Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old July 15th, 2017, 10:26 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

My favorite historical Viking game: Fire & Axe (see my review on Boardgamegeek)

My favorite mythological Viking game: Blood Rage

Just played a six player C&C Napoleonics Grand Battle Vimeiro. We're now halfway through the 12 Epic and 2 Grand Battle scenarios in Expansion #6.

Coming next month: Tricorne: American Revolution, also by Richard Borg.

Had a good game of Inis with Taeblewalker and his gal pal.
Old July 16th, 2017, 10:21 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@keglo , I have only got blood rage out one time and it didn't get played due to the nature of the people I was going to play it with. My wife and my brothers girlfriend are not competitive people, so we instead played zombicide: Black Plague. I'm sad to say it, but the only attention I've given it was when I laminated all the cards and player trackers. I will get it back out to give it another try when its just my brothers over one day. The miniatures are straight up beautiful for both Blood Rage and Zombicide: Black Plague. Black Plague has been played by us at least 20 times where as blood rage has not got 1 play through. My wife doesn't usually like playing games but will play zombicide black plague. The younger kids can play zombicide as well (if you don't mind them seeing the gory artwork.) On amazon, the core set for zombicide isn't too crazy. Its plenty fun to just play with the core set too. Playing with different sets with different combos definitely changes how it is played. Another plus to zombicide games is they can be played solo whereas bloodrage is a multiplayer only. I've owned bloodrage for a year now and haven't even played it once yet. That's on me though.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 16th, 2017, 01:53 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
@keglo , I have only got blood rage out one time and it didn't get played due to the nature of the people I was going to play it with. My wife and my brothers girlfriend are not competitive people, so we instead played zombicide: Black Plague. I'm sad to say it, but the only attention I've given it was when I laminated all the cards and player trackers. I will get it back out to give it another try when its just my brothers over one day. The miniatures are straight up beautiful for both Blood Rage and Zombicide: Black Plague. Black Plague has been played by us at least 20 times where as blood rage has not got 1 play through. My wife doesn't usually like playing games but will play zombicide black plague. The younger kids can play zombicide as well (if you don't mind them seeing the gory artwork.) On amazon, the core set for zombicide isn't too crazy. Its plenty fun to just play with the core set too. Playing with different sets with different combos definitely changes how it is played. Another plus to zombicide games is they can be played solo whereas bloodrage is a multiplayer only. I've owned bloodrage for a year now and haven't even played it once yet. That's on me though.
Thanks guys. You @TREX and @Hahma have both touched on my biggest concern with Blood Rage. I don't know if my wife would play it. I have been watching videos on it and the rules seem a little complicated, and she hates complicated. But when I mentioned Zombicide, and that it was a co-op game, she said "well we already have a co-op game". So she clearly isn't diggin' the thought of another one, and wants something competitive. I really really want Blood Rage but not if her and the kids won't play it.

And now @Hahma mentioned The Others, which I hadn't really looked at or considered until he mentioned it. It also looks pretty dang cool and it happens to be Miniature Markets deal of the day today. Has anyone played it?

Dang it! Just too many choices for someone who doesnt get to buy games very often

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old July 16th, 2017, 03:48 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I played The Others once and had a great time.

Old July 17th, 2017, 07:01 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yesterday I went to a pool party/gaming event that a retired state cop friend in our gaming group has every year.

I only got to play one game because of a lot of socializing and only staying until 5. My friend Brian brought a game called Railroad Revolution that 3 of us played.

It's a mid to heavy worker placement game where you are building railroads and stations from the east coast to the west coast of the U.S., but also along the way you can build telegraph lines.

The rules aren't complicated, but the hard part comes from managing your money and making important decisions, as you have 3 separate scoring track multipliers you can gain points from the higher your marker is on them. You have objective tiles you can complete and get more of that are worth a lot of points. You start out with only 4 white workers but can get 4 more color type worker meeples that can each have special abilities when they take one of the 4 actions on your player board.

It's not cutthroat like most worker placement games are, where someone can get blocked out of an action space. But there are bonuses for being the first player to build a train station in a city or building the first telegraph station in one of the spaces at the bottom of the track.

Fun game and ended up being close. Ryan got 223, I got 220 and Brian got 212.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 17th, 2017, 07:27 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Hosted a first basic game of Kemet for a local pal and his daughter. She slaughtered us both! They loved the game, and want to try it with the Ta-Seti expansion.

A second expansion called Seth will be out next year.

When we have a more experienced group available, we'll try out the C3K, which we've used now in Cyclades, as well as the new promo tiles (a total of 10 new tiles and a few skills).
Old July 19th, 2017, 12:08 AM

waldodagreat is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

anyone play heroscape in the clarksville tennessee nashville area?

clarksville tn nashville area
Old July 19th, 2017, 07:44 AM

Welcome to the site! Hope you find new local opponents/friends. There is a separate thread for doing this under the site section "Heroscape Community."
Old July 19th, 2017, 09:06 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

On Monday night, I played a 6 player game of Summit: The Board Game. https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/...mit-board-game

We played on coop mode and it was fun, but we out smarted ourselves by starting during nighttime instead if daytime, because we thought we were on the best shape early on and should start when our movement was halved because of darkness. Big mistake, as we went through resources like crazy because of bad weather and some bad events. 3 players had their characters die, while only 2 of us made it to the summit and back down to base camp. We only needed one player to be able to do that to win, but it was really close to not happening.

Good game, and next time we will certainly start during the day and do some other things differently.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 20th, 2017, 10:39 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I got a game of Rum and Bones second tide in with one of my brothers last night. It was the first time I'd played as the Blutrash orcish legion, and he used the Iron Inquisition Steampunk Crusader looking guys. That was the first time any of us had used those guys. Early game, he started whooping my butt. I was rolling horrible, had really bad tide cards in hand, and he was rolling nothing but gold. Also in round one he drew a sea monster card and was able to whoop on me even harder. By the end of round one 2 of the 3 heroes I had were knocked out, and the third one ended up falling into the water. @Tiranx , at this point it was even worse of a beating than when I played against you. By round 3 Something changed and I was able to make a come back and beat my brother by 1 victory point. He even killed the kraken at that point with the exclusive Saint Saraphina in 1 turn. Unbelievable win on my part. I continue to love this game and all the different play styles and options with the different sets.

Old July 20th, 2017, 10:59 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That sounds impossible TREX. How were you able to win that one?
Old July 20th, 2017, 01:42 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
That sounds impossible TREX. How were you able to win that one?
The right cards at the right time. Some crazy good rolls, and just enough of an opening where my heroes could charge through and hit his deck features for the bigger vp's.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games