Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old July 22nd, 2013, 04:27 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
NS' Repaints: Tagawa Hero 4/16

I am rebooting my painting project with:
  • Better Paints
  • Better Paint Brushes
  • And better techniques
I will also be practicing on different miniatures before I move on to official HS units. First up is LotR Dwarf Rangers. These are unpainted miniatures that I experimented on, and with the right paints and right paint brushes they can come out looking awesome. So, here they are.

Dwarf Rangers.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Ninja Status; April 16th, 2020 at 01:15 PM. Reason: New Images.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 05:14 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Dwarf Painting.

Nice! You also have at least two squads of proxy Axegrinders now (Assuming you use them for that purpose)!
Old July 22nd, 2013, 05:15 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Nice work!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 22nd, 2013, 05:42 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Off to a good start!
Old July 22nd, 2013, 05:48 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Not bad!

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 06:14 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Updated: Marro Warlord, this one was done from a Pathfinder alien and I thought it would make a great Marro.
Before:
Spoiler Alert!

After:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Ninja Status; July 22nd, 2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 07:39 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Marro Painting.

I like how the dwarves turned out. I wish the Marro Warlord was a little less monotone, maybe something along his back ridges.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 07:53 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
I like how the dwarves turned out. I wish the Marro Warlord was a little less monotone, maybe something along his back ridges.
I would put some sort of highlight on it so that it is less of a fleshy blob.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 07:58 PM
...Something unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwidje View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
I would put some sort of highlight on it so that it is less of a fleshy blob.
Noted: What were you thinking? More boney? Less orange?
~NS, up to anything.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 11:25 PM
Rembrandt of Repaints

bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness bonegnasher wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Good start! Keep practicing before you know it your stuff will look pro!

As for the highlights, pick a color two shades lighter than your base color and pick out any raised part of the model and lightly paint that, or use a drybrush technique (easily looked up online if you don't the the technique) with a color 2 shades lighter than the base color.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 11:31 PM
...Something unique

Thanks for the comment bones. I will be posting my next repaint within a week or so.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 11:54 PM
C-Wedgie

Perhaps a dark red/brown wash before the dry-brush, also.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions