Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old November 22nd, 2008, 11:33 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Figure Storage Box 1000 - Should I sell a few of these?

I would buy one, because I am currently looking for something to store my units in.

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 12:02 AM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

An example of using the foam in a SnapWare box...
About 150 figures, each layer, and you can just add a layer to add more figure space.

Old November 23rd, 2008, 12:50 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious View Post
An example of using the foam in a SnapWare box...
About 150 figures, each layer, and you can just add a layer to add more figure space.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!
Old November 23rd, 2008, 01:16 AM

SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker

I am on board with that!

My Recent Plays:
Old November 23rd, 2008, 02:07 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

The add-a-layer idea is excellent. Would that be in a plastic box? How much would that cost?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 23rd, 2008, 02:11 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
The add-a-layer idea is excellent. Would that be in a plastic box? How much would that cost?
I think you would have to buy the boxes yourself but they are relatively cheap. Even cheaper after Christmas at Target where they go for about $9 for the 2 layers you see in the pic.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 02:15 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I think I could do that. Depending on the size of the foam, I could buy more of the stackable kind I already have (which I was planning on eventually anyway) and just fit the foam. This would be 45936459 times better than my current figure/card/dice storage.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 23rd, 2008, 05:56 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

And a new problem arrises with the big cardboard box. I went to order the min purchase of 10... was an ok price, got to the shipping page and they wanted $115 for postage alone... becase folded flat, the boxes are beyond fed ex/ups size limits... so it had to go via special truck, lame.

Might be cheaper for me to drive to chicago and pick it up... but I dont want to do that either... looking for other boxes.

For now, going to focus on just the foam and snapware boxes...
Old November 23rd, 2008, 06:55 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
And a new problem arrises with the big cardboard box. I went to order the min purchase of 10... was an ok price, got to the shipping page and they wanted $115 for postage alone... becase folded flat, the boxes are beyond fed ex/ups size limits... so it had to go via special truck, lame.

Might be cheaper for me to drive to chicago and pick it up... but I dont want to do that either... looking for other boxes.

I work in the shipping industry and that sounds bogus to me. Yes, UPS has an up-charge for oversized packages, but there aren't any "Special Trucks". I can't think how big ten of these boxes would have to be for it not to fit inside a regular delivery van.

Old November 23rd, 2008, 07:06 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Quote:

I work in the shipping industry and that sounds bogus to me. Yes, UPS has an up-charge for oversized packages, but there aren't any "Special Trucks". I can't think how big ten of these boxes would have to be for it not to fit inside a regular delivery van.
Nope, this is not bogus. Special truck just means: we are arranging custom shipping through a custom carrier for this item. When you are looking at regular order quantities of items like these boxes, special truck is just cheaper than UPS' oversized rate. Youmight be ble to get these guys o the phone and explain to them that special truck doesn't really work for you, but I doubt it's worth the effort (for them or you)

BTW, I love this idea and look forward to see where this is going. I am definately interested in purchasing an affordable storage solution!

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old November 26th, 2008, 10:52 AM

To those that do not want cardboard. Would designing it around this...

... be better, or the same?

This thing is a canvas bag, however the innards are all still made of cardboard.

It has a smaller X,Y size than the box in the 3D render, but it is deeper, I plan on making the recomended configuration to hold about 500-700 figures, depending on size, one master set box for terrain/dice bags etc, and the lid will have slots for the figure cards.
Old November 26th, 2008, 12:02 PM

SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker SlikkRikk knows what's in an order marker
Re: Figure Storage Foam - Customize it to fit your storage b

Yeah that looks great ... very exciting stuff man.

My Recent Plays:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions