Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old December 15th, 2020, 10:09 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Solid Snake

The Book of Solid Snake

C3G IDW WAVE 37
NO CAPES

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

Alternate scratchy art card
Spoiler Alert!

The figure used for this unit is a Horrorclix figure from the Base set.
Its model number and name are #084 / Field Agent Veteran.

Character Bio - Solid Snake, real name David, or simply Snake, was a former spy, special operations soldier, and mercenary. Possessing an IQ of 180 and fluent in six languages, he was known as "the Man Who Makes the Impossible Possible" and his exploits made him into a living legend among the military black ops.

A product of Les Enfants Terribles project, Snake was a clone of world-renowned soldier Big Boss, along with his brothers Liquid Snake and Solidus Snake. Initially a Green Beret, Snake was later inducted into the High-Tech Special Forces Unit FOXHOUND in the mid-1990s while it was commanded by Big Boss. Repeatedly tasked with disarming and destroying the latest incarnation of Metal Gear, a bipedal nuclear weapon-armed tank, Snake would thrice avert potential nuclear catastrophe, becoming a famed war hero. (Metal Gear Wiki)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • As a Clone, Solid Snake has these Clone Synergies.
  • As a Soldier, Solid Snake has these Soldier Synergies.
  • As a figure with the Tactical Espionage Action special power, Solid Snake may get additional moves in a Cardboard Box thanks to its Advanced Infiltration Technology special power.
Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Lord Pyre; January 17th, 2022 at 05:55 PM.
Old December 15th, 2020, 10:11 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Solid Snake

NAME = SOLID SNAKE
SECRET IDENTITY = DAVID

SPECIES = CLONE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SOLDIER
PERSONALITY = GUARDED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 180

TACTICAL ESPIONAGE ACTION
Snake may attack with his normal attack at any point before, during, or after his normal move as long as he is on a space where he could end his movement. If Snake attacks an adjacent figure that he was not engaged with at the start of his turn with his normal attack, if he has not used his FAMAS Special Attack this round, subtract 2 dice from that figure's defense and, if a player rolls the 20-sided die for that figure, you may subtract 2 from the roll.

FAMAS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 4 + Special.
When Snake attacks with this special attack, he may attack two additional times, rolling 1 fewer attack die for each subsequent attack. After using this special attack, Snake cannot use his Sneaking Suit special power for the remainder of the round.

SNEAKING SUIT
When adjacent to any terrain, obstacle, or destructible object with a height higher than Snake’s base, Snake cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or special powers that require clear sight.

Last edited by MrNobody; January 21st, 2021 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Johnny update
Old December 15th, 2020, 10:12 PM
Just A Head

Comic Art
Spoiler Alert!

Mini Pics
Spoiler Alert!

Background Pics
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by MrNobody; January 3rd, 2021 at 03:22 AM.
Old December 15th, 2020, 10:14 PM
Just A Head

So here's where I'm at currently with him. I chose Soldier over Commando, but I feel like after a game or two I'll have a feel of if that fits right or not.

Also eschewing a flip card for now. I know japes was in favor, so if anyone else is too I'm still open to the idea.
Old December 15th, 2020, 10:27 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Solid Snake (Cigarette Breath)

The first power seems weirdly worded. And I don't understand the 'can only attack once per turn' thing as all it does is stop his special attack from working? There was nothing about the rest of the power that would have given him extra normal attacks.

I'd just mirror Nimble closer and go like:

Snake may attack with his normal attack at any point before, during, or after his normal move as long as he is on a space where he could end his movement.

For the first sentence and drop the third sentence.

The 'turn' in the middle bit about defense subtraction is a 'figure turn' yes?

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old December 15th, 2020, 10:48 PM
Just A Head

Yeah, I meant to drop the third sentence in the first power after updating the wording. I guess my concern was that a player would try and use the normal attack mid-move then use the SA during normal attack time, but Nimble is good precedent.

As for the turn question...it can be? This design was totally envisioned before I had a clue about figure/player turns, but making it “his turn” specifically makes sense.
Old December 15th, 2020, 11:06 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Getting exactly 180 on the calculator.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 16th, 2020, 12:39 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Seems pretty cool. I like the idea of moving and shooting from 3 different spots on the map. It will make him feel different than others like Punisher who can only shoot from one location. I also like the sneak up and slit someone's throat feel of the normal attack getting a -2 if he didn't start engaged. I think I'd also include something about the Sneaking Suit being active. So if he opens up with his gun on OM1, he can't then sneak up and get the -2 on OM2.
Old December 16th, 2020, 09:20 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Fun take on Snake, I like the push-pull of the stealth-action. Comfortable with Soldier here based on your lore explanation. I've only played, like, a few hours of MGSV so I have no firsthand experience with OG Snake, but it matches my conceptualization of the character.
Old December 16th, 2020, 09:47 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Only having a single normal attack per turn keeps him in check in terms of Soldier synergies.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 16th, 2020, 11:26 AM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Getting exactly 180 on the calculator.
Cool, I got the same so hopefully we're on the right track. It'll be cool if he can come in within 10 points of Gray Fox, to make them a pretty direct matchup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I think I'd also include something about the Sneaking Suit being active. So if he opens up with his gun on OM1, he can't then sneak up and get the -2 on OM2.
Yeah, that makes thematic sense.
Quote:
If Snake attacks an adjacent figure that he was not engaged with at the start of the turn with his normal attack, and he has not used his FAMAS Special Attack this round, subtract 2 dice from the defending figure's defense.
Old December 18th, 2020, 12:10 AM
Just A Head

Re: The Book of Solid Snake (VOTE for Initial Infiltration)

I propose a VOTE for Initial Playtesting with the following changes;
Quote:
NAME = SOLID SNAKE
SECRET IDENTITY = DAVID

SPECIES = CLONE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SOLDIER
PERSONALITY = GUARDED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 180

TACTICAL ESPIONAGE ACTION
Snake may attack with his normal attack at any point before, during, or after his normal move as long as he is on a space where he could end his movement. If Snake attacks an adjacent figure that he was not engaged with at the start of the turn with his normal attack, and he has not used his FAMAS Special Attack this round, subtract 2 dice from the defending figure's defense.

FAMAS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 4.
When Snake attacks with FAMAS Special Attack, he may attack two additional times. Roll 1 less attack die for each subsequent attack. After using FAMAS Special Attack, Snake cannot use his Sneaking Suit special power for the remainder of the round.

SNEAKING SUIT
When adjacent to any terrain, obstacle, or destructible object with a height higher than Snake’s base, Snake cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or for any opponents' special powers that require clear sight.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library