Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 5th, 2021, 05:34 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Demogorgon Stalker - Public Playtesting

Middle bottom would work for that though. I don't think it should feel entirely hopeless for anyone without flying or who can't move through figures. If the opponent wants to risk OMs to escape I'd like to see that interaction, which wouldn't happen often if you can just have a demo placed on either side of the portal. Plus they don't really function as guards anyway so it'd be a weird way for them to play theme-wise.
If you can break engagement and run for the portal power to ya. So running two demos would mean (if you were portal guarding) instead of breaking engagement and moving 6 to escape you'd have to move 11 and break engagement again. Running three would have all escapes blocked, but at that point you've spent 525 points just to counter non-supers that you need to wound first.

I support middle bottom space.

edit: just in case middle bottom is unclear I mean the one with three connecting equidistant spaces

Last edited by Splash; May 6th, 2021 at 04:56 PM.
Old May 6th, 2021, 10:07 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Middle hex makes sense with that reasoning.
Old May 6th, 2021, 05:01 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sorry to keep you waiting Ronin.
Also thanks again for making this awesome map tcglkn.
Old May 6th, 2021, 06:20 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Map updated
Old May 6th, 2021, 09:53 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Alright, I'll test with that.

I was already planning on focusing annoying disruptive stuff vs Tormentor faction stuff, so dok's concerns don't really change my plans there. Should have results for you Friday night or Saturday night.
Old May 6th, 2021, 10:22 PM

Dang, my long winded paragraph was about the space under that one. Any chance I could hassle you to move it one lower tcglkn?
Old May 6th, 2021, 10:29 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

It's still connected to 3 spaces where it is.
Old May 7th, 2021, 01:07 AM

Oh wait yeah you could still guard, just not by the portal so two demos could still do the same thing they could in the original spot to trap someone. Sorry, it's fine as is then. My brain's been operating at a low capacity lately.
Old May 11th, 2021, 11:03 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Apologies for the hold-up here. I've finally got set up, will knock the games out tomorrow.
Old May 12th, 2021, 01:07 PM

Sweet, thanks Ronin!
Old May 13th, 2021, 02:35 AM
Symbiotic

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Demogorgon @175 points

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Demogorgon x2 @175 each, Abigail Brand, Hawkeye (I), Ninjak (900) vs Captain America, Winter Soldier, Falcon (MCU), Black Widow (Avengers) (900)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Custom
Units: Demogorgon x2 @175 each, Abigail Brand, Hawkeye (I), Ninjak (900) vs Captain America, Winter Soldier, Falcon (MCU), Black Widow (Avengers) (900)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Tricksy assassin pieces. Unfortunately I don't think the Galactus rules really resolve the weirdness of the victory conditions, and we're still gonna need some amount of special Upside Down rules. Assigning it equal weight to the main battlefield for victory conditions means you can just park a Demogorgon there. (I'll be back tomorrow night with more helpful/specific suggestions)

I'd tone down the damage taken for being in the Upside Down. I think the threat of them has too big an impact on enemy strategy. Putting OMs or not putting OMs on a figure you know the Demos are after feels like a lose-lose.
Old May 14th, 2021, 06:40 PM
Symbiotic

For reference, here are the separate battlefield rules that are just a subset of removing terrain rules:

Quote:
Battlefields Divided

Finally, we understand that in your exuberance of removing pieces, a battlefield could be split into more than one battlefield. In this circumstance, the following procedures apply:
Each battlefield is considered a separate battlefield for the purpose of any special powers. For instance, if a special power allows a player to place a figure on any space on the battlefield, it only applies to the specific battlefield that figure currently occupies, not any of the other separated battlefields.
Figures, Glyphs, Army Cards, special powers, etc. cannot interact with anything on a separate battlefield.
If a battlefield exists at the end of any figure's turn without any figures occupying it, that battlefield is no longer considered part of the game.
If a figure has an ability that allows it to be removed from the battlefield and then be returned to it later, that figure can be returned to any battlefield that is still in play.
Whatever victory conditions were laid out at the start of the battle now apply to all battlefields created by any and all divisions of the original battlefield and determine the winner on each separate battlefield.
Each winner of each battlefield is awarded a victory point. The player with the most victory points is deemed to be the winner of the game. The game is drawn if two or more players have equally the highest amount of victory points.
I would recommend revising to a more general ruleset like this:

Quote:
• Each battlefield is considered a separate battlefield for the purpose of any special powers. Special powers that refer to "the battlefield" refer to the battlefield that the figure or glyph currently occupies. If that figure does not occupy any battlefield, "the battlefield" may refer to any battlefield in play.
• Figures, glyphs, etc. that are on separate battlefields are not considered to be within clear sight of each other, or within any number of spaces of each other.
• If a battlefield exists at the end of any figure's turn without any figures occupying it or any special powers in play referencing it, that battlefield is no longer considered in play.
• Victory conditions apply to all battlefields separately, and are not resolved until they can be resolved on all battlefields simultaneously.
• Each winner of each battlefield is awarded 1 victory point. If a battlefield was occupied only by figures drafted by one player or team at the start of game and is won by that player or team, that player or team does not receive a victory point. The player or players with the most victory points are deemed to be the winners of the game.
Minor tweaks, mostly. I did away with the "cannot interact" bit because it feels super muddy and not really desirable or intuitive. Just left it at "not in clear sight, not within any number of spaces".

Tried to reframe things so that it's clear you don't win battlefields one at a time, and also tried to build an out for the Demogorgons into the "empty battlefield goes away" rule, since that would be problematic for them, if it just disappeared when they left.

And I wrote in the "no victory point if you were the only one on the battlefield and you won it" rule to try and block out strategies like Demogorgons just chilling.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library