Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Comics
Comics Not Heroscape or Marvel Heroscape.

Old May 9th, 2013, 12:48 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Re: Comics: what are you currently reading?

I have always loved the deadpool comics, also the classic spiderman's.
Old May 9th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Having never read any Spidey comics, if I were to pick up a graphic novel here or there for some side reading, any recommendations on where to start?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 9th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Having never read any Spidey comics, if I were to pick up a graphic novel here or there for some side reading, any recommendations on where to start?
Marvel Essentials: The Amazing Spider-Man Volumes

I'm currently reading Volume 7, as that was the earliest version I could get.

$20.
Old May 9th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Good suggestion, thanks!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 9th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Good suggestion, thanks!
Note: They are all in black and white. But you get about 25 comics in a volume for a great price!
Old May 10th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Last night, I had the chance to read some spider-man comics. One was about Spider-man trying to join the FF and later fighting the Chameleon, and I read one about him finishing up a battle with vulture and then running into someone known as the Tinkerer who was plotting an alien invasion. They looked like some of the early spider-man comics, but they seemed a little short and the dialogue was a little... goofy at times. So I was wondering was I reading some of the original comic plot lines or not?

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...

Last edited by Crixus33; May 11th, 2013 at 09:57 AM. Reason: whoops put trickster instead of tinkerer, it was late and I was tired
Old September 20th, 2013, 08:05 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

You can get many graphic novels at half price or so down the hill from me in DUMBO (the neighborhood), which has one of the last used book stores in NYC, now relocated for the fourth time! (Sigh). So I have finally read Vol. 1 (Issues 1-6) of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen by Alan Moore/Kevin O'Neil. Its the Victorian Justice League of America (no uniforms), which spawned about three other series and the movie of the same name. Lots of fun, as it ties in many Victorian pulp heroes from various authors: Captain Nemo, Invisible Man, Alan Quatermain, Mina Harker (Dracula), and Jekyll/Hyde. Not to mention...but that would be telling, old boy.

Hope I can find Vol. II some day, as it includes John Carter of Mars!

Other catchups:

DC: Time Masters (featuring Rip Hunter) originally one of the most obscure series of The Sixties, alone with Cave Carson and Challengers of the Unknown, etc.

DC: The Rann-Thanagar War See my customs Supers thread and C3V for Hawkmen, GL Kyle Rainer, GL Jade, etc.).

DC: Justice Society of America: The Next Age (Thanks to my buddy Sherman Davies, ex-comic store staffer for an updated background on the Justice Society)--the JSA reborn.

Elfquest: The Discovery (Richard and Wendy Pini) A sequel to one of the first independent comics series created in the USA.

Back in the Seventies I worked in a used book store, and they were to be one of the great joys of life. There were dozens all over the city. I like the accessibility of the internet, but its not the same experience at all as discovering things by sorting through old stacks, and meeting all kinds of literary friends there!

Last edited by chas; September 20th, 2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old September 20th, 2013, 12:14 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crixus33 View Post
Last night, I had the chance to read some spider-man comics. One was about Spider-man trying to join the FF and later fighting the Chameleon, and I read one about him finishing up a battle with vulture and then running into someone known as the Tinkerer who was plotting an alien invasion. They looked like some of the early spider-man comics, but they seemed a little short and the dialogue was a little... goofy at times. So I was wondering was I reading some of the original comic plot lines or not?
Yep, those are some of the first issues of Spider-Man. They're pretty hilarious.
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:52 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I am reading Avengers #89 right now. When I hit #100, I'll take a little break from this team and read something else. I'm thinking of several different lines I could read: X-Men for Marvel, Teen Titans for DC (the older ones not the Teen Titans Go comics), and Hell Boy for Dark Horse.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old September 30th, 2013, 09:43 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I'm spending time with works of Alan Moore, which I've only known through movies, none of which he apparently likes--V For Vendetta, Watchmen, and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. The first two volumes of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen--their Victorian Era adventures--are my first foray. I've also purchased all five collected volumes of Promethea, perhaps his most esoteric and self-defining work.
Old September 30th, 2013, 11:20 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Been reading Chaos Comics as of late. Pretty cool stuff. Pretty much every comic in the company is connected, all leading up to some big stuff. Makes me sad they went out of business, I'm really enjoying this! Lady Death and Evil Ernie are just awesome.
Old November 5th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Gonna bump this thread to talk about some new(ish) comics.

Pretty Deadly #1 came out just a couple weeks ago. It's a weird western by Kelly Sue DeConnick, focusing on the daughter of Death and narrated by a butterfly and a dead rabbit. Some nice artwork by Emma Rios which really helps the creepy atmosphere of the book. Good enough for me to buy the next issue when it comes out.

I recently read Lazarus #1, which is a sci-fi series from the very talented duo of Greg Rucka and Michael Lark (back together for the first time since Gotham Central!). An interesting start and I plan to pick up a few more issues soon.

Another #1 from an amazing duo: Sandman: Overture written by Neil Gaiman and illustrated by J.H. Williams III! The original Sandman series is my all time favorite series and my excitement at having Williams drawing Morpheus' world is only surpassed by Gaiman writing the character again. Nedless to say, it was very good.

I'm also gonna take the chance to plug my favorite series at the moment. I know I've mentioned this one many times before, but Saga just continues to impress me. #15 was released last week, and not many writer/artist duos could make a good issue while spending 80% of the time on a young couple arguing about their next step in life, but Vaughan and Staples make it not only sweet and funny, but compelling as well. You (yes, you) should buy this series.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Comics