Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old March 21st, 2017, 11:03 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Regarding Rebasing

Like many of you, I have numerous miniatures that are not official HeroScape, yet they show up on the battlefield anyways. These noncanon miniatures bring a lot of fun to the game, but they also bring a sinister petpieve: non uniform bases. Or, worse yet, they can't show up on the battlefield because their big round base takes up 4 1/2 spaces!

I would love to end this madness once and for all, but I am at a loss for where to buy bases that are close enough to HeroScape bases to suffice, and that come in the peanut shape. If anybody has a good source, I'm all eyes.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old March 21st, 2017, 11:15 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Regarding Rebasing

I just checked Impact Miniatures. They are sold out of all peanut bases large and small. I make my own peanut bases by forms of molding material, etc. Also, I bet it would be super easy for someone with a 3d printer to make you a set of them for a decent price.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 21st, 2017, 11:56 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That's a shame, and that's a good idea. Thanks!

Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old March 22nd, 2017, 02:18 PM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker

I always use yodajunkie. It may take a little longer, but he has always come through for me. His product is good and I prefer to support a fellow heroscaper.

good trades with rudyvalentine, crazytankster, and Jexik.
Old March 22nd, 2017, 05:31 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by hose View Post
I always use yodajunkie. It may take a little longer, but he has always come through for me. His product is good and I prefer to support a fellow heroscaper.
Last time I tried to visit his website, it was no longer in operation. Do you know if he changed his web address or if he is no longer in the business?

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old March 22nd, 2017, 06:33 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

I've had limited success with cutting the "sides" off a too-large base so it will fit on two hexes, with either a pair of tin snips or a Dremel. The results aren't pretty but it works.
Old March 22nd, 2017, 06:46 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I'd hit up some of our fellow Heroscapers that dabble in 3D Printing. I'm sure some of those guys can get you a fair deal on a stack of peanut bases. @srmalloy , do you still do stuff like that? I know @White Knight has made bases to go with some of his HOSS figures he's printed. They may require a coat of brown spray paint and some stickers, but hey. I really like the work that both those guys have done for me and recommend them. If they are still doing that for people?

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 22nd, 2017, 09:28 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

I can 3D print some bases. They will most likely be black. If several people show interest, I can buy some dark brown filament.

Let me know if you are interested. I haven't estimated the cost yet.

I can also give you the 3D files if you'd like to print your own (maybe at a local library)?
Old March 22nd, 2017, 10:00 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd certainly be interested in some bases.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; March 22nd, 2017 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Some treble is nice but it's all about the base.
Old March 22nd, 2017, 10:26 PM
On vacation...

I do know a couple people with 3-D printers, so just getting the files would be great! Thanks bunches.

As for cutting the bases, I just tried that today and it works pretty well. It sure isn't pretty, but it gets the job done. Also, I have had an AT-ST that came with the base cut. If you have one and are considering cutting the base, be very careful; mine falls over constantly. All the figures I cut today stand just fine, but it would still be visually better to get some peanut bases.

Now Gnuk can actually fit the way he should at least.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old March 23rd, 2017, 07:02 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hose View Post
Last time I tried to visit his website, it was no longer in operation. Do you know if he changed his web address or if he is no longer in the business?
Just saw a Facebook posting that Yodajunkie's site is back up.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old March 23rd, 2017, 09:53 AM
On vacation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Just saw a Facebook posting that Yodajunkie's site is back up.
Ooh, that looks like the way to go.

Would just cutting the figures off the old base and super gluing them onto the new be the best way to make the switch, or is there some trick to it?

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions