Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 22nd, 2010, 10:55 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: Uncommon Yellow Lantern: Brainstorming Phase

I think a full power shield might be too powerful on an Uncommon Unit, how about a power that lets them ignore 1-2 wounds? Basically tough they have to remove a marker for. Correct me if I'm wrong but from my understanding we are just doing the generic Yellow Lanterns, and to give them a power that could ignore 8 skulls from Thor seems a tad overpowered.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 11:12 AM

Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I think a full power shield might be too powerful on an Uncommon Unit, how about a power that lets them ignore 1-2 wounds? Basically tough they have to remove a marker for. Correct me if I'm wrong but from my understanding we are just doing the generic Yellow Lanterns, and to give them a power that could ignore 8 skulls from Thor seems a tad overpowered.
Nah if I was playing an insurgent and Thor hit me for 8 skulls, I thought I would just call it a day, bur you may have a point about the full shield vs ignoring a few wounds. At the very least it would make them more affordable.

Master Tang's Comic Customs
Most Recent Custom: 7/10 Hand Ninja & Karate Kid
Master Tang's Comics & Gaming Blog Update 7/30
MASTER TANG - An Honored Ally of C3G

Old June 22nd, 2010, 11:17 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Tang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Nah if I was playing an insurgent and Thor hit me for 8 skulls, I thought I would just call it a day, bur you may have a point about the full shield vs ignoring a few wounds. At the very least it would make them more affordable.
That is what I meant, with a full power shield you are looking at a much higher price then giving them say Tough 2 where you have to remove a marker. You generally want to keep the price rather low so you can draft 2+ of him.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 11:22 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just throwing this out there, I think a fear aura would be appropriate for these guys.

Instiling fear is supposed to be the one thing all Sinestro Corps members are good at right? So doesn't it make sense for that to be their generic ability?

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 11:25 AM

Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby! Master Tang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Just throwing this out there, I think a fear aura would be appropriate for these guys.

Instiling fear is supposed to be the one thing all Sinestro Corps members are good at right? So doesn't it make sense for that to be their generic ability?
It would make sense thematically, but it is sketchy how it would work out mechanically. Also they are fighting fearless superheroes. 1 little yellow lantern ain't s#*7 to them. If we did give them a fear power it would only have to work on squads, because on heroes it would be a bit much.

Old June 22nd, 2010, 11:49 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

To me, instilling fear is the core of the Yellow Lanterns. If you're making a generic Yellow Lantern, you really should take what makes them special and focus on that.

Something like:

Instill Fear 18
After rolling attack dice, you may roll the 20-sided die. Add 10 to your roll if the defending figure is a Common figure. If you roll an 18 or higher, the defending figure rolls 2 less defense dice. Instill Fear 18 may not be used on Fearless and Valiant figures.

As far as having a power that drains their battery, I really think you should focus on something offensive. While giving them a defensive power makes sense for rounding out an army, it doesn't really pass a theme test for me. They're trained killers, not trained protectors like the Green Lanterns. Generic Yellow should have an offensive battery drain while generic Green should have a defensive battery drain.

These are just my opinions, of course.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 12:06 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
To me, instilling fear is the core of the Yellow Lanterns. If you're making a generic Yellow Lantern, you really should take what makes them special and focus on that.

Something like:

Instill Fear 18
After rolling attack dice, you may roll the 20-sided die. Add 10 to your roll if the defending figure is a Common figure. If you roll an 18 or higher, the defending figure rolls 2 less defense dice. Instill Fear 18 may not be used on Fearless and Valiant figures.

As far as having a power that drains their battery, I really think you should focus on something offensive. While giving them a defensive power makes sense for rounding out an army, it doesn't really pass a theme test for me. They're trained killers, not trained protectors like the Green Lanterns. Generic Yellow should have an offensive battery drain while generic Green should have a defensive battery drain.

Instill Fear sounds pretty good (Except that it can affect Batman, which it probably shouldn't, but whatever! ), and I agree about the offensive part. Maybe something like a really watered down Eviscerate? Or maybe chuck a marker to add attack dice?
Old June 22nd, 2010, 12:09 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post

Something like:

Instill Fear 18

Instill Fear sounds pretty good (Except that it can affect Batman, which it probably shouldn't, but whatever! ), and I agree about the offensive part. Maybe something like a really watered down Eviscerate? Or maybe chuck a marker to add attack dice?
Just riffing of what you guys have, what if you could burn a battery marker to get a big bonus on your Instil Fear roll? Instil fear would probably need to get powered up a little to make it worth the Marker, but it would let then use their fear energy to power a stronger attack.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 12:31 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Just riffing of what you guys have, what if you could burn a battery marker to get a big bonus on your Instil Fear roll? Instil fear would probably need to get powered up a little to make it worth the Marker, but it would let then use their fear energy to power a stronger attack.
That's a cool idea! I was just thinking of burning a marker to add attack, but that didn't seem worth it.
But your way is more thematic, and it still boosts attack! I like it.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 12:32 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Here's another idea:

(Insert name here)
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, if this Yellow Lantern is within clear sight of Sinestro, you may first take a turn with any other Common Insurgent you control.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 12:33 PM

Burning a marker for an instill fear bonus wouldn't be a bad idea. You could also make it where if you burn the marker they get minus 2 while you get plus 1 attack dice or something. Thematically it makes ense because you would be making a larger energy construct that would be scarier, but it would take more energy.

Old June 22nd, 2010, 12:39 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

(Insert name here)
Before attacking, you may remove 1 Yellow Battery Marker from this card. If you remove 1 Yellow Battery Marker you may roll 2 additional attack dice when attacking this turn and may add 5 to your Instill Fear roll.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library