Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old February 20th, 2020, 11:38 AM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Multiple Man (Unique) (Design)

Based on the wording for Dupes 17. Would I be able to roll for Dupes 17 and Dupes 10 if this Multiple Man would receive a wound?
Old February 20th, 2020, 12:02 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xael Raymand View Post
Based on the wording for Dupes 17. Would I be able to roll for Dupes 17 and Dupes 10 if this Multiple Man would receive a wound?
No, because they would occur at the same time so you must choose between them.

Probably should add a "this" to the Common Multiple Man to clarify that though. ..could do the same kind of an update for Multiplicity if we don't want that interaction. Then we could do both updates at once, if that's what we want.
Old February 20th, 2020, 12:07 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

If we're ruling that he can be activated by Multiplicity, then he'd also be protected by Dupes 17, yeah.

We could embrace that and just give him a power that boosts your rolls for Dupes when he's the one under attack. Might still require an update to the Common Multiple Man to make the wording of Dupes more cleanly handle a figure with more than 1 Life being targeted.
Old February 20th, 2020, 06:34 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Oh, and we hire this guy to do spoiler checks.

Bruiser is also a tee-up for a couple of his other teammates (Monet and Shatterstar). Strong Guy is the most important one to hit, though, they're close friends.
You get what you pay for I guess.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 20th, 2020, 08:38 PM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!

I like the idea of him just having the more powerful Dupes ability. I think just adding the word “this” makes sense for both cards.
Old February 20th, 2020, 09:10 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Okay, slightly fuller catch-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
If the intent is that he can take a turn with Multiplicity, you're probably better off putting OMs on the common card. A 20% chance of failure, but a 40% chance of getting a bonus move on top, and a 40% chance of getting extra dupe turns.

That's of course not taking into account the OM flexibility, just assuming you're taking turns with Madrox alone.
Yeah, agreed with that. Honestly, I don't really have an "intent" here because I think it has more to do with the wording on the Common Multiple Man?

Obviously we need a ruling, and my interpretation of the Common Multiple Man is that you could activate him with Multiplicity. But that's not really important to me here.

If we wanted to just completely clean up the interaction without needing to update the Common Madrox, I'd be fine reworking Multiple Choice into something like:

Quote:
MADROX PRIME
You may draft Multiple Man into an army with one or more Common Jamie Madrox figures. You cannot use any special power on another Multiple Man card to move, attack with, or roll the 20-sided die for this Multiple Man, or place him back on the battlefield after he is destroyed.
Not as elegant as him just being neatly excluded, but we've got the space, it keeps everything nice and clear, and it saves us an update.

Quote:
Cool to see some Investigator synergy open up. It's kind of funny, actually, that the faction includes the BPRD, X-Factor Investigations, and in the future, various Gotham-type detectives... a weird bunch to throw together, but also kind of fitting? Very Heroscape! Though in retrospect I might have made the BPRD guys into Operatives, since they lean closer to secret agents than private eye types...

Design-wise he's pretty simple, no notes. Might give him a different personality, just to differentiate him a bit? And I might try to make it consistent between "Jamie Madrox figure" and "Multiple Man figure" in the text, different powers are using different ones... though I understand we're kind of shackled by the common version there.
Yeah, I'm mostly using "Multiple Man" but I feel like I gotta go "Jamie Madrox" when I'm breaking the Uniqueness rules. I'll try to streamline around "Multiple Man" except for that one sentence, though.

I get wanting to go for a different personality, but honestly I feel like Conflicted works pretty well for him? Been a while since I read the book at this point, so I don't have an immediate alternate idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Looks cool! We probably want the "no additional turns" language on the X-Factor power, right?
Yeah, we might as well.

Quote:
I like the idea of him just having the more powerful Dupes ability. I think just adding the word “this” makes sense for both cards.
I think "this" is a little weird on a Common card to me, but maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Thoughts on the approach I outlined above where we just make it explicit on Madrox's card instead of updating the Commons, though?
Old February 21st, 2020, 03:46 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Ready for Multiple Man (Common) to see more play! Always loved that design. Would love to do the card here when the time comes.
Old February 21st, 2020, 09:40 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I kinda like the idea of just upping the dupes roll with a special power and am ultimately fine with Multiplicity working on this desgin.

I do not however like the clunkiness of using a power to exclude him, but I could live with that.
Old February 21st, 2020, 10:21 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

My only worry with Multiplicity working on him is that it’ll overpower X-Factor Accompaniment when you want to activate Unique Madrox. But I’m not even sure that’s an issue.

If he just has a power that boosts the Multiplicity roll, would that work if all the common Madroxes are dead?
Old February 21st, 2020, 10:22 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

This guy definitely wants the full Dupes power so he can bring back commons even if they all die.
Old February 21st, 2020, 02:27 PM

Why not up X-Factor Power, to 3 or 4 common multiple men. It would be more inline with a. Full squad and since it guaranteed over Multiplicity it may be better to have the order
Markers on him.
Old February 21st, 2020, 11:43 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
This guy definitely wants the full Dupes power so he can bring back commons even if they all die.
Would you be averse to making an art update to the Common Multiple Man if we need to tweak the wording to keep everything clean and clear? Should know what we'll need there by the time we're out of the design phase.

I'll have a pitch tomorrow, still sort of gathering thoughts here.

Quote:
Why not up X-Factor Power, to 3 or 4 common multiple men. It would be more inline with a. Full squad and since it guaranteed over Multiplicity it may be better to have the order
Markers on him.
I could see going up to 3, but 4 feels high. Given that Investigators only barely have synergy at the moment, 3'd probably be fine.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library