Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Comics
Comics Not Heroscape or Marvel Heroscape.

Old June 4th, 2008, 10:15 AM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!
The Walking Dead

Anybody here reading this fine piece of zombie drama? I just picked up vol. 1-3 (trade paperback) and I cannot put it down. The great thing about this comic is that it's not all gore all the time, there's good character development with a good ongoing story. I hear vol. 8 is coming out soon too. here's the link to the publisher if anybody's interested:http://www.imagecomics.com/

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old June 4th, 2008, 10:52 AM

Ted_Danson is surprisingly tart
Re: The Walking Dead

This is an amazing series, everyone should pick these books up!

My only problem with it is that I didn't read it until 5 trade paperbacks were out, I read it all in under 30 hours, and just wanted more!

I'm waiting for the 8th volume right now.

Huggable Zombie, KingArthur1976, Utgarsrage, and Scapegeek are all great traders.
Old June 4th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Danson View Post
This is an amazing series, everyone should pick these books up!

My only problem with it is that I didn't read it until 5 trade paperbacks were out, I read it all in under 30 hours, and just wanted more!

I'm waiting for the 8th volume right now.
Me too. I bought volumes 1-4 from Annerios and read them real-quick in two nights.
I need to go back and revisit them and acquire the other volumes.
Are they up to volume 8 now?!?
Old June 4th, 2008, 12:05 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah, I'm a fan...

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old June 4th, 2008, 12:53 PM

DarkBladeCB is surprisingly tart

I have read all the TPBs in existence. If I didn't spend so much money on Heroscape these days, I'd be tempted to convert to the gorgeous hardcovers (I cannot resist the lure of the HC =( ). Great book. I love Robert Kirkman and company a lot.

"Comics are a wellspring of imagination; comics can tell stories cheaply that other mediums cannot express. Today it costs $100 million to do special effects on film in 'Fantastic Four' that Jack Kirby could create 40 years ago with a pencil."
-Grant Morrison, at the New Yorker Festival
Old June 4th, 2008, 03:26 PM

Location: Kansas City metro area (Grain Valley, Blue Springs)
paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker

I've been on a Zombie kick lately (thanks to Last night on earth), so I just ordered vol.1-2. Thanks for the suggestion!

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old June 4th, 2008, 04:05 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker

Quite a journey. While reading an issue I find myself very immersed in the story.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old June 4th, 2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox22 View Post
I've been on a Zombie kick lately (thanks to Last night on earth), so I just ordered vol.1-2. Thanks for the suggestion!
I just finished vol. 2, and man, I am hooked! You're in for heck of a ride!

SCAPE OR DIE!
Old June 4th, 2008, 10:02 PM

wdgrant knows what's in an order marker wdgrant knows what's in an order marker

This is a great series. I started with issue 1, and have them all. I have been tempted to sell the first few as their price creeps up and up. I have the first trade already, to loan to people and attempt to hook them, so I wouldn't be missing any of the story.

Those of you reading trades, I envy you. You have some story to catch up on, and I have nothing new until the next issue.
Old July 9th, 2008, 12:25 AM

sasukesilvia has disabled reputation

I read all 7 tpbs I get to pick up #8 on Friday right before HellBoy. Great reading I hope the walking dead keeps up for at least 5 more years.
Old July 10th, 2008, 12:53 AM

DarkBladeCB is surprisingly tart

Man. I just picked up #8 like last week. I wanted to cry. WHY DO SUCH HORRIBLE THINGS KEEP HAPPENING IN THIS BOOK!?

"Comics are a wellspring of imagination; comics can tell stories cheaply that other mediums cannot express. Today it costs $100 million to do special effects on film in 'Fantastic Four' that Jack Kirby could create 40 years ago with a pencil."
-Grant Morrison, at the New Yorker Festival
Old July 11th, 2008, 11:30 AM

wdgrant knows what's in an order marker wdgrant knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBladeCB View Post
Man. I just picked up #8 like last week. I wanted to cry. WHY DO SUCH HORRIBLE THINGS KEEP HAPPENING IN THIS BOOK!?
Which issue does #8 end with? I read monthly, so don't buy the trades, and was just wondering where you were at in the story.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Comics