Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old May 8th, 2021, 03:16 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Public Design Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Mass movement for the ants would be a nice boost to their effectiveness. Much easier to lock down someone with a swarm they have to then waste multiple turns destroying. Being able to move up levels of terrain would be huge too. So frustrating when I can't win initiative and my Fire Ants are stuck unable to move up 1 level. I really think we should just update those cards with Climb 3. The auto-wounds from passing through might be a little too easy to pull off though, I'd try the unblockable route first and see how it plays.
Agree with all of this.
Old May 8th, 2021, 07:42 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Updated with unblockable. Yeah I just didn't want them too similar to fire ants, but really army ants do just tear through everything they come across, so I thought it would be strong yet realistic to just autowound. A "kill it with fire" tactic should be the best way to approach them.
Old May 8th, 2021, 08:47 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFoods View Post
I really want that angle of only being together because of Lord Recluse to come through.
You could still maintain that direction and mirror the CoH gus more by giving the CoV types a common power that keys up to a Mastermind (or Crime Lord or whatever the heck Lord Recluse is).

In general I'd just really avoid the "recruitment" type angle you were outlining for the Lord of Arachnos power. Like, if he can pull a Magneto (II) and yoink some rando into his web (eh?), that's probably fine, but it feels like an awkward mechanic to bring together a faction that should work out of the box.

Mostly preserving the style of thing you're after with Lord of Arachnos but reworking it like I'm talking about, I mean like, on the mooks, something to the tune of:

Quote:
LOOK AT ME, I'M A WHOLE CITY OF VILLAINS
If another figure with this special power has already inflicted at least one wound on an enemy figure this player turn, this dude gets such and such a bonus. Or some other sort of "hey we're competing" type theme twiddle.
And then on Lord Spider-Man:

Quote:
LORD OF ARACHNOS
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a turn with this dude, you may take a turn with two dudes that have that first special power I was just talking about. Maybe you only get the second turn if the first one dealt wounds, whatever.
IMO something like that would not put a ton of text on the mooks' cards, but it would make them feel a lot more like the CoH characters in terms of faction structure, while still making Spider Guy the central figure.
Old May 9th, 2021, 12:03 AM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFoods View Post
I really want that angle of only being together because of Lord Recluse to come through.
You could still maintain that direction and mirror the CoH gus more by giving the CoV types a common power that keys up to a Mastermind (or Crime Lord or whatever the heck Lord Recluse is).

In general I'd just really avoid the "recruitment" type angle you were outlining for the Lord of Arachnos power. Like, if he can pull a Magneto (II) and yoink some rando into his web (eh?), that's probably fine, but it feels like an awkward mechanic to bring together a faction that should work out of the box.

Mostly preserving the style of thing you're after with Lord of Arachnos but reworking it like I'm talking about, I mean like, on the mooks, something to the tune of:

Quote:
LOOK AT ME, I'M A WHOLE CITY OF VILLAINS
If another figure with this special power has already inflicted at least one wound on an enemy figure this player turn, this dude gets such and such a bonus. Or some other sort of "hey we're competing" type theme twiddle.
And then on Lord Spider-Man:

Quote:
LORD OF ARACHNOS
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a turn with this dude, you may take a turn with two dudes that have that first special power I was just talking about. Maybe you only get the second turn if the first one dealt wounds, whatever.
IMO something like that would not put a ton of text on the mooks' cards, but it would make them feel a lot more like the CoH characters in terms of faction structure, while still making Spider Guy the central figure.
Thanks a lot for the input Ronin! After sleeping on it and seeing folks’ suggestions, going a similar but different route to the Phalanx makes sense for sure. I really like the mooks having a power to show they’re competing or whatever, and Recluse pulling them together for the bonding.
Old May 9th, 2021, 11:46 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
Neat little army ant idea, could be a fun add to the Insect Control squad.

Quote:

NAME = ARMY ANT SWARM

SPECIES = INSECT
UNIQUENESS = COMMON HERO
CLASS = FORAGER
PERSONALITY = CONSUMING?

SIZE/HEIGHT = TINY 1

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 1
DEFENSE = 1

POINTS = 30?

PHEREMONE TRAIL
After taking a turn with any Common Insect figure you control, if it moved normally this turn, you may move normally with each Common Insect figure that figure began its turn adjacent to. You may not take any additional turns.

OVERWHELMING NUMBERS
When moving you may consider Army Ant Swarm to be the height of any figure adjacent to it. After moving normally with Army Ant Swarm, you may roll an unblockable attack die against any card it moved through this turn.
to sell the theme of the Pheremone trail I'd probably base it off of Kid Flash's power

Quote:
SLIPSTREAMING
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of a Unique Hero you control that is adjacent to Kid Flash and immediately after moving that Unique Hero, you may move Kid Flash up to the same number of spaces the Unique Hero moved. Kid Flash must end his movement on a space the Unique Hero moved onto this turn.
PHEREMONE TRAIL
After taking a turn with any Common Insect figure you control, if it moved normally this turn, any Common insects that started it's turn adjacent to that figure, you may move. All figures must end their movement on a space the first figure moved onto this turn. You may not take any additional turns.

Something like that. Essentially you'd have a trail of ants.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 10th, 2021, 12:07 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm thinking about running Ronin as my 1st LD. @IAmBatman helped me a bit getting my thoughts organized. Feedback would be appreciated.

NAME = Ronin
SECRET IDENTITY = Clint Barton

SPECIES = Human
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Fighter
PERSONALITY = Resolute

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ??? (200 to 210)

Nunchuck Onslaught
Range 1 Attack 3
When Ronin attacks with Nunchuck Onslaught he may attack any and all figures adjacent to him. If Ronin inflicts a wound with this special attack, he may Stealth Leap and attack with his normal attack.

Deadly Slice
After attacking an adjacent figure with his normal attack Ronin may attack the same figure one additional time.

Stealth Leap 12
Instead of his normal move, Ronin may move up to 3 spaces with Stealth Leap. When moving with Stealth Leap, Ronin has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 12 levels in a single leap, and will not take any leaving engagement attacks when he starts to leap.
Old May 10th, 2021, 12:41 PM

Ronin's one of those characters that I'm surprised isn't already in C3G. Cool design, I dig the flow of Nunchuck > normal attack > 2nd attack.

Only question is his range, is he supposed to use a bow? Range of 5 seems a little low for that.
Old May 10th, 2021, 12:48 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I probably wouldn't have his class as Fighter. I would assume it would be assassin or ninja, he's not exactly heroic when he's acting as Ronin.

Stealth Leap 12 seems a bit unrealistic for an unenhanced Human. I'd probably go with Acrobatic Leap 6 instead. I just can't buy Hawkeye jumping to the top of a castle wall without any powers.

Also find it a tad uninteresting that he just get's 3 melee attacks in a turn even with a Leap in between. I might give him no base range (he's primarily a sword fighter), and change the special attack to represent throwing stars or something and just go with Close Combat Dexterity from the new Black Widow design. That would let him attack, use Acrobatic Leap then attack again. The throwing star attack could be something like Captain America's Shield Throw, but with an attack of 1-2 with skull doubling to represent the piercing aspect of the stars.
Old May 10th, 2021, 12:51 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

He hangs out with Luke Cage as Ronin. Comics version isn't as edgy as that one movie scene.
Old May 10th, 2021, 01:11 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, he was a New Avenger, right? (Or was that the Echo version of Ronin?)

The main “gimmick” of Ronin has always been the “who’s behind the mask?” thing, so that might be cool to represent on a card. Like just a random idea that would kind if change the flow of the design, but what if you could choose a SI at the start of the game, and each one gave you a different ability? Clint has range, Echo has counterstrike, Blade can double attack, something like that.

No matter what, it’s a cool character I’ll be excited to see.
Old May 10th, 2021, 01:15 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

New Avengers Ronin was Daredevil Echo. It was supposed to be DD but the timing of events or something messed up the plans.

If we want to lean into the “who is it” thing, we could have you draft another Fighter in secret that Ronin could swap to at any time. Might be cool, but definitely totally different than what we have here, and I’m good with a Clint version in addition anyway.
Old May 10th, 2021, 01:20 PM
Symbiotic

Echo didn't hold the mantle for very long at all - she passed it off to Clint pretty much as soon as she came back and joined the team. Like, so fast that an Echo-as-Ronin card doesn't really make sense. (Especially with the context that it wasn't supposed to be her in the first place, yeah)

Clint had a longer stint with the Avengers as Ronin, held the mantle through Dark Reign.

I've thought about the Ronin-as-a-mystery angle a few times over the years, but honestly I think it's hard to do in a compelling way. Makes more sense to just focus in on Clint I think.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy