Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Notices

Old May 3rd, 2016, 10:06 AM

igelkott is surprisingly tart
Re: Heroscape & Arena of the Planeswalker

Don't forget that with the expansion you really need 2 core sets because some of the planeswalkers use the same figures in their armies. For less than $12 it's a steal.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 10:13 AM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
I pulled the trigger last night when it hit $12.21. Picked up 2 for the figures and the little bit of terrain. Right now, it's down to $11.90. If it gets down to $10, I'll kick myself a bit, but, it still wasn't a bad price for all that plastic.
i believe amazon will price match on orders less then 30 days old. I think you can get a refund on the difference as the price drops. Assuming you ordered from amazon of course (which is where the absurd pricing is)

Edit: Details on how to get a refund on price difference after you place an order
Old May 3rd, 2016, 10:18 AM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How many AoTP core sets did you guys opt for? I only have 2. I figured i would want multiples of some of the spells. I like the large cardboard tile to quickly cover a table. and I assumed that at some point I would want multiples of some of the figures.

I just don't want to over do it with the sets, so I am curious how many you all see as "necessary"
Old May 3rd, 2016, 12:24 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 3rd, 2016, 12:56 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

I will have 3, not so much to play AotP, but to have multiples to eventually make some customs with the figures for regular Scape.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old May 3rd, 2016, 02:40 PM

igelkott is surprisingly tart

You need 2 core sets if you want to allow battles between PWs wihch share colors. So for example, if you want Lilliana vs Ob Nixilis, then you are going to need 2 sets of black units. Or Kiora vs Nissa you need 2 sets of green units. Supposedly there will be more duplication in the next expansion.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 04:58 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I just have 1 set. I won't get another one unless maybe some of the units are used as common squads for VC.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 3rd, 2016, 06:24 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

It had gone down to $11.70. I just checked and it went up a penny to $11.71. Doesn't mean it won't drop again, but it may have hit bottom.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old May 3rd, 2016, 07:48 PM

Teazia knows what's in an order marker Teazia knows what's in an order marker

Back above 12 now.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 08:46 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I would assume that you could slightly paint the squads different, or their bases and use them as uncommon squads, seeing how they are already tracked by individual wounds anyhow. Then you could have multiple armies of the colors and what not when fighting. I think I may have to buy a couple more of em.

EDIT: I had to go ahead and pick up another set of the base and the expansion. I even got free shipping with Prime. Pretty sweet for the amount of plastic as Mac Said.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Last edited by TREX; May 3rd, 2016 at 09:02 PM.
Old May 4th, 2016, 11:24 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Wait, Ob Nixilus and Kiora don't have their own creatures? That's Laaaaame! I figured they'd have their own sets of creatures which would expand on all the options for the original game. Instead they're just relying on the same figures from the original?! I know they have the colerless Eldrazi, but still...big missed opportunity....

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old May 4th, 2016, 11:35 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Wait, Ob Nixilus and Kiora don't have their own creatures? That's Laaaaame! I figured they'd have their own sets of creatures which would expand on all the options for the original game. Instead they're just relying on the same figures from the original?! I know they have the colerless Eldrazi, but still...big missed opportunity....
Each color got one additional 100-point card. Aaaannd the standard army point value moved up to 600 points.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender