Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Closed Thread

Old February 4th, 2008, 10:16 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
Help at home

Hi Guys. Now to start I want to tell you, I hate people that whine about their parents and say they hate them. But I am going to complain about my mom. I want to take the SAT tests. I have agreed to pay for them. But my mom won't let me take them because she thinks I can't pass them. I am not being conceited, but I am decently smart. I could pass them. But she is worried that I'll fail it and that I'll embarress myself. What should I do. The test is coming up soon and I need to do it this year because I am coming up on college fast.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old February 4th, 2008, 10:19 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Help at home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelord
Hi Guys. Now to start I want to tell you, I hate people that whine about their parents and say they hate them. But I am going to complain about my mom. I want to take the SAT tests. I have agreed to pay for them. But my mom won't let me take them because she thinks I can't pass them. I am not being conceited, but I am decently smart. I could pass them. But she is worried that I'll fail it and that I'll embarress myself. What should I do. The test is coming up soon and I need to do it this year because I am coming up on college fast.
Is your mom planning on home-schooling you for college too? This is one of the reason I am against home-schooling. If you are of age to be taking the SATs but she doesn't feel you will do well on them then she didn't do a very good job.
Old February 4th, 2008, 10:22 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Well I am completely self taught. And I am planning on going to a very good college. So no, I am not being home taught through high school. I have the knowledge to take the test. My mom is just very over protective and is worried I'll fail miserably and embarrass myself. As I said before I am not extremely smart, but I am smarter than all my friends. I am decently smart. I take advanced classes. She just doesn't want me to fail.

Old February 4th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I suggest giving us her email, and we'll all pitch in. One email from each person on this site would convince her to do anything we wanted, or at least invest in a decent spam blocker. We'd all have to do it at the same time, though, to make sure as many as possible get through.

Seriously, though: I suggest just talking to her. Tell her that if you don't pass, you'll be disappointed, of course, but not crushed, and besides, at your age, you can handle a bit of moral crushing. If you succeed, which you believe you will, it's all good. It looks good on a resume, it'll help you get into college, your moral gets a big boost, etc. Also, it's not all that hard. My 8th grade friend passed it. (He's super smart, but he probably couldn't take college level courses or anything, and I don't think he knows very much calculus...)

(The emphasis shows the important points to stress when talking to your mom, if you do.)
Old February 4th, 2008, 10:26 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzie Fuzz
I suggest giving us her email, and we'll all pitch in. One email from each person on this site would convince her to do anything we wanted, or at least invest in a decent spam blocker. We'd all have to do it at the same time, though, to make sure as many as possible get through.

Seriously, though: I suggest just talking to her.
I talk to her all the time. It always ends up a horrible fight. We yell at each other and nothing gets solved.

Old February 4th, 2008, 10:49 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!
Sounds like my mom...

But there is no way to fail the SAT, it is an assessment test, and a decent one at that, I took them twice to try and improve my scores and such. I would say push the issue, try and take them.

DWARVES!
Old February 4th, 2008, 10:55 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Tell her chicks love it when young guys take the SAT's.
Old February 4th, 2008, 10:55 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
Take one of the many practice tests online... show her the results.
Old February 4th, 2008, 11:11 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious
Take one of the many practice tests online... show her the results.
I have never seen one of these. Link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
Tell her chicks love it when young guys take the SAT's.
If I told her that I'd have even less a chance to take them. Girls are bad at my age apparently.

Old February 4th, 2008, 11:18 PM

dragonfire has disabled reputation
why not take the PSAT. Its the practice one. This way, it doesnt matter.

My Signature
Old February 4th, 2008, 11:32 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Because I need to take these tests this summer. And the PSAT isn't offered until this September. And then I'd have to wait until February of next year.

Old February 4th, 2008, 11:41 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
How would you embarrass yourself by not doing well? It's not like your results get posted to the internet (unless you post them). You and your family and anyone you share with would be the only ones to know how you did; If you did bad, don't tell anyone. If you do good, flaunt it. Where's the embarrassment?

I didn't take the SAT's, and I almost didn't go to college. I'm doing a two-year degree program at a local community college here, and when i get my associates degree, I'll be totally done with academic schooling; the only schooling I'll be getting is any education on new technologies introduced into my field (which is happening really fast).
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General