Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Notices

Old August 28th, 2014, 04:37 PM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!
The Holocron of Han Solo (Hoth)

The Holocron of Han Solo

HoSS Public Design #3
Public Expansion 2: Heroes of Hoth

figure card:

The figure used for this unit is a Star Wars figure from the Alliance and Empire set. Its model number and name are 9/Han Solo on Tauntaun.
Alternate figure:
The figure used for this unit is a Star Wars figure from the Battle of Hoth set. Its model number and name are 3/Han Solo on Tauntaun.

Alternate Hoth-themed cards
Spoiler Alert!

Character Bio - After playing an important role in the destruction of the first Death Star, Han decided to stay with members of the Rebel Alliance. He eventually found himself on the remote planet Hoth, where the Rebels attempted to avoid being detected by the Empire. While on the icy planet, he participated in patrol duties using Speeders and indigeneous Tauntauns, the latter of which proved to be better suited for the cold. It was Solo who destroyed the Imperial Probe Droid responsible for discovering the Rebel Base. After his friend Luke failed to return from a routine patrol Han engaged in a daring and risky rescue mission to save his friend. Han's time on Hoth ended with the Imperial invasion of the Rebel Base.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
• N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received:
Classic:
• N/A

B]HoSS[/B]:
• 2-1B : Rebel Field Medic
Being a Unique non-droid or vehicle that follows the Rebel Alliance, Han Solo may benefit from 2-1B's REBEL FIELD MEDIC special power.

• CHEWBACCA : Wookie Life Debt
Han Solo may benefit from Chewbacca's WOOKIE LIFE DEBT Special Power and it's +1 defense and +1 move for Han Solo.

C3V, SoV & Marvel:
• N/A

Synergy Benefits Offered:
Classic:
• N/A

HoSS:
• N/A

C3V, SoV & Marvel:
• N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
• TBA
-Power Rankings-
• TBA
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
• Initial Play Test: Yodaking
• First Test: Tai-Pan
• Second Test: TREX - Updated Design #1
• Third Test: Tai-Pan - Updated Design #1
• Fourth Test: Koolster25 - Updated Design #2

• Art by: Mac122

Last edited by mac122; February 10th, 2018 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Updated playtest links, bio
Old August 28th, 2014, 04:38 PM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Holocron of Hoth Han

Han Solo (on Tauntaun)
Rebel Alliance

Human
Unique Hero
Scout
Bold
LARGE

Life 5
Move 7
Range 5
Attack 4
Defense 4
Points 110

RESCUE MISSION
After moving Han Solo, you may choose a friendly, small or medium figure that Han was adjacent to at any point before or during his movement that is also within 5 clear sight spaces of an opponent's figure. Place the chosen figure on any empty space adjacent to Han. Figures moved with Rescue Mission may not be placed into engagement and never take leaving engagement attacks.

AGGRESSIVE SCOUTING
If Han Solo attacks a figure that was not within 5 clear sight spaces before moving, he may attack one additional time. Han may not use Aggressive Scouting and Rescue Mission on the same turn.

SNOW AND ICE ENHANCED MOVEMENT
Slippery Ice and Heavy Snow only count as 1 space when moving.

Earlier versions
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by mac122; August 6th, 2015 at 04:24 PM.
Old August 28th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Nice start.

Han kept Luke alive on Hoth, but didn't really heal him. What if LOYAL FRIEND prevented an adjacent friendly hero from being destroyed. Something like this, perhaps?

LOYAL FRIEND
If a friendly Unique Hero adjacent to Han Solo would take enough wounds to be destroyed, you may reveal the "X" order marker on this card to ignore any wounds.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old August 28th, 2014, 05:22 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

Just from my first read through, I think the first two powers need a little work to be more acceptable given the previous langague used in Heroscape. I would recommend

Quote:
AGGRESSIVE SCOUTING
If Han attacks a figure that has not been attacked by any other figure, you may attack that figure 1 additional time.
becomes

AGGRESSIVE SCOUTING
If Han attacks a figure that has not been attacked by any other figure this turn? round?, you may attack that figure 1 additional time.

Though keeping track of who has been attacked could be difficult.

Maybe something like "If Han attacks a figure that was not within his range when he started his turn, he may attack one additional time" ?

Quote:
LOYAL FRIEND
At the end of a round, you may reveal an X order marker on this army card and heal 1 wound from an adjacent friendly figure.
LOYAL FRIEND
At the end of a round, you may reveal an X order marker on this army card and remove 1 wound from an adjacent friendly figure.

EDIT:
@mac122
Quote:
LOYAL FRIEND
If a friendly Unique Hero adjacent to Han Solo would take enough wounds to be destroyed, you may reveal the "X" order marker on this card to ignore any wounds.
Would that become troublsome for a late game scenario where Han's opponent only has one hero left? What if it was "remove a unrevealed numbered order marker to prevent all wounds". Then you're not just giving up an x order marker that you're probably not using anyway, but actually giving up a turn in order to prevent damage?

EDIT2:
Has there been any thought about making Hoth Han and Tauntan Han interact, with killing the tauntan to maybe save someone, but losing movement in the process or something like that?

Last edited by CrazyTankster; August 28th, 2014 at 05:26 PM. Reason: So many ideas...
Old August 28th, 2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTankster View Post
Just from my first read through, I think the first two powers need a little work to be more acceptable given the previous langague used in Heroscape. I would recommend

Quote:
AGGRESSIVE SCOUTING
If Han attacks a figure that has not been attacked by any other figure, you may attack that figure 1 additional time.
becomes

AGGRESSIVE SCOUTING
If Han attacks a figure that has not been attacked by any other figure this turn? round?, you may attack that figure 1 additional time.

Though keeping track of who has been attacked could be difficult.

Maybe something like "If Han attacks a figure that was not within his range when he started his turn, he may attack one additional time" ?

Quote:
LOYAL FRIEND
At the end of a round, you may reveal an X order marker on this army card and heal 1 wound from an adjacent friendly figure.
LOYAL FRIEND
At the end of a round, you may reveal an X order marker on this army card and remove 1 wound from an adjacent friendly figure.

EDIT:
@mac122
Quote:
LOYAL FRIEND
Would that become troublsome for a late game scenario where Han's opponent only has one hero left? What if it was "remove a unrevealed numbered order marker to prevent all wounds". Then you're not just giving up an x order marker that you're probably not using anyway, but actually giving up a turn in order to prevent damage?

EDIT2:
Has there been any thought about making Hoth Han and Tauntan Han interact, with killing the tauntan to maybe save someone, but losing movement in the process or something like that?
I think this is supposed to be Tauntan Han, I didn't realize there is a Hoth Han also.

I like the preventing a fig from being destroyed. That's what I was trying to get at.

@CrazyTankster
Yeah I knew the wording wasn't perfect. I would go with the double attack on a figure not being in range one you suggested.
Old August 28th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

You could have him start with a "Tauntaun Marker" or something that gives him a boost to Move but can be removed to save a figure from dying (or generally remove wounds). Maybe make him lose Enhanced Movement. Or just a once per game power that does the same thing?

Not sure what direction you really have planned in general though.
Old August 28th, 2014, 07:57 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

@weebaer : Which figure do you want to do?
Han on Tauntaun

or Han Solo of Hoth

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old August 28th, 2014, 08:29 PM

I really don't want it to be over complicated. I am a bigger fan of the simpler and fun designs
Old August 28th, 2014, 09:06 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

Both! When he prevents a figure from dying, you switch the figures and Han get a new card!

$0.02: Han on the Tauntaun kind of feels like a filler figure to me. You only see him riding that thing for a few minutes and then he slices it open after it freezes to death and that's the only part anyone ever actually remembers.

Han with the coat isn't seen much more than that, but it's kind of like Malibu Barbie. It's Han Solo, but in his Hoth outfit. It's actually Han, and that could justify a more solid unit with a proper point total, but that would compete with original Han Solo. What reason would there be to cut regular awesome Han with another Han?

With that said, Han on Tauntaun would be a sweet figure.
Old August 28th, 2014, 09:40 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Tauntaun mini, IMO. Also, please change the thread to say The Design Holocron of Han Solo, on Tauntaun. Thanks!

I'd make Aggressive Scouting more open to later in the game. Once the game gets underway, it's gonna be worthless sense all of the figures have been attacked by then (and what about Common figures)? I like CTs idea of attacking figures that started outside of his range:
AGGRESSIVE SCOUTING
If Han attacks a figure that was not within 5 clear sight spaces when he started his turn, he may attack that figure one additional time.
For Loyal Friend what about renaming it "And I Thought They Smelled Bad On The 'Outside'" and word it like this:
AND I THOUGHT THEY SMELLED BAD ON THE OUTSIDE
Once per game, when a small or medium figure you control adjacent to Han Solo would receive enough wounds to be destroyed, you may ignore those wounds and remove X wound marker(s) from that figure's Army Card. After using this special power, subtract 2 from Han Solo's move and Han Solo may not use his Snow and Ice Enhanced Movement special power for the rest of the game.
Maybe make it remove an extra wound if that figure follows the Rebel Alliance or if the figure's on a snow or ice space. One or the other, not both (and I think I'd prefer the Rebel Alliance theme to make it better used with Luke instead of Vader). So yeah:
AND I THOUGHT THEY SMELLED BAD ON THE OUTSIDE
Once per game, when a small or medium figure you control adjacent to Han Solo would receive enough wounds to be destroyed, you may ignore those wounds and remove 1 wound marker from that figure's Army Card. Remove 1 extra wound marker if the figure follows the Rebel Alliance. After using this special power, subtract 2 from Han Solo's move and Han Solo may not use his Snow and Ice Enhanced Movement special power for the rest of the game.

Last edited by Sheep; August 28th, 2014 at 09:59 PM.
Old August 29th, 2014, 05:33 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

The Tauntaun fits on DW9K base, if I remember right. As long as it's a single-base figure, it would be cool to have an unofficial custom (not custom as in self-made but custom as in a behavior that is usually conducted) of replacing Tauntaun Han with Hoth Han.

That being said, I like the ideas with aggressive scouting and killing the Tauntaun to save a friendly hero.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old August 29th, 2014, 07:11 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
The Tauntaun fits on DW9K base, if I remember right. As long as it's a single-base figure, it would be cool to have an unofficial custom (not custom as in self-made but custom as in a behavior that is usually conducted) of replacing Tauntaun Han with Hoth Han.

That being said, I like the ideas with aggressive scouting and killing the Tauntaun to save a friendly hero.
Yeah, unofficially with my suggestion (or any power that "kills" the Tauntaun), you could remove the Tauntaun and replace it with normal Han.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape