Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Comics
Comics Not Heroscape or Marvel Heroscape.

Old April 10th, 2017, 03:55 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Comic for my son.

Every year for Easter we've been putting comic books (well collected editions) into his basket. The problem is that he's only 9 but a great reader so finding something age appropriate that is still enjoyable has become difficult. He has the full collection of Tiny Titans which he loves and the first two volumes of the Young Justice series that ties into the cartoon. The other volumes seem to be hard to find.

Everything I've found that he'd be interested in seems to be direct reproductions of TV episodes which he doesn't like.

He likes pretty much everything that's been made into a cartoon...

Ultimate Spider-man, Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Wolverine and the X-Men, Justice League, Batman, TMNT...

Any idea's here?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 10th, 2017, 04:05 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Comic for my son.

Unfortunately no. I got into comics a little later in life.

Archie Zombie maybe?

Hoppy would be appropriate for the season.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 10th, 2017, 05:18 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Zita the Spacegirl? I'm not very sure about age-stuff. I know two five-year-olds who love having it read to them and a seven-year-old who enjoys it (I don't know whether he reads it himself as well as listening when others are having it read).
Old April 11th, 2017, 12:25 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

For more younger readers I suggest Lumberjanes, Ms.Marvel, and The unbeatable Squirrel girl. All very well written and the themes aren't intense, and I even love them.

Thats a very hard question now adays as a lot of the medium are geared more toward teens and adult.

Now for more adult Comics I am totally your man!

And Btw, if he loves Marvel things...Marvel Unlimited is an absolutely steal for reading on tablets. You get so many books for a very cheap monthly fee and usually they give you 30 days free if you sign up for emails. They will send a code.

I prefer buying for my collection and reading on actual paper but Marvel tends to run higher in price for Trade Paperbacks.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old April 11th, 2017, 08:10 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Bone.
Old April 11th, 2017, 12:06 PM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The current run of Incredible Hulk which is titled Totally Awesome Hulk. It's definitely a lighter comic that centers around the newest Hulk and his sister, both teens, and their adventures. Plenty of smash 'em up action, but also about him learning to control his powers. It's on issue #17 or so right now so there should be some trades out there and single issues shouldn't be that hard to find.

Also a great series that is a couple of years old now but should be available in a trade paperback would be Imagine Agents by Boom Studios(I think it was Boom). Think Men in Black meets Monsters, Inc. Very enjoyable.

Raider30
Old March 8th, 2018, 04:37 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

@Spidey'tilIDie and anyothers...

I haven't read anything form Marvel's Ultimate period but my son was asking about Ultimate Spider-Man...not the one based on the cartoon but the original Vol. 1.

I can get the first 4 volumes of the Trades from my library which takes him to about issue 24 or so I think. For those of you that have read them could you give me a run down on age appropriateness. He's almost 11 and he's seen all the Marvel Movies but Dr. Strange though he's only allowed to watch them with us. I let my wife decide things like this as I tend to be more allowing than she is...and she's probably right here.

He will be reading these with me if that helps. I just don't want him to get excited and a few issues in I have to tell him, no.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 8th, 2018, 05:37 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

To my recollection, the idea was a return to the high school wholesomeness with more modern background. So Peter doesn't wear glasses or dress like a Nerd, there is a bully (Kong, I think was his name) and MJ was not a model but literally the girl next door. I don't know how your wife feels about things like cloning, but I that is the most risque thing that I remember happening in Ultimate Spider-Man. The barrier breaking things that happened in Ultimates did not carry over to Ultimate Spidey. If nothing else, take them one at a time and tell him, "I'll see if they have the next one," when you finish the first. Heck, read it for yourself, it was a great read and EVERY issue seemed too short, as I recall.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old March 8th, 2018, 06:23 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, I don't think Ultimate Spider-Man ever gets too adult.

There is violence, and the occasional character death. I can think of a couple moments in the whole run where adult relationships are alluded to, but nothing really explicit - it's implied that Wolverine made some moves on Mary Jane at one point (there's a significant age difference, but Ultimate Wolverine is a creep) - but the specifics are kept pretty oblique.

I think if the Marvel movies are okay, Ultimate Spidey should be okay for him as well. It has been a while since I read it, though.

Just be advised that like Spidey says, the other Ultimate books tend to be a lot less kid-friendly. Ultimates in particular was written by Mark Millar at his most unnecessarily 'edgy'. So if he gets curious about characters from another book showing up, that other book might be a no-go zone.
Old March 8th, 2018, 06:55 PM
A Man of Taste

Thanks guys...I actually remember reading some of the X-men stuff back then so I know it's too far for him but I had read that Spidey was less edgy and I figured you guys would have an insight.

Old March 8th, 2018, 07:02 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Maybe something like Transformers?
Old March 9th, 2018, 08:25 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I'd recommend the Batman Adventures series based on the '90s animated series. A great all-ages comic, the best Batman comics being published at that time, and arguably the best since. (They're not adaptations of the episodes, so no worries there.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Comics