Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old May 27th, 2020, 11:26 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Best To Worst Star Wars Movie By Ranking Individual Chap

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
But Ben just isn't the most interesting character in the sequels, which hurts it.
If Kylo Ren isn't the most interesting character in the sequels, then who is? MaRey Sue? Escaped child soldier turned bumbling comic relief (poor John Boyega, what a waste of a great concept)? General completely-different-character-in-each-film Hux?
Nobody. That's why it sucks.
I think they tried to manage a few too many characters to really let the new ones blossom fully. Rose was probably my favorite, but she got short shrift.
Too many characters yes. Additionally, I just really despised how everyone on the Rebel side were best buddies from the first moment they met. OMG did that feel "Forced". Maybe that's why the first sequel was called The Force Awakens, because the fakey, forced relationships had awoken.

I also liked Rose. But otherwise, I didn't care about any of the new characters. I didn't care about Luke but I did care about Han, Leia and Chewy. As Han and Leia could be any parents IRL losing their child to addiction or some other tragic situation. But I just couldn't feel bad for Kylo. Probably because I didn't see him struggle. He was just a murderering bastard, and I don't consider that last little bit he did as redemption.

And the knight of Ren? Seriously? I have heard that term before but know nothing about them. And even after seeing them in the movie, I still don't know anything about them, other that they looked like a bunch of dorks in bad wannabe Vader costumes.

Why does Rey need to turn around and run from Kylo's fighter? Just so she can make that fancy moveto flip over backwards and cut the wing off? She could have just stood there and done that.

Funny how everybody and their brother /sister can fly/drive or sail any kind of land, air, space and water vehicle like a pro. Ugh!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 28th, 2020, 01:34 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I picked up the blue ray of rise of skywalker. First time I watched it. I have been trying to enjoy the new films as I have really been enjoying making things for and playing star wars legion. The issues I had problems with the most were the brand new force powers that "none" of the old masters had. Teleporting objects across space and time was a bit much. Even for force users. If anything, it really makes me appreciate the movies that came before that had better story lines, more interesting characters, and fun to watch fight scenes. Im glad they are still making star wars content. They should dial back the mary sue awesomeness and get back to intetesting story telling. I know they are capable. I cant wait for more mandalorian.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 28th, 2020, 09:11 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
And the knight of Ren? Seriously? I have heard that term before but know nothing about them. And even after seeing them in the movie, I still don't know anything about them, other that they looked like a bunch of dorks in bad wannabe Vader costumes.
One of my issues with TFW. They kept name dropping all this awesome stuff, expecting to deal with it in the future. Not realizing that you only have so much room in a movie to explain things. They were completely unnecessary and only showed up in Skywalker because people kept asking what they were. They were no different than stormtroopers.

Of course there was eventually a comic book that explained a bit of who they are, but comics should be supplemental material that you don't NEED to read to get the full story. The Phasma book was really good. You didn't need to know any of that information for the films so it worked fine. The Knights were just mooks. (Well, Phasma was also a mook that was completely unnecessary, but my point about the expanded universe still stands )
Old May 28th, 2020, 09:24 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
One of my issues with TFW. They kept name dropping all this awesome stuff, expecting to deal with it in the future. Not realizing that you only have so much room in a movie to explain things. They were completely unnecessary and only showed up in Skywalker because people kept asking what they were. They were no different than stormtroopers.

Of course there was eventually a comic book that explained a bit of who they are, but comics should be supplemental material that you don't NEED to read to get the full story. The Phasma book was really good. You didn't need to know any of that information for the films so it worked fine. The Knights were just mooks. (Well, Phasma was also a mook that was completely unnecessary, but my point about the expanded universe still stands )
Agreed. Shouldn't have to research outside material to figure stuff out.

Glad you brought up Phasma. She was a complete waste in the first movie and it seemed like they only added her in again laterin the series just to justify having her in TFA. And that stupid chrome armor and weapon were really ridiculous and obviously a marketing ploy. Gives them.a reason to try to sell a shiny idiot action figure.

Old May 28th, 2020, 10:37 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, a lot of the stuff set up in TFA did seem action-figure oriented. Cool visual designs, but ultimately just fluff.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 28th, 2020, 10:49 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yeah, a lot of the stuff set up in TFA did seem action-figure oriented. Cool visual designs, but ultimately just fluff.
Yeah lots of cool looking characters, but no new SHIPS! I thought that was bizarre.
Old May 28th, 2020, 10:40 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I don't really want to talk about how bad the sequels are. So instead I'll talk about one of the bright spots of the Disney Wars era.

Empire Strike Back still has to be my 1 seed, but Rouge One might be #2 now for me. I know that even though I rank it ahead of A New Hope, in part it's because A New Hope had already existed is why Rogue One was so successful. Like when they say "Rebellions are built on Hope" it generates all these emotions because I know the next movie is called A New Hope and everything that carries with it. The first scene of Vader in A New Hope has always been a powerful introduction, but then watching Vader in hot pursuit of the plans at the end of Rogue One added so much more to it.

Then one of my favorite scenes in the whole movie had nothing to do with any of the other movies. It was Forrest Whitaker coming to the conclusion that his enemies had sent his 'daughter' to kill him. There was just so much unsaid pain in those eyes. What a fantastic actor and great writing.
Old May 28th, 2020, 10:49 PM
Prickly Cactus

Good stuff YK!

Yeah, that Rogue One and New Hope connection is part of why Rogue One felt so right.

Old May 29th, 2020, 07:02 AM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Always so interesting to read other people’s thoughts on things like this. For me Forrest Whittaker was probably the worst part of R1. I thought his weird way of speaking and hobbling around was just off putting. That and the ridiculousness of Donnie Yen’s character taking down multitudes of Storm Troopers. Though maybe I should blame that on the pathetic way Storm Troopers conduct their duties in pretty much every SW movie.

But Rogue One was overall an excellent movie and I’d put it as the second best SW movie since the original 3. Right behind Solo which was amazing.
Old May 29th, 2020, 12:01 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Man, I really like Rogue One. I’m not big on Star Wars overall, but I feel like Rogue One is the most complete movie. The originals are good, but New Hope has pacing issues, ESB has a muppet jumping around and stealing food (as well as some weird stuff on Bespin), and RotJ has teddy bears with spears... I think Rogue One does more interesting storytelling in one movie than any of the entire trilogies do.
Old May 29th, 2020, 01:53 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Forrest Whitaker's character was intended to be analogous to Vader. The character actually appeared in cartoon form during the Clone Wars, then again in Rebels. Anakin helps him fight back against a Separatist occupation of his home world. He's been fighting ever since, as once the Separatist were defeated the Empire took over. In Rebels we see him hot on the trail of the Death Star plans, searching through the rubble of Geonosis looking for clues to what the Empire is up too. When we see him in Rogue One, he's attacking the supply lines for the fuel that powers the Death Star laser. He still doesn't know the full extent of what the Empire is up to, but he knows it's bad and the Crystals are a key component. The other Rebel factions are clueless to this major threat. They've cut him loose and call him an extremist, so he's all alone facing this threat on his own. He's now got mechanical legs and needs a machine to help him breath, just like Vader. A life time of warfare has left him scarred and broken, both physically and mentally. He's easily one of my favorite parts of the movie.
Old May 29th, 2020, 02:47 PM
Prickly Cactus

I agree YK.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies