Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape
Battlefields of Star Wars Scape HoSS Maps and Scenarios

Notices

Old July 23rd, 2015, 08:40 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Design Holocron of Bespin Carbon Freeze Chamber

I took the map down today to put up something else but I have been thinking more about the battlements. I'm a bit concerned that if their were no battlements on the top platform, any figure with force push & a ranged attack would be able to dominate that position. Every time some one climbed the steps to challenge them they would just get force pushed off and have to restart the climb up all over again.
Old July 24th, 2015, 12:08 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Yodaking , good point on the force users. Maybe I will remove some of the battlements, not all of them. Any more thoughts on the road bonus. I'm debating that one heavily. Also thinking about putting in a ladder to the platform on the back side. Another idea would be to have some of the castle walls placed for cover on the stretch down low on the back to avoid fire from the top of platform so figures can hide from the guys shooting up top. I'm going to tweak this map a bit more. I'm finally getting a weekend off. Can't remember my last weekend off.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 24th, 2015, 12:34 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

A ladder or two up the back side would give you a quicker way to the top when down in the shadow area.
Old July 24th, 2015, 03:18 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I may be revamping it a little.

Old July 27th, 2015, 10:37 AM
"like" happy

I played a match on my most recent alteration. I actually played it Battlefront style. All the glyph locations became desirable and were at one point landed on by some figures to get more reinforcements. It was super fun. I added two ladders up the back sides on the platform, moved out some of the walls to better cover the figures from high ground as the took to the low road way. I'm still debating about use of the road bonus, we played road bonus on dungeon and road tile only. (I had venoc vipers with mittens) on road tile, thats 12 move. Still, really fun. I'll post the lastest version of the map when I get off work.

Old August 17th, 2015, 08:19 PM
"like" happy

I think I got this one where I want it, I will post the latest version up by tomorrow if I can. I'm going to have to take it down for a little while, Its been on my game table for a couple of months now. My wife wants that table for a little project.

Old August 31st, 2015, 10:47 PM
"like" happy

Ok guys, here is the latest version of this map. Changes include:
-some terrain adjustments at the startzones to have LOS blockers from the top middle height.
-Added in some shadow tile in the two void spaces on the sides.
-Took away the two water spaces.(Didn't really add to the map.)
-moved the rock out crop shadow spaces to the void spaces and put only shadow tile regular tile on top of the tiles under the platform for stability issues.
-Added two access points to the upper platform for better gameplay and accessibility.
-scooted two of the control glyphs over with the terrain they were on respectively.
Here's a new version of this map in Virtualscape in the link
Bespin Freeze Chamber 1.6

Old September 1st, 2015, 12:13 AM
C3G Landlord

Looks pretty good. How do the ladders hold up with only the one shadow tile connection at the bottom and then one hex at top? How easy is it to move figures under the platform with those ladders there? I noticed there is a battlement located halfway up two of the outside support pillars for the platform. Was that intentional and does it actually fit there in real life, or is that something that was just left over from a previous version?

I also see that you have ladder pieces on every level, when you only need to have them on every other level. Each ladder section is actually two tiles tall.

Last edited by Yodaking; September 1st, 2015 at 12:43 AM.
Old September 1st, 2015, 11:07 AM
"like" happy

Thanks for looking it over @Yodaking, it seems like no one really bothers with the Boss maps anymore. The ladders are pretty stable, and It is tons better for moving figures around under the platform.(thanks to the ladder trick). The battlement is intentional, there is one on the other side too. It can fit quite easily and just adds a little pizaz is all. I think it makes it just a little more space age looking. Cool thing about the ladders, I'll adjust the file, didn't know they needed to be every other level. The only thing I'm worried about at this point is the map takes a minute to build in comparison with some of the others. It is a little more complex, but maybe the other castle maps are as well. I'm getting closer to a play testing version of the BOSS Battlefront scenario. We'll have to discuss it further in that thread.

Old September 1st, 2015, 11:29 AM
C3G Landlord

There is very little activity or discussion in the C3G map department compared to the rest of C3G, so I'm not at all surprised by the low foot traffic in BoSS. As long as we keep turning out SW themed maps every once in a while we will be adding a valuable addition to the HoSS experience.
Old September 1st, 2015, 01:38 PM
"like" happy

Fair enough I suppose, with all the bov maps out there, there is less of a demand. I'm going to post a list of possible maps I could think of with what we have to work with in the brainstorming thread.

Old September 1st, 2015, 02:56 PM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!

Unfortunately I only have Master Sets 1 and 2 (and custom jungle) and can't open VS files on my phone, so I don't get much time to look at these, however I do care about BoSS and agree that things are moving very slowly. Can we start allowing LDs to have more than one design? Or at least be allowed to start a second one once the first reaches PT? The process really bottlenecks at playtesting and TREX has already demonstrated with Swamps and Generator Ruins that someone can effectively LD two maps. The BoSS department is outputting maps very slowly and cannot keep up with the Episodes.

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and you will receive eternal life."
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.
My Customs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape