Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old January 18th, 2018, 06:28 PM

Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby! Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby! Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby! Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby!
Heroscape/AOTP card cases

Hey guys,

So after taking my collection out of storage I realized my cards were shifting around a bunch. I have them separated by general in zip-loc bags but not much more protection other then that. I did a quick model to mock up card cases for HS cards as well as AOTP army cards. Simple 2 part design, the cards fit into the base and the cover slides on top of the base. Has anyone done this yet?

Old January 18th, 2018, 07:28 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: Heroscape/AOTP card cases

That looks awesome - and I would totally buy a bunch of those!

I use CD sleeves for my Army Cards.
Old January 19th, 2018, 09:40 AM

Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby! Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby! Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby! Dhaphaos rolls all skulls baby!

A test print last night of the base worked out ok. The sizing might be a little too precise. The cards are an exact fit with no room to shift. I'm not sure I like this because it almost created a vacuum when taking cards back out. This is a 50mm tall base. It fit half of my stack of cards.

My 3D printed dungeon project
Heroscape and AOTP army card cases
Arena of the Planeswalkers repaints
Check out my Thingiverse page for upcoming 3d file releases related to Heroscape/AOTP!
Old January 19th, 2018, 10:44 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Looks good. A little extra space might be nice. Some folks laminate their cards too.
Old January 19th, 2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Looks good. A little extra space might be nice. Some folks laminate their cards too.
Good point. There is zero wiggle room here. I may release the file this size and just have people scale it to their liking.

Check out my Thingiverse page for upcoming 3d file releases related to Heroscape/AOTP!
Old January 19th, 2018, 10:54 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Oh wow, these would be super cool.
Old January 19th, 2018, 12:34 PM

aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker

Very cool! I agree if someone needed it to be a little larger, they could just size it up in the printer software. I laminate my cards so I would be done of those guys.

I think it would be very cool too, to do multiple files. Where each file had the generals logo on the top. That way you could keep all the utgar cards with each other and so on.
Old January 19th, 2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksisu11 View Post
Very cool! I agree if someone needed it to be a little larger, they could just size it up in the printer software. I laminate my cards so I would be done of those guys.

I think it would be very cool too, to do multiple files. Where each file had the generals logo on the top. That way you could keep all the utgar cards with each other and so on.
Yeah great ideas, I have the Utgar and Jandar covers already modeled. My other thought was custom embossing per person if requested.

Old January 19th, 2018, 01:10 PM

aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker aksisu11 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhaphaos View Post
Quote:

Yeah great ideas, I have the Utgar and Jandar covers already modeled. My other thought was custom embossing per person if requested.
Nice! I think that's a good idea. There may be someone out there who may want their name or something modeled onto the cover.
Old January 19th, 2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhaphaos View Post
Quote:

Nice! I think that's a good idea. There may be someone out there who may want their name or something modeled onto the cover.
Yeah the custom cases are huge in my other hobby of drone racing. It's the reason I bought a 3d printer in the first place.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions