Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old November 9th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
The Book of Master of the Hunt

The Book of Master of the Hunt
Moltenclaw's Invasion- Collection D3 (13) - "Icewind Scourge"

Character Bio (From truth): The master of the hunt is the final new sculpt in the wave. Since he's in the common pack, he's an Uncommon Hero that fights for Einar. He's a perfect addition to Einar's forces, and a very exciting figure to field in an army.

-Rulings and Clarifications-

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAQ v13.4
ERRATA: The Master of the Hunt’s flowing pants of awesomeness is a hit zone.
-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received: none

Synergy Benefits Offered: none

C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
TBA

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Master of the Hunt Pre-Release Discussion

Master of the Hunt - What's Your Army Idea?

Power Rankings
  • Jexik: Master of the Hunt- Not right for the way tournaments are usually played. C+
  • OrcElfArmyOne: C+
  • Cleon: Tier 5 (139/208)
  • dok (VC inclusive): C+

Last edited by superfrog; May 3rd, 2019 at 02:04 PM. Reason: vc added
Old November 9th, 2010, 10:50 AM

Bolo knows what's in an order marker Bolo knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Master of the Hunt

MotH X 2 280
QH X 3 300
Marcu 20
Total = 600

MotH for hero killers.
QH for crowd control.
Marcu for glyph grabbing.
Very fast army on the right boards, with a nice hunter theme.

Drop 1 MotH and Marcu, add your favorite 60 pt filler for a 500 py army.

I like the MotH for its sculpt and abilities.

If a chicken and a 1/2, can lay an egg and a 1/2 in a day and a 1/2, how long would it take a grasshopper with one wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a cucumber?
Old November 9th, 2010, 12:35 PM

Crazybob is surprisingly tart

This might just be my favorite sculpt. At least WOTC made decent figures while they where still producing Heroscape.
Old November 9th, 2010, 02:34 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm having a really hard time seeing how this guy's going to earn his points even in a casual setting.

Then there's the additional fact that he's an uncommon hero that's maybe so-so. I mean, there are several uncommon heroes who are okay by themselves, but really don't do anything if you get them in multiples. Greater Ice Elementals, Feral Trolls, these guys, and Iron Golems don't seem to bring much when in multiples. Iron Golems are a little better in my opinion, and maybe two would be alright, but in the other cases, it seems like getting more than one would be a bad choice in most cases because you're spending so many points on exactly the same function.

I like the idea of Uncommon Heroes quite a bit, but some of them really don't seem quite right. I like the ones that can bond (the Ogres, the Wyverns, the Werewolf Lords) and that's really cool that you can have more than one of the same bonding hero. Then there are the ones that are just good by themselves and a second doesn't hurt (Hydras, Iron Golems). And then there are a whole bunch where I actually think having more than one is more of a hinderence than a help (GIE, Feral Trolls, most of the bonding ones without their bonders).

And now back to the Master of the Hunt. Why is he an uncommon hero? I would think there would be one Master of anything. I was also disappointed that he wasn't some kind of synergy bringer for the many hunters we have that could use a bump.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old November 9th, 2010, 04:37 PM

Crazybob is surprisingly tart

I agree that he seems like more of a unique hero than an uncommon one. I can understand that their could be lots of Feral Trolls running around or a Iron Golem or two on the field, but multiple Master's of the Hunt seems a bit strange. It's not like the MOTH is a creature, but seems more like a specific person not a lot of genaric hunter things running around that all are wearing the same outfit (not to mention all having the same spear). I guess that it's against WOTC code to put an unique in an uncommon pack.
Old November 9th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazybob View Post
I agree that he seems like more of a unique hero than an uncommon one. I can understand that their could be lots of Feral Trolls running around or a Iron Golem or two on the field, but multiple Master's of the Hunt seems a bit strange. It's not like the MOTH is a creature, but seems more like a specific person not a lot of genaric hunter things running around that all are wearing the same outfit (not to mention all having the same spear). I guess that it's against WOTC code to put an unique in an uncommon pack.
Agreed. I also feel that way about the Werewolf Lord. Some feel that way about the Frost Giant, but for some reason, I am not as bothered by that.

Old November 10th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

-Rulings and Clarifications-
MotH's, um, skirt is targetable.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old November 11th, 2010, 01:25 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

What's it called in the FAQ? I want to be consistent here.
Old November 11th, 2010, 01:29 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I don't know, I couldn't access the FAQ. I wanted to quote theGuru's wording exactly, but I can't download anything right now, for some reason.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old November 11th, 2010, 01:30 AM
Champion IN SPITE of Stoopid Doors

Paronychodon knows what's in an order marker Paronychodon knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
What's it called in the FAQ? I want to be consistent here.
That would be "flowing pants of awesomeness."

My Maps:

Also, check out the Competitive Unit Congress

Last edited by Paronychodon; November 29th, 2010 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Seriously, it's in the FAQ 13.4 ...
Old November 11th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Tickle Pickle

I check the FAQ 12.2 and found no reference to the MoH. Where was this stated?
Old November 11th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I check the FAQ 12.2 and found no reference to the MoH. Where was this stated?
It is on page 8 of the FAQ.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units