Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old September 18th, 2007, 10:31 AM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob

Old September 18th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentX-127
Quote:

On tombstones!!!???

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 18th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
LOL! Stone tablets similar to those with the 10 Commandments (or 15 Commandments according to Mel Brooks ).

Be Nice=The Law!

Newb.
Old September 18th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I think this should be applied across the board, not just to asking and answering rules questions.

I've noticed the dog-piling around the boards when it comes to pointing out spam and duplicate threads. If someone creates a duplicate thread or creates a thread that is possibly spam, be nice about it. We don't need 10 people all pointing out that a thread is spam or 10 people telling that person to search the boards. Once is enough, if you can be nice about it!

If its a duplicate thread and you want to help, post a link and move on. If you don't want to help, don't post.

If you think something is spam or non-sense don't post in that particular thread, if it is truly spam, it will get locked down eventually. Remember that just because you think its spam doesn't actually make it spam.
Old September 18th, 2007, 11:48 AM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
LOL! Stone tablets similar to those with the 10 Commandments (or 15 Commandments according to Mel Brooks ).

Be Nice=The Law!

Newb.
Correct.

Also see The Golden Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
I think this should be applied across the board, not just to asking and answering rules questions.
Agree!
Old September 18th, 2007, 12:01 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
For some reason all I can think of is Sir Mixalot.
Old September 18th, 2007, 01:04 PM

Teal'c has disabled reputation
Well, being a newbie to this forum myself (but not a newbie to being a member of a forum), I have to agree with GB, and wholeheartedly disagree with rdhight. The reason GB is reprimanding the users who pile on (instead of the newbies), is that the newbies don't know any better, when asking the question! They are new to the forum, and being rude at that point will just inflame them, or cause them to leave. Veterans, however, do know better, and should also know better about proper behavior towards others on the forum, so that's why GB is asking ppl to be civil.

In reading this whole thread, one thing I found shocking is Cavalier's response to the newbie's question (about counterstrike). Personally, I found his response much more rude than bloody's, since he just posted army card pics and said "figure it out" (he even implied that the newbie was an idiot a couple of posts later). What really ticked me, though, is that his custom tagline says "Trainer of N00bs"?!?! If he is a trainer of newbies here, and is being a jerk, why would anyone stay here? If I was treated like that for the first question here, I would have reported him to an admin, and probably left the site permanently.

Anyways, thank you GB for this reminder. It's encouraging that someone is trying to keep this forum friendly, so let's try our best to do so! It's really not that hard!

"In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you."

RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAH!!!
Old September 18th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Works for me. Anyone over 200 posts is fair game? Cool! Time to go bait Malachi!

~Aldin, thinking some sort of Irish joke might work....

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old September 18th, 2007, 01:19 PM
I got your favorite member right here

Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker Fezzikthedoor knows what's in an order marker
So should I bite my tounge when a member who will remain unnamed puts up his 12th poll about how many DW9Ks are the best to have in a single 1000 point army or can I still make snide comments once he (the offending spaz unable to differentiate between the "c" and the "k" in the word "cool") has been told--politely, of course--by others that he needs to get back on the sugar pills (Ritalin, that is) and stop cluttering the boards with mindless, repetative tripe?

I try to be nice, I really do, and I usually succeed...but sometimes...

You are the brute squad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh finally
And go Flock yourself.
Old September 18th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal'c
Well, being a newbie to this forum myself (but not a newbie to being a member of a forum), I have to agree with GB, and wholeheartedly disagree with rdhight. The reason GB is reprimanding the users who pile on (instead of the newbies), is that the newbies don't know any better, when asking the question! They are new to the forum, and being rude at that point will just inflame them, or cause them to leave. Veterans, however, do know better, and should also know better about proper behavior towards others on the forum, so that's why GB is asking ppl to be civil.

In reading this whole thread, one thing I found shocking is Cavalier's response to the newbie's question (about counterstrike). Personally, I found his response much more rude than bloody's, since he just posted army card pics and said "figure it out" (he even implied that the newbie was an idiot a couple of posts later). What really ticked me, though, is that his custom tagline says "Trainer of N00bs"?!?! If he is a trainer of newbies here, and is being a jerk, why would anyone stay here? If I was treated like that for the first question here, I would have reported him to an admin, and probably left the site permanently.

Anyways, thank you GB for this reminder. It's encouraging that someone is trying to keep this forum friendly, so let's try our best to do so! It's really not that hard!
There are a lot of inside jokes and much familiarity here that happens in any group dynamic over the course of any long period of time. Cav is an excellent member of good standing and has contributed so much to our community. His "persona" as a noob hater is an old and ongoing joke. There in lies one of the problems. When we know somebody is being silly, others might not. I admonished Bloody, because I don't want 50 folks acting like Cavalier clones. Cavalier is adult enough to know when he has stepped over certain boundaries and the existence of this thread is proof that we are not wanting to give an unfriendly vibe here. Thanks for your post Tealc! Insightful.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 18th, 2007, 01:28 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Thanks for your post Tealc! Insightful.
You're just saying that so he won't tear your spongy arms off. :P

Seriously, though, I agree things have gotten a little out of hand lately. This site seems to go through cycles of this. What seems to be worse this time is that not only are the veteran members tired of seeing the same questions, but newbies are getting on each other about it! While it's great that some of them (seem to) know what they're talking about, it doesn't help the situation at all.

I know I can be guilty of a little rudeness toward newbies who ask "stupid" questions, I can admit that, and I will try especially hard not to. I've also seen some of our "better" members post very rude comments and thought about calling them out on it. Stay away from the mob mentality, people! Some of this, as you say, may be because of inside jokes with long-standing members, but everyone needs to think before they post because newbies don't know about any of that.

If I see silly questions in the future, I plan on posting something along the lines of:
"[the answer]. Note that this is clearly stated in the rulebook [or other source]. Three places you should always check before asking questions (unless truly stumped or in desperate need of an answer) are the rulebook/card(s) in question, the FAQ, and the Books [with appropriate links]. You'll have a much better chance of avoiding these

Hope that helps."

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 18th, 2007, 01:34 PM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbistro
Quote:
For some reason all I can think of is Sir Mixalot.

=

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's