Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 31st, 2009, 08:28 PM

wdgrant knows what's in an order marker wdgrant knows what's in an order marker
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Drumline, enjoy Arkham Horror. It is one of my favorites. I will say, play the base game without expansions for a little while before you jump in with both feet. It is great by itself, and the expansions will add some spice to change things up once you get a feel for the game. I have to respectfully disagree with Royaldoy about an 8 player game. I wouldn't recommend it. I feel like it has too much downtime to keep people entertained, unless everyone knows the rules very well and can run through the phases very rapidly. I prefer it with 2 to 5 players. Again, you may find 8 works for you, just wanted to give you another opinion. Either way, enjoy AH.
Old May 31st, 2009, 08:34 PM

Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker

Been playing a lot of BSG. Prettying up the pieces by painting them, and also ordered some nice pewter Basestars. Wish I had bought the Die cast mini's for them when they were out a couple of years ago.

We've been doing a quest theme on our gigantic HS map that's taken a month so far of on and off play.

I've also been hunting around for a copy of BETRAYAL AT HOUSE ON THE HILL , but wow, the prices are out of sight on that one. Anyone here want to sell one for less than a kidney transplant?

"There's something exceptionally satisfying in dropping Mimring in round one."

Expand your horizons. Terrain maps from Cavalier.
Old May 31st, 2009, 11:07 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I played AH today. It was a ton better than I expected. It is much more abstract than say LNoE, but that isn't a bad thing. Lot's of cool items and spells and monsters. Very difficult too and stacked against the players like in LNoE. I would have to play it a bit more before deciding if I love it, but I had a good time.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old June 1st, 2009, 06:54 AM

RichardD has disabled reputation

The month of May saw me playing less Dominion (with 1,000 or so games under my belt now, I'm waiting on the Intrigue expansion to rejuvenate the game) and move on to playing quite a lot of Power Grid (both face-to-face and online). I must have played it more than half a dozen times in the last week.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old June 1st, 2009, 07:22 AM

royaldoy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
How much are the AH expansions? I paid 60 for my base set, but that was at a local shop that usually overcharges the heck out of things. Dominion is 45 bucks there Are they usually cheaper online, or is my best bet just to buy them from the store? I think they had the cards for 25 and the Boards for 60. I am super stoked to bust this game out tomorrow! Also, is it ANY fun at all with 1 player?
I'm not one for playing solo board games, thats what my RPG video games are for. It plays best with 3-4 people IMHO. 1 sounds boring, 2 is too few and anything more than 5 will take longer to play. If you enjoy playing solo games though, knock yourself out and run a few characters, if anything it will help familiarize yourself with the rules.

I choose you...Isamu!
Old June 3rd, 2009, 11:31 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation

I dusted off BattleBall, and taught my six year old daughter how to play.

She won twice.

Old June 3rd, 2009, 11:45 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

A buddy of mine found a copy of Epic Duels at a thrift store for $2. He hooked me up and I've been playing it with my boys - what a great game! Fast moving and a lot of fun. It feels like I might have played something else by the designers before...
Old June 4th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
A buddy of mine found a copy of Epic Duels at a thrift store for $2. He hooked me up and I've been playing it with my boys - what a great game! Fast moving and a lot of fun. It feels like I might have played something else by the designers before...
Funny you should mention ED. I just unwrapped a mint copy yesterday, and plan on having a ED game night tonight.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old June 4th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
Funny you should mention ED. I just unwrapped a mint copy yesterday, and plan on having a ED game night tonight.
Such a good game. My friends and I all have copies of it. My buddy is having his Bachelor Party Wednesday so we're having a MASSIVE game-fest. Anyone have any suggestions for good, easy to teach games for several players? Right now we have Dominion, Killer Bunnies, Killer Bunnies Journey to Jupiter, Arkham Horror with Dunwich and Innsmouth, Race for the Galaxy, Citadels, ED, and Heroscape.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old June 4th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplebeard View Post
I've also been hunting around for a copy of BETRAYAL AT HOUSE ON THE HILL , but wow, the prices are out of sight on that one. Anyone here want to sell one for less than a kidney transplant?
I cry in my beer.
Old June 4th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumline3469 View Post
Such a good game. My friends and I all have copies of it. My buddy is having his Bachelor Party Wednesday so we're having a MASSIVE game-fest. Anyone have any suggestions for good, easy to teach games for several players?
For a bachelor party? Busen Memo. I'm not providing a link.

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old June 4th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quick, fun games that are quick to learn and play:

1. Drakon - Best. Game. Ever. Learn in 5 minutes, play a whole 6-player game in 30.
2. Red November - Quick, interesting, and not too hard to learn.
3. Through The Desert - Great fun, easy game, and you can use the pastel camels to match the strippers' clothes.
4. FRAG - This game is SO easy to learn and plays like Halo. Quick, furious playing game.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games