Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 10th, 2010, 03:09 PM

nerdcorerocks has disabled reputation
Is anyone actually kind of glad that it's done?

Don't get me wrong. I was pretty bummed when I first heard the news. I own at least one of everything, and 3 of almost any pack that includes commons.

But after a couple of days the logical part of my brain started to whisper "now you don't have to keep buying more and more figures for the rest of your life! And your wife will stop yelling at you!"

If heroscape ended today, it would be a pretty complete game to play for years to come (ok ok, it would have been nice to have seen at least one more classic wave). And I wouldn't have to spend more money on it!

Win-win?
Old November 10th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Is anyone actually kind of glad that it's done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcorerocks View Post
I own at least one of everything, and 3 of almost any pack that includes commons.
You've got a leg up on me. I ddin't get into HS until a few months before Wave 9 was released, so I'm still trying to find a lot of stuff from Waves 2-6, including a TT. I would have liked at least a few more reprints before they called it quits.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old November 10th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'm excited for the Next Chapter, the Age of the Fans.

After that I'll be glad when it gets picked up by a gaming company that will give us aliens, robots, and dragons. Really can't have enough dragons.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 10th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Why did you feel like you had to buy anything? I like ice cream but I don't feel obligated to purchase every flavor available. I guess my point is that, the line didn't have to end for you to exercise your option not to buy.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 10th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

They're called completists, Grungebob. Be nice.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 10th, 2010, 03:34 PM

DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker

I was hoping for some more Vikings, Gladiators, Kyrie, and Cowboys/Indians.
So I wouldn't call the game complete.

If WotC had lowered the speed of releases to a single wave per year, I would have been perfectly happy. For me buying Scape is as much part of the hobby as playing.
At the present, the worst thing for me is to miss out on the half-promised re-release of wave 4. I was looking forward to field those common units in battle.

But with all those themes present in Heroscape, I guess there is never a good time to end the line. There will always be holes in the game.
Old November 10th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm not glad by any mean, but I don't think I was as crushed as many people on here. I have a near complete collection, and have tons of units I haven't really gotten enough use out of yet. Plus, I play many other games, so its not like HS is my only outlet. I think that you will find the people most upset about the end of Heroscape are people who don't play other games, and HS was all they had.

As well, I'd never found I was able to get into customs while official Scape was still being released. I think that is starting to change. I'm becoming particularly interested in the Star Wars of scape thread.

I think I got off topic. No, I'm not glad it is done, but I will survive just fine.
Old November 10th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

I absolutely have to agree with A_Train. I don't have many other games to play, so Heroscape was really my only hobby. But, I'm sure I will find another hobby soon enough. That isn't to say that I won't play 'Scape ever again. I'll just play it less frequently. And still, there are plenty of customs I haven't even looked at, let alone tried on the field.
Old November 10th, 2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Why did you feel like you had to buy anything? I like ice cream but I don't feel obligated to purchase every flavor available. I guess my point is that, the line didn't have to end for you to exercise your option not to buy.
I disagree haha. I was pretty compulsive in my heroscape buying habits. If they kept releasing, and I had a complete collection up until now, there's no way I could just stop. Not without an excruciating breakdown of my psyche ; ).

Maybe most of you have less of an addiction than I did...and that is perfectly OK.
Old November 10th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdcorerocks View Post
I disagree haha.
That was Grungebob, not haha.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old November 10th, 2010, 04:31 PM

I will not complain about you being the grammar police. This is only because you once made an extremely generous trade with me while Wave 1 was rare 8 ).
Old November 10th, 2010, 04:34 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

The only good thing about Heroscape finishing is that we will not be getting more spider units.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion