Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old September 10th, 2010, 02:07 PM

Zarrath Woo who?
Major Q9/Major Q10 army help!!!

i've been trying to make a competitive army based around Q9, and Q10. Are there any good ideas out there? I'm looking at around 400 to 600 points for the armies. here's one i came up with but i don't know if its worthy of anything.

Q9 180
Q10 150
2xGlads 120
2xBlasts 160

610 points
Old September 10th, 2010, 02:25 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Major Q9/Major Q10 army help!!!

With both Qs in your army, you don't need any help!
Old September 10th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarrath View Post
i've been trying to make a competitive army based around Q9, and Q10. Are there any good ideas out there? I'm looking at around 400 to 600 points for the armies. here's one i came up with but i don't know if its worthy of anything.

Q9 180
Q10 150
2xGlads 120
2xBlasts 160

610 points
To be honest that's actually a pretty good little army! Though the magic number of glads:blasts seems to be 3:2... an the whole army is amazingly weak against the dreaded Omni / Reps build.

If you want the brothers Q to be your core (and a fine core it is) then you'll be needing a screen unit, something to tie down enemies as they move toward your powerful ranged heroes. Death reavers are the obvious choice, and indeed make for a powerful combo with the Majors, but again you leave the army crippled to the anti-bot powers of the Reps.

I suggest taking the phatom knights in this case. They act as a strong screen, and have the added bonus of bringing some more offense to the party. They also have more freedom of movement than the rats, making them sutable for a rushing assassination if the opportunity arises. Also as undead they are not worried by the powers of the omni reps.

Q9 180
Q10 150
PKx4 280
TOTAL 610pts 16hex

Pretty solid army right there.

Another option is to forgo the screen all together and opt for more range. Laglore brings both the Q's up to TEN range and anybody elase around gets a similar boost.

Q9 180
Q10 150
Laglore 110
KMA 100
Black Wyrmx2 60
TOTAL 600pts 10hex

Tons of range and some defense bypassing abilities. Plenty of range, but you've made yourself weaker to splash attacks.

Hope that helps...

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old September 10th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

For builds closer to 500:

Q9 180
Q10 330
Rhogar 440
Rats x2 520, 13 spaces

~Send your rat screen out first, Then move out Q9. I would actually keep Q10 back as a reserve; use him if Q9 falls, or if you need to Wrist Rocket anything off of Q9. With the soulborg-inherited low life, Rhogar makes sense as a reliable healer and tank/blocker (or to take on those pesky repulsors, albeit non-efficiently).

Q9 180
Q10 330
Knights x3 480
Eldgrimm 510, 17 spaces
~To combat the threat of repulsors, use the knights as your screen. With Coward's Reward, your opponent will not want to risk disengagement with the knights; the Brothers Q can pick them apart from a safe distance. When Eldgrimm falls, place his spirit on Q10 and, once again, save 10 for reserve/end-game.

Last edited by Filthy the Clown; September 10th, 2010 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Spelling boo boo
Old September 10th, 2010, 05:30 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation

Q9 180
Q10 150
Raelin 80
Nikitas 120
/530

turtle anyone? if so this works fairly well,
but with Q9's defense ye can also move him up and around and leave q10 and the Nikitas to perform mopup, etc.

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old September 10th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriquez View Post
Q9 180
Q10 150
Raelin 80
Nikitas 120
/530

but with Q9's defense ye can also move him up and around and leave q10 and the Nikitas to perform mopup, etc.
My daughter once played this, though with Rats instead of Nakitas. It is a brutal army to deal with, just brutal.

(Laglor is another option, for a truly effective turtle.)
Old September 10th, 2010, 05:50 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodriquez View Post
Q9 180
Q10 150
Raelin 80
Nikitas 120
/530

My daughter once played this, though with Rats instead of Nakitas. It is a brutal army to deal with, just brutal.

(Laglor is another option, for a truly effective turtle.)
aye Rats are horrible with this setup simple b/c ye just use them to tie everything up,
I just prefer Nikitas for the smoke powder ability, which gives Raelin a bit more staying power from range, as well as their Engagement strike(think 2 nikita's next to Raelin...)

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old September 13th, 2010, 05:43 PM

Zarrath Woo who?

thanks for the help really appreciate it. i gave most of the armies a try and these were the ones that functioned best.

q9
q10
4xpks

q9
q10
3xknights
eldgrim

q9
q10
raelin
laglor
kma

well i'll be sticking with these armies from now on when i decide to bust out q9 as a core. again thanks for all the help!
Old September 14th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarrath View Post
thanks for the help really appreciate it. i gave most of the armies a try and these were the ones that functioned best.

q9
q10
4xpks

q9
q10
3xknights
eldgrim

q9
q10
raelin
laglor
kma

well i'll be sticking with these armies from now on when i decide to bust out q9 as a core. again thanks for all the help!
I played against this one the other night... Managed to win though it was a brutal battle. Good thing I had plenty of SA's!

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion