make sure huge figures (such as Braxas) would still feel comfortable and move viably in this map. To accommodate I made the right path out of the starting zone double wide and more gradual and kept the center as flat as possible. You're welcome to disagree with the design choice, I just hope that at least explains my reasoning behind it!
The map definitely has a solid design. I was just expressing more of an initial thought rather than a concern - which may very well prove to be wrong. I appreciate the effort and thought you have put into building it! It definitely shows. And I love that you're posting other maps too! Keep them coming

"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old March 21st, 2019, 04:23 PM
The Road Not Taken

Re: Br1an's Battlefields (New Map 3/21/19)

Just added Squastrophobia! A fun symmetric tiny battlefield with quick action. Designed for 400 point armies.

Squashtrophobia - Competitive
1 RotV
1 RttFF
Old March 21st, 2019, 07:43 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Br1an's Battlefields (New Map 3/21/19)

Oooo, I really like this!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 22nd, 2019, 08:10 PM
The Road Not Taken

Re: Br1an's Battlefields (New Map 3/22/19)

Just got around to testing this 2 Master Set 2 VW map I made. I have plenty more done I just need to test them I really liked the way this one played though and it's my first (published) 2 master set map!

Lava Plaza - Competitive
2 RotV
2 RttFF
2 VW
Old March 22nd, 2019, 09:40 PM

Re: Br1an's Battlefields (New Map 3/22/19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br1an View Post
Just got around to testing this 2 Master Set 2 VW map I made. I have plenty more done I just need to test them I really liked the way this one played though and it's my first (published) 2 master set map!

Lava Plaza - Competitive
2 RotV
2 RttFF
2 VW
Dude. That looks epic. My only small suggestion would be regarding glyphs - right now, certain glyphs are favored to certain sides. When that happens it can be really frustrating if your opponent has awesome glyphs on their side, and you get stuck with a pit trap and Lodin on yours. Lol.

Keep these epic maps coming! It's always fun to see a great variety of maps being produced.

Old March 24th, 2019, 06:37 PM
The Road Not Taken

Re: Br1an's Battlefields (New Map 3/24/19)

Just added my first scenario map. Another 2 master set, but this time just 2 SotM, no expansions.

Click the spoiler tag to read the scenario:
Spoiler Alert!

Meet Me at the Wellspring - Competitive - S
2 SotM
Old April 3rd, 2019, 08:01 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: Br1an's Battlefields (New Map 3/24/19)

Very cool maps and nice to see you around the site! I see your posts on the Facebook group a lot.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old April 11th, 2019, 03:57 PM
The Road Not Taken

Re: Br1an's Battlefields (New Map 4/11/19)

Just added Circle the Pond. My initial concept for this was to just have a void in the center of the map. I settled on water instead because it looks nicer and kind of serves the purpose of making it an area you wouldn't go through. The glyph placement is just a suggestion, feel free to mix it up to your liking!

Circle the Pond - Competitive
1 RotV
2 RttFF

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios