Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Comics
Comics Not Heroscape or Marvel Heroscape.

Old May 6th, 2013, 12:26 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Comics: what are you currently reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Blackest Night is excellent stuff. That and Sinestro War is the best of the bunch when it comes to GL stuff, IMO.

Brightest Day is completely missable, though. Don't let the end of Blackest Night convince you otherwise.
I've never read anything GL but the characters do have me curious with all the c3g designs and my son watching the cartoon...what would be a good place to start.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 6th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

2000AD. Zombo. Super polite Zombie-hybrid who loves to eat face.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 6th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Blackest Night is excellent stuff. That and Sinestro War is the best of the bunch when it comes to GL stuff, IMO.

Brightest Day is completely missable, though. Don't let the end of Blackest Night convince you otherwise.
I've never read anything GL but the characters do have me curious with all the c3g designs and my son watching the cartoon...what would be a good place to start.
It's pre-New 52, but as I understand it most of the GL stuff carried over, so I'd start with the graphic novels and pick up Green Lantern: No Fear by Geoff Johns, which I believe collects the start of his run.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 6th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Picked up Secret Avengers for cheap on Free Comic Book Day and man is it good. Tremendous cast, great art, fun stories - gonna have to pick up the next few volumes ASAP.
Old May 7th, 2013, 12:08 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I read 8 or 9 issues of the Scarlet Spider, where he is in Huston. I liked the character itself quite a bit, but the comic overall was a little weak.
Yeah, the character is awesome, but I've already started to lose interest in the plot. The Minimum Carnage storyline was awful, and now they're bringing back the Other, which confused the crap out of me the first time around, so I wasn't keen on it coming back.
Old May 7th, 2013, 02:12 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Thanks to all this newfangled Iphone comic reader wizardry, I've started actively keeping up with comics to a degree. Though I don't read any of the traditional Superhero stuff. The constant retconing and Universe changing punches and what not really keep me away from superhero comics, I just wait for the cartoon adaptations that cut out most of that silliness.

I mostly read Transformer comics, particularly More than Meets the Eye (one of the two current ongoings) which is an awesome comic and lets a lot of Transformers get some limelight after 20 plus years of being background characters at best. I also read the Robots in Disguise (the other current ongoing) on occasion. Just to keep up with current TF universe though, I don’t particularly like the comic and it’s nowhere near is good as MtMtE in my opinion. I read the spotlight issues (one-offs that ‘spotlight’ a certain character) when the subject interests me. Also started reading Regeneration 1, which is a continuation of the original Marvel comic from the 80s.

Outside of Transformers, I read Atomic Robo (the zany adventures of a robot through World War 2 and beyond) and Chew (about a detective that gets psychic visions from what he eats, it’s more bizarre than it sounds). I'm not even close to current on either, but I download the collections and such every now and again. I thought the ‘free comic book day’ (2009) issue of Atomic Robo was particularly fun, also it was free.

Lately I've been trying to read comic tie-ins to cartoons I watched as well (mostly the BtAS comic), pretty much just to satisfy my completest nature.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old May 7th, 2013, 09:23 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I've heard good things about Chew. It's one I might have to check out in collected form at some point.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 7th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
I mostly read Transformer comics, particularly More than Meets the Eye (one of the two current ongoings) which is an awesome comic and lets a lot of Transformers get some limelight after 20 plus years of being background characters at best. I also read the Robots in Disguise (the other current ongoing) on occasion. Just to keep up with current TF universe though, I don’t particularly like the comic and it’s nowhere near is good as MtMtE in my opinion. I read the spotlight issues (one-offs that ‘spotlight’ a certain character) when the subject interests me. Also started reading Regeneration 1, which is a continuation of the original Marvel comic from the 80s.

You know, TF comics also have multiple universes. They follow the path of Marvel more closely since they started as Marvel comics. I do like how Marvel created their universe separation, unlike DC.

~MegaSilver, getting two IDW TF Volumes this Saturday.
Old May 7th, 2013, 10:42 AM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post

You know, TF comics also have multiple universes. They follow the path of Marvel more closely since they started as Marvel comics. I do like how Marvel created their universe separation, unlike DC.

~MegaSilver, getting two IDW TF Volumes this Saturday.
The main reason I like Marvel better than DC is that Marvel doesn't kill a superhero and then say "Wait that was from an alternate universe." Ruins it for me, at least Marvel doesn't do that to my knowledge. Ranting aside I've been reading some of the Teen Titans comics lately.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old May 7th, 2013, 01:24 PM

At Marvel, they're usually just clones that they kill off.

Old May 7th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I've been reading New 52 - Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps and Justice League. Also, Uncanny Avengers is really good.
Old May 7th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:

I don't know how old your son is, but most of the recent GL comics are targeted for a teen audience. There is often murder portrayed. My son is a bit too young for this content so he's been reading the GL comic series based on the Cartoon Network cartoon. It only ran for 10 issues or so, but it really enjoyed it and it was age appropriate.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Comics