Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs
HoME Customs A place for Heroes of Middle Earth Customs

Notices

Old October 1st, 2012, 04:59 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HoME General Discussion Thread

I propose a vote!

Happy, Jo?
Old October 1st, 2012, 05:15 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Before we vote, we should think about what factions will will have--with either type of general.

Here are the types of characters in ME (trying to rank from most to least powerful):

Very Powerful
Good Valar Lords and Queens--Manwe, Varda, etc...
Evil Valar--Morgoth

Medium Powerful
Good Maiar--Osse, Uinen
Evil Maiar--Sauron, Balrogs
Istari--Gandalf, Saruman, Radagast, Alatar and Pallando

Great Spiders
Dragons
Werewolves
Nazgul
Great Eagles
Ents
Stone Giants
Huan (hound)

Main Races
Elves--Vanyar, Noldor, Teleri, Avari, and others
Dwarves

Men
Edain
Haladin
Numenoreans
Rohirrim
Dunedain
Black Numenoreans
Corsairs of Umbar
Dunlendings
Haradrim
Easterlings
Woses
Hobbits

Evil Humanoids
Trolls
Barrow wights
Wargs
Orcs + Uruk Hai
Goblins

Other
Goldberry, Tom Bombadil, Old Man Willow
Old October 1st, 2012, 08:26 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Before we vote, we should think about what factions will will have--with either type of general.

Here are the types of characters in ME (trying to rank from most to least powerful):

Very Powerful
Good Valar Lords and Queens--Manwe, Varda, etc...
Evil Valar--Morgoth

Medium Powerful
Good Maiar--Osse, Uinen
Evil Maiar--Sauron, Balrogs
Istari--Gandalf, Saruman, Radagast, Alatar and Pallando

Great Spiders
Dragons
Werewolves
Nazgul
Great Eagles
Ents
Stone Giants
Huan (hound)

Main Races
Elves--Vanyar, Noldor, Teleri, Avari, and others
Dwarves

Men
Edain
Haladin
Numenoreans
Rohirrim
Dunedain
Black Numenoreans
Corsairs of Umbar
Dunlendings
Haradrim
Easterlings
Woses
Hobbits

Evil Humanoids
Trolls
Barrow wights
Wargs
Orcs + Uruk Hai
Goblins

Other
Goldberry, Tom Bombadil, Old Man Willow
For now, I think we ought to focus on the Lord of the Rings before branching out to the Hobbit, Silmarillion, Children of Hurin, etc.

However, that still leaves us with about 60% of what's listed above. So, before we actually call a vote, (which should be posted in bold, and posted in the Voting Thread, not General Discussion) let's hear from the rest of our membership.
Old October 1st, 2012, 08:44 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
  • The Edain and their descendents/Jandar
  • Mordor/Valkrill
  • Isengard and miscellaneous evil things/Vydar
  • Dwarfs/Aquilla
  • Elfs/Ullar
  • Morgoth/Utgar
  • Rohan and miscellaneous good thing/Einar
I like something along the lines of what infectedsloth has there for generals.

Quote:
Edit: for the record I don't think making unique generals makes them incompatibly with classic scape, Marvel did it.
Marvelscape is actually a different game that uses the same rules as Heroscape. They're "compatible" in the sense that they use the same rules, but they were not designed to be played together.

Thanks for the factions-list White Knight, it looks excellent.

I would prefer we use Heroscape generals. If we make cards for Sauron and/or Morgoth (which may or may not be necessary, more on that when the time comes) we will just have to deal with them serving the Kyrie generals. I don't see why Aragorn, Gandalf, Galadriel, or Elrond would serve one of the Kyrie either, thematically, so I don't think its any more an issue than other Heroscape characters.

I would also like to hear from Xorlof (!) and the rest of our membership.

Should we start a vote to make Xorlof and SoA our Executive Review Board, ("Bearers of the Three Rings of Power" so to speak), if they are willing? We need to discuss that as well.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 1st, 2012, 08:51 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I love the discussion that's going on here, this is a busy place. I would prefer to see everyone follow classic generals. While Proj. Pokemon and HoSS use custom templates, Heroes of Fiction use classic generals, which fits extremely well, imo.
Old October 1st, 2012, 08:54 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

What about my suggestion caps?
Old October 1st, 2012, 08:56 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post

Should we start a vote to make Xorlof and SoA our Executive Review Board, ("Bearers of the Three Rings of Power" so to speak), if they are willing? We need to discuss that as well.
What are you suggesting the Executive Review Board responsibility would be? Right now I don't see much of a need for it, but if we end up creating one SoA would definitely be on it.
Old October 1st, 2012, 09:09 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Happy Jo?
I just wanted to follow the rules...and another chance to use this face...

Quote:
...I don't see why Aragorn, Gandalf, Galadriel, or Elrond would serve one of the Kyrie either, thematically, so I don't think its any more an issue than other Heroscape characters.
Why don't you think they would serve Kyrie? Gandalf, Galadriel, Aragorn, and Elrond have all served worthy causes in the past.

Quote:
I insist that caps bears the third, (or B96...on second thought, I'm not sure we can trust him with a ring of power.)

Quote:
I would prefer we use Heroscape generals.
As would I.
Old October 1st, 2012, 09:10 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
What about my suggestion caps?
I think I addressed your suggestion, since it is essentially the same as the one made by people who want LotR-specific generals.

Quote:
Quote:

What are you suggesting the Executive Review Board responsibility would be? Right now I don't see much of a need for it, but if we end up creating one SoA would definitely be on it.
They would set the direction and have some sort of veto power. They would either outright make the following decisions, or have heavy influence on the outcome. Of course, some of these decisions would involve a lot of group discussion.

ERB Decisions
-What generals to use for the project
-What books to focus on first
-Which characters to focus on first, in general--do we focus on making them in Chronological order as the book progresses? Or do we make major characters first, then go to minor ones, regardless of chronology, etc.
-Organizing the figures into Master Sets, Waves, Special Releases, etc.
-and more matters of this nature

Of course, as I said, everyone could offer their input on these matters.

--
--
--

--
Old October 1st, 2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
Quote:
...I don't see why Aragorn, Gandalf, Galadriel, or Elrond would serve one of the Kyrie either, thematically, so I don't think its any more an issue than other Heroscape characters.
Why don't you think they would serve Kyrie? Gandalf, Galadriel, Aragorn, and Elrond have all served worthy causes in the past.
Gandalf is an Istari, which I have always thought of as a sort of Angel/Archangel. There are some supernatural undertones to his presence and purpose on Middle Earth, elements of Tolkien's Catholicism (and by extension, his Sacramentalism, I think). He's not just "serving a worthy cause", he is actually on a mission and serves a specific purpose. Galadriel and Elrond are not quite the same as Gandalf, obviously, but I think of them on a similar level. I think Gandalf, Saruman, Galadriel, and Elrond would all be on a similar level to the Kyrie generals in power and authority if we were somehow to compare them on a level playing field. Depending on where we pick him up in the storyline, Aragorn is either awaiting the "fullness of time" to become the King of Gondor or he is the King of Gondor. Either way, he is also a man who has a purpose and a mission. Not to mention the whole Kingly elven blood thing.

Anyways, as previously stated, the Kyrie generals summon people into the afterlife right before/after they've died. I think we should just live with the theme issues so that we can make them as compatible as possible with Classic 'Scape. How is Ana Karithon going to add defense against the forces of Mordor if they follow Sauron and not Utgar? There are a number of other powers like that and I'd rather not ignore them. Being fully compatible with Classic 'Scape means using their generals.

I actually have some modifications to infectedsloth's list:
  • The Edain and their descendents /Jandar
  • Mordor, Morgoth, and Co. /Utgar
  • Isengard and other traitors /Vydar
  • Dwarves and miscellaneous good/neutral /Aquilla
  • Elves and possibly some forest creatures /Ullar
  • Balrogs, Giant Spiders, other unaligned evils /Valkrill
  • Rohan and miscellaneous good/neutral /Einar

--
--
--

--
Old October 1st, 2012, 10:51 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

I went through my list and tried to split them into the Heroscape generals:

Jandar
Gandalf
Great Eagles

Vanyar elves (only found on Valinor)
Edain (men who were elf-friends in Beleriand)
Dunedain (northern descendants of the Edain)
Hobbits

Ullar
Radagast (Istari)
Noldor elves houses of Finrod, Fingolfin, and Finarfin (Glorfindel, Galadriel)
Sindar elves (including Elrond and Arwen)
Ents

Einar
Huan (Hurin's hound)
Numenoreans
Men of Gondor
Rohirrim

Aquilla
Dwarves
Haladin
Woses

Vydar
Stone Giants
Noldor elves house of Feanor
Black Numenoreans
Corsairs of Umbar

Utgar
Morgoth
Sauron
Werewolves
Dragons (created by Morgoth)
Balrogs (followed Morgoth)
Saruman (deceived by Sauron)
Nazgul (created by Sauron)
Haradrim
Easterlings
Trolls
Wargs
Orcs (created by Morgoth)
Uruk Hai
Goblins

Valkrill
Great Spiders
Barrow Wights
Old Man Willow

I didn't place the Valar or the Maiar (other than the Istari).

If we argue that Morgoth belongs to Valkrill and Sauron to Utgar, then we would move Morgoth, most of the dragons, most of the Balrogs, the werewolves, and some of the orcs to Valkrill.

The ones in bold are those found in Lord of the Rings.
Old October 1st, 2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
I went through my list and tried to split them into the Heroscape generals:

Jandar
Gandalf
Great Eagles

Vanyar elves (only found on Valinor)
Edain (men who were elf-friends in Beleriand)
Dunedain (northern descendants of the Edain)
Hobbits

Ullar
Radagast (Istari)
Noldor elves houses of Finrod, Fingolfin, and Finarfin (Glorfindel, Galadriel)
Sindar elves (including Elrond and Arwen)
Ents

Einar
Huan (Hurin's hound)
Numenoreans
Men of Gondor
Rohirrim

Aquilla
Dwarves
Haladin
Woses

Vydar
Stone Giants
Noldor elves house of Feanor
Black Numenoreans
Corsairs of Umbar

Utgar
Morgoth
Sauron
Werewolves
Dragons (created by Morgoth)
Balrogs (followed Morgoth)
Saruman (deceived by Sauron)
Nazgul (created by Sauron)
Haradrim
Easterlings
Trolls
Wargs
Orcs (created by Morgoth)
Uruk Hai
Goblins

Valkrill
Great Spiders
Barrow Wights
Old Man Willow

I didn't place the Valar or the Maiar (other than the Istari).

If we argue that Morgoth belongs to Valkrill and Sauron to Utgar, then we would move Morgoth, most of the dragons, most of the Balrogs, the werewolves, and some of the orcs to Valkrill.

The ones in bold are those found in Lord of the Rings.
Maybe White Knight would be a good candidate for our third ERB member.

I mostly agree with your list there, White Knight, and your list of people who would go to Valkrill with Morgoth. I think Saruman, as a traitor, fits better with Vydar than with Utgar. If you're not up to speed, in the latest scenario, Vydar went rogue and sided with the badguys.

Saruman's followers on the other hand, I could see with other generals, odd as that might seem.

I think Mordor orcs should follow Utgar, along with Sauron, but I think I could be persuaded. Uruk-Hai, as I implied with Saruman, could go with Vydar, Valkrill, Utgar...

Dragons, Balrogs, and Werewolves in Valkrill are totally okay with me.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > HoME Customs