Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Notices

Old August 21st, 2012, 05:48 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
General Fan Art and Fiction Discussion Thread

Greetings, all, and welcome to the General Fan Art and Fiction Discussion Thread. The purpose of this thread is to offer a way to quickly and easily connect with the fan art and fiction community.
For example, authors might use this to discover which fiction their readers would like them to write next (Assuming they have several ideas). Artists could use it for much the same purpose, perhaps even teaming up with the authors to create illustrations for their fictions. Readers would probably use it the most, for here they can discuss several different fictions at once without hijacking any threads. In addition, if an author would like his fiction thread to remain clear of comments, he could redirect the comments here.
This thread can also be used as a general fiction/art question dump, if necessary.
There are many other examples, I'm sure. You know what you will use this for, so I give you the General Fan Art and Fiction Discussion Thread.
~TGRF.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 06:12 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: General Fan Art and Fiction Discussion Thread

To all of the readers of my fictions: I will be completing the trilogy of LBV with Valhalla Reborn soon. I decided to mash the fourth and fifth books into the third and call it all Valhalla Reborn, since the last two books were rather short. No changes, it's just all in one book.
Old August 25th, 2012, 12:49 AM

Coming tomorrow, Valhalla Reborn!
Old August 25th, 2012, 01:18 AM

Sorry for the double, and now triple post, but I just had a brain wave. While reading the OP on the fan fic competition for random reasons, I thought up another fan fic competition. It would go something like this:
It would be a bit like CoN, rather than the fan fic competition. You would each pick your character, but it has to be one that you have written about. Then someone, who, I'm not sure yet, would set the stage, like the story teller, and asign sides or something. And then... the battle would ensue, via writing. One side would go first, and they could confer amongst themselves as to who would start off. Then the other side would reply. The setting could be anything: unseen assassins lurking in the dark, a raid by torchlight, a full pitch battle, anything. There are obviously a few problems, the largest being the number of narrow escapes that would be bound to occur, but it just sounded like a cool idea to me. What do you guys think?
~TGRF.
P.S. To put it in clear terms, each contestant chooses a character from his or her own fan fiction. They will play with that character. There would probably be a story teller of sorts, and he would set the stage and assign sides and such. The contestants then send their characters into battle against the other writers' characters one by one, by writing a 'chapter' of the contest, in which their character goes into battle and battles someone on the other side. It's a bit vague yet, but it sounded really cool to me.
Old August 25th, 2012, 02:43 PM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Sorry for the double, and now triple post, but I just had a brain wave. While reading the OP on the fan fic competition for random reasons, I thought up another fan fic competition. It would go something like this:
It would be a bit like CoN, rather than the fan fic competition. You would each pick your character, but it has to be one that you have written about. Then someone, who, I'm not sure yet, would set the stage, like the story teller, and asign sides or something. And then... the battle would ensue, via writing. One side would go first, and they could confer amongst themselves as to who would start off. Then the other side would reply. The setting could be anything: unseen assassins lurking in the dark, a raid by torchlight, a full pitch battle, anything. There are obviously a few problems, the largest being the number of narrow escapes that would be bound to occur, but it just sounded like a cool idea to me. What do you guys think?
~TGRF.
P.S. To put it in clear terms, each contestant chooses a character from his or her own fan fiction. They will play with that character. There would probably be a story teller of sorts, and he would set the stage and assign sides and such. The contestants then send their characters into battle against the other writers' characters one by one, by writing a 'chapter' of the contest, in which their character goes into battle and battles someone on the other side. It's a bit vague yet, but it sounded really cool to me.
Sooooo basically like Prison Faction but with sides and rules?
Old August 25th, 2012, 06:48 PM

Hmm. Yes, pretty much, except that the writers are dueling themselves.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 08:56 AM

Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby! Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby! Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby! Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby!

I am just finishing a novel about dwarves and I'm looking for some cover art. Would anyone be interested in drawing something for me?
I can supply more details if you're interested.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 06:15 PM

You might try PMing Wonderball68. He can turn out some great pencil drawings, and I think dwarves might look great if he drew them. You can see what his drawings are like by looking at his art thread, which is in the index.
~TGRF.
Old November 12th, 2012, 07:05 PM

It's almost time for the full index update, and something of a thought has occurred to me. When I collect ratings, I send a PM to all of the people that have posted on the fan fic. What if, instead, I sent a PM to each person, asking for a rating on each thing they have posted on? For example, the normal is this.
Quote:
Greetings. Please provide a rating for this.
As where the other way it would be:
Quote:
Greetings. You have posted on all of these, please provide a rating for each one.
This
This
This
Which way sounds better to you guys?
~TGRF.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 12:51 AM

The index has been updated. Be sure to check out the new author rankings!
Old December 13th, 2012, 12:51 AM

Just so you all know, I may be going on a fan fiction campaign soon. When I first entered this forum, there were around three fictions going at once. Now there is only one. The fan fic competition is seeing all time lows. Though most of this is probably due to school, and will likely pick back up soon, this forum could definitely use some new faces, writers and readers alike.
I'd like to encourage everyone to promote this forum as a whole whenever the opportunity arises. Don't spam or hijack threads or anything like that obviously, but if you see a chance, go for it.
In addition, I am attempting to work out a deal with C3V which might get some new people in here. I will also be asking around of all the writers and readers of old, and maybe we can get something stirring.
So I just thought I'd let you all know, get ready for a wave of action!
~TGRF.
P.S. Just noticed I got a title! Cool!
Old July 26th, 2013, 02:33 PM

Hey all, to those of you who have been patiently waiting for my new fan fiction, Dilmir, for around a year now, I have news. I have completed it, made the PDF, and it is ready to go. All of that, only to be thwarted at the last moment by the FTP, which refuses to connect to the server. The result is that I am unable to put the PDF on the internet. I have every intent of getting it uploaded today by any means possible, but I can't do anything without the connection. Bear with me here. I WILL get it up.
~TGRF.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction