Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 28th, 2017, 04:01 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth
Re: MCC-Makers of Custom Cards-turning customs from text to

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksisu11 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
[I have used MSE to create cards, but the only thing I dislike is when I add the figure's image I lose the background affects. Basically it just looks black. Is there a way around this in MSE?
Are you saving the image as a PNG with transparent background?
I think I figured it out! How does this look?

Pretty good! If you are using GIMP, there is an easy way to minimize the light outline of the figure (I'm sure Photoshop has it, too, but I use GIMP). Choose the "fuzzy select" tool (looks like a wand) and click in the transparent area. Then, go to "Select" on the menu bar and click "Grow". Set it at 1 pixel and hit OK. Your selection area will grow inward on the figure, covering most, if not all of the outline. Cut the selection out, and you'll have a cleaner figure image. You'll need to do this for each separate area of the figure image. You can use the Select by Color tool instead, and it will select all the transparent areas at once. Quicker, but you have more control doing each area separately.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old December 28th, 2017, 05:25 PM

aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[I have used MSE to create cards, but the only thing I dislike is when I add the figure's image I lose the background affects. Basically it just looks black. Is there a way around this in MSE?
Are you saving the image as a PNG with transparent background?
I think I figured it out! How does this look?

Pretty good! If you are using GIMP, there is an easy way to minimize the light outline of the figure (I'm sure Photoshop has it, too, but I use GIMP). Choose the "fuzzy select" tool (looks like a wand) and click in the transparent area. Then, go to "Select" on the menu bar and click "Grow". Set it at 1 pixel and hit OK. Your selection area will grow inward on the figure, covering most, if not all of the outline. Cut the selection out, and you'll have a cleaner figure image. You'll need to do this for each separate area of the figure image. You can use the Select by Color tool instead, and it will select all the transparent areas at once. Quicker, but you have more control doing each area separately.
Man that worked great! I added the updated card to show the difference. Starting to get the hang of this
Old January 24th, 2018, 05:02 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Since the C3V's official Ebon Armor sculpts are so difficult to come by, I was hoping that someone would be able to make an alternate card for me with these Praetorian Guard sculpts from the Griffin faction in Confrontation.

They're lacking the shields that the official sculpts have, but this was as close to the theme of the Ebon Armor that I could reasonably get (and honestly, shields have almost never impacted a game of mine yet).
Old June 13th, 2018, 02:26 PM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker

Hello all you wizards.

I am back with 5 cards to be made! Feel free to ignore me as it's quite a bit.
I noticed MCC has become quite the buried place as of late, so don't worry about rushing to get these done. I can always do them somewhere else or just plain try and do it myself.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is a set of 5 Doctor Who cards. I created a special "Key Symbol" for the 5 card set, so when I request that a key symbol be added, I am referring to this:

And a huge thank you to anyone who so much as takes the time to read this post, an even larger thank you to anyone who takes on this job.
On with the show:

The Doctor (9th):
Spoiler Alert!

Rose Tyler:
Spoiler Alert!

Captain Jack Harkness:
Spoiler Alert!

River Song:
Spoiler Alert!

The TARDIS:
Spoiler Alert!

And that concludes it! Thank you once again to anyone who picks this up!

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!
Old June 13th, 2018, 03:42 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

It'll take me a few days to get through these, but here's the Doctor:

EDIT: And I'm just going to upload these as attachments, which means once I put up a second, I'll have to delete this one. So please download this one when you see it.
Attached Images
File Type: png doctor9.png (2.17 MB, 6 views)
Old June 13th, 2018, 05:59 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Also: can you get me "figure" images that are portrait rather than landscape? It'll make the cards better.
Old June 13th, 2018, 10:26 PM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker

BEAUTIFUL

And yes I can, I just chose the best ones rather than good ones that fit cards. Downloaded 9 btw.

different arts for Rose and Tardis:
Spoiler Alert!

Oh, and side note, if possible, please keep Cpt. Jack's full gun in in the card.
And sorry about the TARDIS one, I accidentally grabbed the wrong picture. Good thing you drew my attention to it.

Old July 9th, 2018, 01:35 PM

Hey @superfrog are these ok, or just busy lately? Don't feel rushed btw.

Old July 9th, 2018, 01:37 PM
This is merely a joke.

Um. Sorry, these slipped my mind. I have Rose half done, I'll post more tomorrow.
Old July 10th, 2018, 10:17 PM
This is merely a joke.

Rose Tyler:
Attached Images
File Type: png rosetyler.png (2.18 MB, 6 views)
Old July 30th, 2018, 11:46 PM

Awesome! Although @superfrog , honestly don't bother with the rest, I have upgraded my computer to new beast. So now I can run MSE and make my own cards! Heck, I am now offering myself for MCC. (and yes my old one was that pathetic, don't ask how I managed to live with it)

Old July 30th, 2018, 11:56 PM
This is merely a joke.

Nice! (sorry I didn't finish these, I kinda blanked again).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards