Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Notices

Old December 23rd, 2018, 01:00 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Index of 3D Printed Stl Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxcowboy View Post
Just got an Ender 3 myself. Can't wait to try something simple like the lamp posts first. Then I'll advance to the big stuff like the glaciers. But, I was curious about the figures. There are some scans on here of figures, but when viewed in a model viewer they seem quite ... "blobby." Even though they are supposed to be high res scans, is that really what the figures look like without the paint?
The better term is "higher resolution".

All of the models were made from photographs input into the 123D Catch program from Autodesk that uses the photos to create a 3D .obj model. The "higher resolution" models are the direct output from 123D Catch. The lower resolution models were decimated (reduced polygon count) to make them load faster in Hexscape.

123D Catch has been discontinued, and all of our project files (and the photographs) have been deleted. We only have the original scans that I saved on my home computer.

Zephyr 3DF works similarly to 123D Catch with photographs, but it accepts higher resolution photographs, so I may try to recapture some figures and see if the resolution of the final models is any better.
Old December 24th, 2018, 01:22 PM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Zephyr 3DF works similarly to 123D Catch with photographs, but it accepts higher resolution photographs, so I may try to recapture some figures and see if the resolution of the final models is any better.
If the resolution is any better, let me know. I don’t have many figures to take new pictures, but I’ll gladly download the app and help with any grunt work. Shoot me some images and I’ll help scan, anything like that.
Old December 28th, 2018, 09:06 AM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I recently been updating my classic and road hexes based on inputs from others. (Note that they are a little tight on my printer, but they seem to work well for others.) Also added textures:

Classic single hex

Classic double hex

Classic 3 hex

Classic 4 hex

Classic 7 hex

Classic 24 hex

Road single hex

Road double hex

Road 3 hex

Road 4 hex

Road 5 hex straight

Road 7 hex

Bridge half

@Yodaking , can you add these to the OP?
These look awesome and are just what I have been looking for! The previous ones I found were all scaled wonky.

What orientation have you been printing these in? And have you been using supports?

I am considering merging these with other 3d objects to print on tile objects.
Old December 28th, 2018, 12:08 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmeeple View Post
Quote:
I recently been updating my classic and road hexes based on inputs from others. (Note that they are a little tight on my printer, but they seem to work well for others.) Also added textures:

Classic single hex

Classic double hex

Classic 3 hex

Classic 4 hex

Classic 7 hex

Classic 24 hex

Road single hex

Road double hex

Road 3 hex

Road 4 hex

Road 5 hex straight

Road 7 hex

Bridge half

@Yodaking , can you add these to the OP?
These look awesome and are just what I have been looking for! The previous ones I found were all scaled wonky.

What orientation have you been printing these in? And have you been using supports?

I am considering merging these with other 3d objects to print on tile objects.
I haven't printed any myself, but the guy I made them for printed at least some of them upside down.
Old December 31st, 2018, 11:09 AM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I haven't printed these specifically, but in general if you print right-side up you'll get better results with the surface texture on the top of the tiles; however, you'll also have a whole mess of supports underneath to remove. Upside-down saves you the supports and plastic, but the surface texture may be uneven.

So it's a trade-off.
Old December 31st, 2018, 12:19 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstree View Post
I haven't printed these specifically, but in general if you print right-side up you'll get better results with the surface texture on the top of the tiles; however, you'll also have a whole mess of supports underneath to remove. Upside-down saves you the supports and plastic, but the surface texture may be uneven.

So it's a trade-off.
I agree. for them just being tiles for terrain, I generally print them upside down. Removing supports is my least favorite thing to do on models. If you can print without supports or there is a model that can be printed without supports, its the way to go. Also saves filament.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 9th, 2019, 03:13 PM

Moto-dragon is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Hello,
Very nice designs. I just printed the 1 & 3 hex glaciers and they turned out good.
I have an issue with the bridge wall... when I open it in the slicer it opens 7mm (0.27inch) long...that is a little bit...ant-man size
Anyone else had this issue?
I am reading thru the pages of this thread but all links I download are the same.
THX
Old February 10th, 2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-dragon View Post
Hello,
Very nice designs. I just printed the 1 & 3 hex glaciers and they turned out good.
I have an issue with the bridge wall... when I open it in the slicer it opens 7mm (0.27inch) long...that is a little bit...ant-man size
Anyone else had this issue?
I am reading thru the pages of this thread but all links I download are the same.
THX
It's in inches, so it's 7 inches long. Scale by 25.4 to make it print right.
Old February 12th, 2019, 10:43 AM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm not 100% sure about this, but it seems like each program just saves its files in its own default "units", but what constitutes a "unit" can change from program. So a 7" object designed in a program that uses inches by default is saved as 7 units long, but when that file is opened in a program that uses mm by default it interprets it to be only 7 mm long.
Old February 12th, 2019, 12:12 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstree View Post
I'm not 100% sure about this, but it seems like each program just saves its files in its own default "units", but what constitutes a "unit" can change from program. So a 7" object designed in a program that uses inches by default is saved as 7 units long, but when that file is opened in a program that uses mm by default it interprets it to be only 7 mm long.
I agree. Ive had to scale the models up by 2540%. They are perfect and fit perfectly that way.

Old February 13th, 2019, 03:41 PM

(moved to figure thread)

Last edited by White Knight; February 14th, 2019 at 09:03 PM.
Old February 13th, 2019, 03:46 PM
"like" happy

Those are beautiful WK. You should link it to the facebook page. You'll get takers in droves. Great job.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing