Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old March 2nd, 2011, 11:08 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Einar's Departure- My second wave with pics of cards/figures

EINAR'S DEPARTURE

The alliance of the Archkyrie have retreated to their respective domains to avoid being overwhelmed by Valkrill's masses. Seeing Valhalla in the greatest state of chaos it has been, Vydar has at last succumbed to madness. For he would rather end the whole of Valhalla by his own hand, than see it fall or be ruled on another's will. Utgar, broken by the betrayal of both the Marro and the Drow, has shut himself out to the rest of the world, paranoid and fearfully planning any future moves with only his most faithful.
Seeing his allies cower, and even dissapointed in Utgar's lack of action, Einar has stepped forward. A final march with the whole of his army, to inspire the whole of Valhalla with the will to wage a final war. Cutting through legions of foes, he hears only the men shouting his name, "Einar! Einar! Einar!..."

Agruna

Long was it believed no Dragon would come to Aquilla's side. With a crack of thunder, the Storm Lord has proved all wrong. Agruna, can govern the path of lightning from both the sky and his own maw. Even in these final hours it would take an army of extreme resolve to stand against his will.

Ormroth Riversplitter

The rightful ruler of the lizardfolk has arrived at last. On Toril, Ormroth governed the Greenscale Warriors with an iron fist, or to be more precise, mace. His black scales provide magical resistance, as well as easily shrugging off attacks from unskilled strikes. His underlings prefer to remain close to him, inspired by his brutality, however if a task is set for them elsewhere, they will be sure to carry it out hastily.

Vlad the Impaler

A legendary bringer of death, Vlad is a Warlord many strive to avoid. He takes pleasure in driving his pike through soldier and flaunting them before their allies, who often cower and lose motivation. Should an armies champion be pinned by Vlad, all hope often fades from those who stand against him.

Einar's Blade

In his final battle, Einar has bestowed a gift to those who have long served him. The greatest blade ever forged, carrying with it magical properties and immense power. Those who need it, must only raise their hands for it to rush to their grasp and smite down their foes.

Heart Striker

A prime assassin, not only does the Heart Striker move in secret, should she fail or be detected, those with a smell for blood will already be alerted to her location, eager to feast as they smell the freshly drawn blood.

Sightless Guardian

Sudema was queen of much, and for the first time since entering Valhalla she has been reunited with one of those bound to her will. The Sightless Guardian wields a powerful blade and relies on his thick constitution to fend off attacks. Though he is blind, the crumbling of stone always points him in the right direction.

GE-VOK-SA

With Valkrill's coming, the Marro have left Utgar's side, as they always intended. The messenger of Valkrill's arrival, and of the plan's initiation was none other than Ge-Vok-Sa, the most intelligent product of the Marro's experiments with the DNA of the Venoc's. On top of his maneuverability, he wield a scythe with potent poisons inside, making him no pushover even when faced with a great force.

Arcane Portal Master

Any large army, no matter how chaotic, needs a means of transportation. The Arcane Portal Master maintains gates which are linked to one another. He is the most intelligent of those who serve Valkrill, following him because of sympathizing with his ideals, and also knowing that turning against the hordes he mitigates would mean prompt demise.

Lord Frostbane

The powers a Death Knight can command are many, though few ever match those of Lord Frostbane. It cannot be determined what he achieved in life, but in death he often assumes the aspect of a death governing lich, becoming both resilient and able to raise corrupted warriors. However should he desire a less subtle approach, he is known to unleash powerful magic against his foes, as well.

And more to come...

Creator notes:

For those who haven't seen wave 1(my custom d4) check here

Agruna: I think the logic is fairly clear. Give Aquilla her dragon, reminiscent of the blue wyrmling, and make it worth the wait!

Ormroth Riversplitter
: Man do I love this guy. I wanted him to be fairly low points, melee, make the lizardfolk themselves play differnetly, and subtly be anti dragon/squadscape. I decided on his resilience of some kind early on, and then task from the monarch came to me, which undoubtedly provides options without being a boring buff. Is he better than the dragons? Obviously not but he is very much different!

Vlad the Impaler: Scape needed some historical units, and Einar needed some love so I designed a conditional reverse aura warlord. I like the theme he oozes, and am glad I found a satisfactory way to work in a reason to kill heroes vs/ squads. Originally I intended to have his aura based off points but there is really no way to do this. Because of fin/thog/el I had to word him how he is, which makes his solitary effect a bit long winded.

Einar's Blade: A buff to melee units, as well as an answer to rats. He definetley needs some playtesting, but due to low stats, he should prove about right, and complete the role he was intended for.

Heart Striker: I knew I wanted to buff hunters, and figured this was the best unit to do it with. Her ability took some time to figure out, almost made her a cheerleader, even though I hate those. She's certainly not competitive as is, but thematically, and for fun games is a blast.

Sightless Guardian: Needs playtesting, not because his stats aren't good but to see if he and Sudema operate well enough on average. The goal was to encourage players to not cheesily always try to blow up a hero with her ability, and in return get a consistent free activation of this tank.

GE-VOK-SA: Interesting unit, I wanted him to mesh with the Groks to make them playable, while keeping his cost and uses low enough to be splashable any army, even gave him a d20 ability so he benefits from ol Su-bak-na. Slither adds to his mobility/uniqueness and works with the Marro lore.

Arcane Portal Master: Took me and the freelance group awhile to get this guy playable. But as he is, he is real fun, and fits the envisioned role of a weak but cunning mage who needs to rely on his new game mechanic to stay alive. He and the portals may need some tweaking, but not much!

Lord Frostbane: How insulting DK's didn't get a proper hero... FB is here to fill the role. For those wondering, dk's have many magical abilities including fire and ice based ones, they aren't just random. I thought the "cooldown" on a powerful fire spell or the choice to get a buff and raise a pretty powerful common unit was worthwhile. Hopefully he proves to be worth his points, if not his abilities may be slightly buffed.

UPDATE:
If you want to play with these customs Auggies has begun to list and will be selling most if not all of this wave on his site! If you do buy you can find reasonably priced bases on Ebay, or debase your own figs =] http://store02.prostores.com/servlet...CARDS%21%21%21

Last edited by chaoserver; September 20th, 2017 at 10:42 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 04:17 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: Einar's Departure- My second wave with pics of cards/fig

Another great wave! Fabulous stuff!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 3rd, 2011, 05:25 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

There looks to be a lot of good stuff here. I really like what you did with the lizardman hero and his incentive for his followers to move away from his (possible) aura. I'll look things over more later.

I didn't care for the name Heart Striker, it sounds too clunky to me. Also, I looked at the sculpt first and thought how cool it was that there would be some help for the drow and then I realized she wasn't a drow. She looks like she should be though. I was wondering if this was a missed opportunity.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 05:51 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks to the comments/feedback! The Ormroth ability came to me suddenly, as I wanted to make him more interesting than the Greenscales paired with a dragon(follow him around boringly). It gives the option to use them as cruise missles/to capture glyphs or be sturdy and stick around him,

If you look at Heart Striker(Yea a bad name but it's what I kept coming back to since she is holding a heart 0.0), she simply isn't a Drow, or featuring the same black skin they do, or I would totally have jumped on that. It would be like making Agent Carr a Drow hehe. I can admit she was definitely the least inspire in the set and might get some tweaks.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 06:17 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

What's the point of Ge-Vok-Sa making Marro follow Valkrill? he has no powers realting to Valkrill Marro, and the Marro have no powers specifying Utgar Marro.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 3rd, 2011, 07:08 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Portal Master should have a name or be uncommon. Preferably uncommon. Just sayin'.

~Gorthan, enjoying this wave almost as much as the last(Which says quite a lot)....

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old March 3rd, 2011, 08:09 PM

Scape- In Valkrill's Justice I added a reason

Gorthan- He was intended as an uncommon but in the freelance group we decided he had to be unique. If he could be uncommon that would be baller too!
Old March 3rd, 2011, 08:40 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

Ge-Vok-Sa's power says "Gru-Ka-Sa". Something doesn't match up...
Great Job!

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old March 3rd, 2011, 09:01 PM

Good catch Will fix soon hehe
Old March 3rd, 2011, 10:29 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
Scape- In Valkrill's Justice I added a reason

Gorthan- He was intended as an uncommon but in the freelance group we decided he had to be unique. If he could be uncommon that would be baller too!

Just sayin' because those portals seem awfully easy to destroy, and once you destroy one of them, the other becomes useless. If you can't bond with the summoner, then you can't take advantage of the portal on your turn. If the enemy destroys the portal on their turn, then you have to use another OM on the summoner to replace it for your army. It's an AWESOME mechanic, but I think that one summoner would get overwhelmed with the demand for portals, but low supply.
Uncommon summoners would allow you to place a ton of portals around, so that there's no WAY the enemy can pick them all off before your army gets to use them! Uncommon status WOULD raise the price significantly, however.

Your customs are great, man! Keep up the good work!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old March 4th, 2011, 12:54 AM

They are only easy to destroy if placed too close to an enemies starting zone. But you're definitely thinking along the lines I was, and maybe I will think on him being uncommon once more =]

By the way to everyone, Auggies has begun to list and will be selling most if not all of my wave 1 customs on his site! If you do buy you can find reasonably priced bases on Ebay, or debase your own figs =] http://store02.prostores.com/servlet...CARDS%21%21%21

Last edited by chaoserver; March 4th, 2011 at 01:03 AM.
Old March 4th, 2011, 01:07 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Very awesome customs. I especially like the dragon and Vlad

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards