Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old September 24th, 2015, 01:45 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Check this out:

Looks like a cool little game. And for $3, why not give it a shot?
Old September 24th, 2015, 01:48 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

@Tornado - Played it on PC. Wondering now if I ever played Crescent Hawk's Revenge. My memories have faded, and I played the RTS stuff a decade later gumming things up even further. I do remember my joy at getting the end screen in Inception. And my joy at modifying mech buildouts. So much fun for my younger self.

This one is definitely a video game and not a board game. I tried to get into the free to play stuff that came out recently, but I'm not really a fan of free to play structured games even when I'm willing to drop $40-60 on them. As an aside, I've also used HS maps to play Battletech.

<snip>me meandering off into reminiscing and whatnot</snip>

~Aldin, excitedly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old September 24th, 2015, 01:55 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool. Those certainly were the days of classic PC gaming. So many good memories.
Loved modding Mechs also. I think I had a Jenner with a million lasers.
Shooting soldiers with Infernos was awesome, leaving little splotches on the ground.
I may have to bust out the emulator and play Inception again.

I remember when I bought Revenge I did not initially have a PC that could run it so I had to play it on the PC in the drafting room at high school.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 24th, 2015, 03:16 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Check this out:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...a?ref=category

Looks like a cool little game. And for $3, why not give it a shot?
Yeah, I've already backed this one because, why not?
Old September 24th, 2015, 04:19 PM

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Okay, I looked it up and I never did play Revenge. It was the first RTS Battletech game and at the time I was pretty unhappy about that (in general, still, I strongly prefer turn-based games). I did eventually play MechCommander, which was okay, but not really what I was looking for.

~Aldin, who thinks the best RTS he ever played was Kohan (but take with the grain of salt that says "this isn't really an RTS fan here")

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old September 24th, 2015, 05:43 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Gloomhaven looks really tempting, but at $80 for the box with the minis, I think I'll pass. I can wait & make sure the rules bugs are ironed out, etc. It does, however, look like something that might work for us. It looks like what I wanted out of the weird horror cowboy game that @Gurei-Ornery showed @akden and me, though that game was super-fussy. This looks much less so.

I was just reflecting on my experience with Kickstarter, and I realized that in Epic, I finally invested in a game on KickStarter and, having gotten it, was convinced it had been wise of me to do so. I know some other games have done that for others, and I like some of those games very much: Colt Express, Among the Stars, Star Realms. But finally it happened to me.
That "weird horror cowboy game" was Shadows of Brimstone, which now seems to have a pretty big following. It does seem a little fiddly, so I don't get it to the table often. I do like the look of Gloomhaven, but I have too much money tied up in upcoming Kickstarter miniature-style games like Conan, Zombicide: Black Plague, the Others, and so on and so forth.

As far as wisely choosing Kickstarters, Cool Mini or Not seems to be on quite a streak. You should definitely check out the upcoming Arcadia Quest: Inferno. Arcadia Quest is a fun light campaign game where you seem to spend as much time attacking the other players as you do fighting monsters. It seems like it might appeal to you and kid_scaper.
Old September 24th, 2015, 05:48 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I'm pretty tempted by Gloomhaven too. It looks to be more like what I had hoped PACG would be. I thought PACG was pretty disappointing due to the passable gameplay, but utter lack of a story (plus, no minis!?!). Gloomhaven looks to have both of those elements (as well as minis/standups).

Yeah Porkins, I'd say Gloomhaven is going to be huge in the story aspect.

From the designer on BGG regarding story:

Quote:
And a greater idea of the town and its races will come to you over time as you play the game. You start off the game pretty new to the area, but as more characters join your ranks, you can learn about their races; as you do quests and get involved in the politics of the town, things will become clearer in that regard; when you unlock the town records, more history will be made available.

There is a lot of story to the game, but I'm not going to make you read a book before you start playing.

Also, it can be like 70-100 hours of gameplay before finishing the campaign.

Some people aren't into the legacy aspect of putting stickers on the map and enchantment stickers on certain cards, as both are meant to be permanent throughout the campaign. For those not wanting to do that, there are ways around it with either a copy of the map to mark up and putting the stickers on sleeves over the cards, in order to preserve those components to be able to replay sometime from scratch. Though you can still do one-off scenarios even the stickers after your done. There's also sealed envelopes, and you open one when a character retires after 10-15 scenarios, and it adds to the overall story and brings in a new character to use as well as other stuff.

To me, it seems like an epic game to have.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 29th, 2015, 03:09 PM

Battletech kickstarter is officially here!

~Aldin, noting that it successfully funded in under an hour and is almost to the first post-funding stretch goal here at the two hour mark

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old September 29th, 2015, 03:42 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

But...it's a video game
Old September 29th, 2015, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
But...it's a video game
But...it's a video game OF a board game

~Aldin, with hope that the Marauder will make it into the game now that the unseen are back

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old September 29th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

The Great War is starting a Kickstarter for its first expansion Tanks.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 29th, 2015, 04:29 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

How all in did you go Aldin?

Have you ever played Titans of Steel?

I believe it is inspired by the old MechWarrior game for the Amiga. I played the original version quite a bit and it played a lot like Battletech.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games