Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Comics
Comics Not Heroscape or Marvel Heroscape.

Old July 11th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Walking Dead

IMO, just stop at #48, #49 and #50, it will only make you sad. It's like they have a differnet direction, mood, writer, I don't know what. The story just isn't and hasn't been the same for the last few issues.

It's beginning to make me feel really sad, because 1-47 are some of the best comic readings I have ever experienced.

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old July 11th, 2008, 12:57 PM

DarkBladeCB is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdgrant View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBladeCB View Post
Man. I just picked up #8 like last week. I wanted to cry. WHY DO SUCH HORRIBLE THINGS KEEP HAPPENING IN THIS BOOK!?
Which issue does #8 end with? I read monthly, so don't buy the trades, and was just wondering where you were at in the story.
It goes through #48. And I know what terrible things are about to happen in #49, too (which annoyed me... I didn't WANT to know).

"Comics are a wellspring of imagination; comics can tell stories cheaply that other mediums cannot express. Today it costs $100 million to do special effects on film in 'Fantastic Four' that Jack Kirby could create 40 years ago with a pencil."
-Grant Morrison, at the New Yorker Festival
Old July 11th, 2008, 02:24 PM

wdgrant knows what's in an order marker wdgrant knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt View Post
IMO, just stop at #48, #49 and #50, it will only make you sad. It's like they have a differnet direction, mood, writer, I don't know what. The story just isn't and hasn't been the same for the last few issues.

It's beginning to make me feel really sad, because 1-47 are some of the best comic readings I have ever experienced.
I think you should give it more time. If you think 1-47 truly are great, then have little trust in Kirkman to continue. Even if you don't like it now, realize, this is likely a transition period. I like the fact that things are a little different. In real life, when bad things happen, people are changed. If everything just stayed the same, that would get boring and be very unrealistic to me.

Sorry if I sound preachy, or bossy. Do what you like, but I totally agree with you, and I'll give it some more time. I was very turned off when Tony Moore left for Charlie Adlard, but stuck it out, and now enjoy his art very much.
Old September 22nd, 2008, 02:58 PM
PinkGuy

serpentor is surprisingly tart

I have Walking dead 1-4. I'm addicted to them, I just really wish my Mom would let me get a job(So I can buy the rest), she said she would get the rest of them for me for Christamas(which I am very thankful for), but I don't know if I can wait that long! I think it's very entertaining, sometimes, it legitly scares me, Robert Kirkman really captures your imagination with his writing, it's just so real. If there ever was a zombie apoclypse, this is exactly how I imagaine it...
Old September 22nd, 2008, 04:50 PM

Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby!

I hear that those books are a good read, especially if you're into the whole zombie thing. Can I get them at any comic store, or is there a specific place I need to go get them.?
Old September 24th, 2008, 01:56 PM
PinkGuy

serpentor is surprisingly tart

They sell them at all three of the local comic stores in my area... I'm not sure about others though...
Old September 24th, 2008, 02:05 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

I just finished #8(TPB) a couple days ago, and damn...the ending left me speechless. TWD is my favorite read out there.

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old September 26th, 2008, 12:58 PM

Ted_Danson is surprisingly tart

I was able to talk to Kirkman this summer, and he said the book only gets more depressing. Vol 9 due out in January.

Huggable Zombie, KingArthur1976, Utgarsrage, and Scapegeek are all great traders.
Old September 30th, 2008, 09:52 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

My friend recommended this to me. I've read 2 issues so far. They weren't depressing yet. The starting was reminiscent of 28 Days Later but less depressing.

I'll read on.

Old September 30th, 2008, 12:09 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly-Caco View Post
My friend recommended this to me. I've read 2 issues so far. They weren't depressing yet. The starting was reminiscent of 28 Days Later but less depressing.

I'll read on.
Are you reading the trades or single issues?

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old November 9th, 2008, 05:31 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by outforblood View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly-Caco View Post

I'll read on.
Are you reading the trades or single issues?
I just finished reading all 50 issues. Man I had a bad week at work and on the weekend I read the last 10 issues...freakin depressing . Freakin living hell. #48 and #49 are just too damn sad. Are there more to come?

Old May 3rd, 2009, 01:33 AM

Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker

Just throwing in a "me too."

I read TPB 1 today and am champing at the bit to get more in the series. The back cover copy and the introduction have me intrigued about one particular angle: both emphasize how the zombies can be taken as a metaphor for our materialism and mindless consumption; does that pop up more later in the series? (No details, please; just a "yes" or a "no" is fine with me).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Comics