Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old February 14th, 2007, 11:02 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Remodels of old figures

This is something I've been thinking about since I bought my second pack of Aubrien Archers back in early December. Would you guys be interested in seeing new models for old figures? They would be packaged the same, have the same cards (with new pictures), but would just look different. I know you Orc Army people must get tired of seeing the same four guys over and over (I'm getting pretty tired of the same three Marro Drones). I realize that this might mean a decreased flow of new figures, in which case I would have to say no, but I think it would be cool if just a few of the more popular units or units that practically require having multiple sets got a new look (such as the zombies, orcs, marros, and vipers).

YES, I used the search function. NO, I did not find anything else like this.
Old February 14th, 2007, 11:44 PM

heroscaper2.0 has disabled reputation
Sounds pretty cool unless it became a wave of its own, then no. It would be cool if they were packaged in the same wave if that's what you mean.
Old February 15th, 2007, 06:16 AM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
I would much rather have new stuff than the same figures with new sculpts. If I really get bored, I'll try my hand at customization, I guess.
Old February 15th, 2007, 08:48 AM

ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker
I love this idea. Back on HQ I started this topic and it was meet with a pretty negative response.
I agree that the seem 3 or 4 figures all over the board gets old.

Thanks for the last and greatest betrayal, of the last and greatest of human dreams.
-William S. Burroughs
Old February 15th, 2007, 09:23 AM

SunDevil has disabled reputation
Somone already touched on this but if you get bored with, for example, your same 3 Marro Drones then carve some of them up! Seriously, just a simple arm-switching here and there and you suddenly have 6 new sculpts or more! Or head-swapping, weapon-exchanges, etc.

Same thing with zombies, orcs, kyrie squads, monks, etc.

I have almost ZERO modding talent and even I can do this.

The contents of this package are the goods.
Old February 15th, 2007, 09:29 AM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
I would really rather that they did not do any re-scullpts minus those that are included in a masterset. I would rather have new stuff. new stuff is what keeps us interested.
Old February 15th, 2007, 09:44 AM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
I would prefer new stuff. However, I did like the heavy gruts from wave 6. It adds variety in an orc army but is more than a simple resculpt.
Old February 15th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
I really like the uniform look of having groups of identical figures. But that's just me.

smallboxgames.com
Old February 15th, 2007, 12:33 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_calvin
I would really rather that they did not do any re-scullpts minus those that are included in a masterset. I would rather have new stuff. new stuff is what keeps us interested.
I would rather have new stuff too. But I'm guessing that just making new figures and using the old cards would take considerably less time than an all new unit. I would try to remodel some myself, but my hands are far too shakey, and I never do well with glue.
Old February 15th, 2007, 03:05 PM

1shot_1kill has disabled reputation
I prefer to get multiples of the same squads and add something to them to make them unique. For instance I have 2 squads of blade gruts and 2 squads of arrow gruts (amazing, since they are packaged together ). My blade gruts have the left side of their faces painted red, kind of like war paint, while the left side of the arrow gruts' faces are painted white. To differenciate between squads of blade gruts 1 squad also has a black stripe running down their faces through the red. For my 2 squads of Anubian Wolves I painted the "V" shaped patch of fur in the middle of their backs. 1 squad is black the other is grey.

Rath Dé ort!
Old February 15th, 2007, 06:47 PM
GW Bush's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shot_1kill
I prefer to get multiples of the same squads and add something to them to make them unique. For instance I have 2 squads of blade gruts and 2 squads of arrow gruts (amazing, since they are packaged together ). My blade gruts have the left side of their faces painted red, kind of like war paint, while the left side of the arrow gruts' faces are painted white. To differenciate between squads of blade gruts 1 squad also has a black stripe running down their faces through the red. For my 2 squads of Anubian Wolves I painted the "V" shaped patch of fur in the middle of their backs. 1 squad is black the other is grey.
That sounds pretty cool, but I hope you know it's unecessary to differentiate between squads. You can move any four Blade Gruts you have. I got a second pack of wolves (for the Minute Men, actually), and painted them white. It was cool, because they were brown underneath, and I didn't need to add a wash to them. It was a little hard painting around the eyes, but I suggest you try it.
Old February 15th, 2007, 11:14 PM

briaka knows what's in an order marker briaka knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
I got a second pack of wolves (for the Minute Men, actually), and painted them white.
Would those be Arctic or Albino Wolves?

Do. Or do not. There is no I don't wanna.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units