Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Comics
Comics Not Heroscape or Marvel Heroscape.

Old March 9th, 2018, 02:54 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Comic for my son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
I'd recommend the Batman Adventures series based on the '90s animated series. A great all-ages comic, the best Batman comics being published at that time, and arguably the best since. (They're not adaptations of the episodes, so no worries there.)
Yeah those are great. We already own several of the Batman Adventures and a few of the similar but not as great Superman adventures in Trades and he enjoyed all of them. That was what he started reading after he finished the entire collection of Tiny Titans. Tiny Titans is the only series he owns the entire Trade collection of. It was our go to purchase on Free Comic Book Day for a few years. He still enjoys reading those.

The Marvel Adventures line are in the same tone though they seem to be a little bland when he wants me to read with him. I started reading the Marvel Adventures Spider-Man with him recently and that's why I asked about the Ultimate Spider-Man comics since I wasn't enjoying the Adventures one.

Tricky finding something appropriate for him but enjoyable for me.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 9th, 2018, 06:06 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

In that case, I'd suggest Thor: The Mighty Avenger or, for a non-superhero book, Mouse Guard.
Old July 27th, 2019, 11:58 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Recently I picked up a few of the Marvel Masterworks books. They reprint old issues (about 10 or so per book I think). I figured these would be safer for my son. I worried they'd be too dated and he wouldn't like them but I got several for a great deal. Essentially the beginning of all the main Marvel books from the 60s. Surprisingly he's really enjoying them. He claims Iron Man is his favorite and I imagine it's more that he hasn't known a lot about Iron Man where Spider-Man has been retold so many times that he pretty much knew what to expect most of the way. He also has X-Men, Hulk, and F4 but he's sort of riding the Iron Man train the distance now. He's sampled all of them so I'll see what he follows it up with.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Comics