Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old July 16th, 2016, 05:21 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
if you can't go to GenCon - a game from there

Hey All,

So I am heading back to GC, and as always am very excited, if you can not go to play heroscape I feel sorry for you, so here is the deal, I will buy a game from there or get a promo if that is what your heart desires.

1 Game - up to $50 can be spent, I will also pay shipping in the Continental USA,

If it is a only a few per day game I can not promise anything , but will try.

OK to enter

1 - tell me what at GenCon besides heroscape interests you the most.

2. list 3 games in order of desire

that is it, I will pick one at random using dice of all things, the day before GenCon, so the 3rd of Aug., it is on, Good luck, and again sorry you can not be there in person.

Hendal

You can not enter if you are going to GenCon, thanks

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old July 18th, 2016, 08:22 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: if you can't go to GenCon - a game from there

Is this a contest or something?

Wow, that is very generous of you Hendal!

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Last edited by keglo; July 19th, 2016 at 06:12 AM.
Old July 18th, 2016, 09:30 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Regardless of if it qualifies as a contest or not, it's good to go by me. @Hendal is a great guy to get you a game from a Gen Con that you can't be at. I speak from experience.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old July 27th, 2016, 12:16 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would count it as a contest, unless no one signs up, then it is just extra spending $ for me at GC

Old July 27th, 2016, 12:41 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Best thing about GenCon is the people. I had the opportunity to go only once, but meeting face to face (for the first time) people like GB, Revdyer, Skynight, Ninthdoc, Mathias, R˙chean, Bunjee, Truth, Jim and more was awesome. Much like this community, it is the people.

Of course, the costumes, vendors, True Dungeon, and all that are awesome, too.

Games:
1. Star Trek: Frontiers
2. Seafall
3. Legends of Andor

Because Hendal is awesome
Old July 27th, 2016, 01:20 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

I have never been to a GenCon and will most likely never get the opportunity. I imagine it's a blast though.

1. Malifaux
2. Cry Havoc
3. Scythe

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Last edited by keglo; August 2nd, 2016 at 07:28 AM.
Old July 27th, 2016, 02:21 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Good luck to the participants.

Check out videos on youtube to get a little of the GC experience.

Try to make it at least once and sooner than latter as it just keeps getting bigger.

I believe this year is my 30th anniversary of my first GC so I can offer advice on how to go on budget.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 27th, 2016, 08:47 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

wow 30 years, awesome, my first one was in 1980, but then I skipped them all till I started playing heroscape

Old July 28th, 2016, 07:39 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I missed a around a half dozen since then but have been to all of them in Indy.

1980 has me beat by quite a few years.
Was it still in Lake Geneva?

- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 28th, 2016, 09:08 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Madison, I was 13 and my buddy 14, my rich friends parent drove us from Ohio, dropped us off at a cheap hotel far away and gave us taxi money, it was the best thing ever, total freedom, I think times where different back then, and I was already running food stands at fairs completely on my own for 3 days at a time

Old July 28th, 2016, 10:50 AM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker

This is pretty awesome of you. Thank you for even offering this. I went to Geekway this year (which was amazing) and now I have the itch to go to one of the three premiere Board game cons next year. This'll be my last one watching from the sidelines.

1) The thing I am most disappointed about missing is the Arcadia Quest competitive mode. They're supposed to be demoing their first foray into AQ Organized Play. I've drank the CMoN kool-aid and will likely buy anything they put out in the AQ Universe. Once these rules are released, I'll hopefully be running/attending these in St. Louis.

2) Board Games I'd be buying if I was there:
- Scythe - I really regret missing out on this Kickstarter. Jayme is a local guy and I wish I would have supported him (and gotten an amazing game in return) Fixed this problem. Arriving tomorrow
- Cry Havoc - Vassel's early pick for Game of the Year is all the praise I need. Any man whos favorite game of all time is Heroscape is a man I'd believe.
- Seafall - 4x and Daviau? Everything this man does is gold.

Last edited by SpriteMichaeler; August 2nd, 2016 at 02:19 PM.
Old July 28th, 2016, 10:51 AM

Wow, yeah I went with my friends parents the first couple years.

Yeah, no way you could get away with that nowadays. Parents would be arrested for neglect.

- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion