Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old September 2nd, 2011, 07:56 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Grim Reaper's Friend's Fan Art

Greetings, one and all! I have decided, as should be all too obvious, to start my own fan art thread. I will attempt to update this fairly regularly, and will include the following:

1. HeroScape The largest category, this will contain pictures of HeroScape figures and other HeroScape related topics.
2. Non HeroScape This category will be small, and will contain some non-HeroScape drawings. I will limit them to the best, so you won't have to wade through all the many (and occasionally disturbing, humorous, and insanely strange) ideas floating around in my head.

For the more drawing interested people out there, I draw on normal drawing paper and use primarily pencil and occasionally charcoal. I use the charcoal only to fill areas in with a darker black, nothing else. I usually color my drawings with colored pencils. Unfortunately, I have found that this can make the lines of the pencil hard to locate, and can lead to the drawing becoming blended. To cure this, my recent drawings will have a copy at the pencil stage.
A note about my drawing style. You may notice while looking at them, that most of my drawings have a slight cartoony feel about them. This is NOT my intention. It is the way my drawings come out, unless I am looking at the item I am drawing. I try to draw with more of a realistic feel, but I haven't reached it yet.
Now for the drawings:

First off, the HeroScape category
Spoiler Alert!

Art from Fan Fiction
Spoiler Alert!

Now for the non-HeroScape category
This first one is from a book (as in a real book) that I am planning on writing.
Spoiler Alert!

So, enjoy the drawings and feel free to give me advice and criticism. Thanks!
~TGRF.

Last edited by TGRF; September 25th, 2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old September 2nd, 2011, 09:52 PM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart
Re: The Grim Reaper's Friend's Fan Art

Very superb drawings dear Friend of the Reaper. I think that either I need to go update myself on you story or that there were some serious spoilers here.

I am gonna go check now.

EDIT: Nope, those were definitely spoilers.

Last edited by bumper15; September 2nd, 2011 at 10:04 PM.
Old September 2nd, 2011, 09:59 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, it's in the third fan fic I'm going to write.
Old September 2nd, 2011, 10:15 PM

Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker

Wow, you've got some great stuff here TGRF! Mimring, Braxas, and SBN are definitely your best ones. Keep it up!

Quote:
I usually color my drawings with colored pencils. Unfortunately, I have found that this can make the lines of the pencil hard to locate, and can lead to the drawing becoming blended.
I highly recommend buying a pack of artist's ink pens at your local office store.
Spoiler Alert!

That way, after you draw the drawing in pencil, you can trace over the lines in pen. Then erase all the stray pencil lines and you are ready to color. Without the pen, like you said, the drawing becomes blended, and it is difficult for the viewer to recognize some details that got lost in the coloring. Definitely look into it, your already great drawings will be even better.
Old September 2nd, 2011, 11:54 PM

Thanks for the tip, WB. I'll look into that. I've tried inking it over before, but the black line always seems to add to the cartoon look. Maybe a really thin line would help in that. Thanks for the comments, guys!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction