Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Notices

Old August 1st, 2014, 11:08 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: A game inspired by Heroscape.*

Really impressive. Looking great so far.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 5th, 2014, 02:49 AM

Bourne knows what's in an order marker Bourne knows what's in an order marker Bourne knows what's in an order marker

So we ran into some issues getting the meshes from 123D catch to work with our software (problems on our end more than anything) but we got all the bugs worked out yesterday so I've been working with 123D Catch and Blender this week to see what kind of quality I can get.

So far I'm really impressed. With good lighting and good photos you can really get some awesome models!

I did both of these this evening.

Last edited by Bourne; March 30th, 2016 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Broken Links
Old August 5th, 2014, 01:04 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Wow.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 5th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Fantastic!

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old September 19th, 2014, 06:32 PM

Bourne knows what's in an order marker Bourne knows what's in an order marker Bourne knows what's in an order marker

soooooooooooo close to releasing the Alpha for the map builder. We are just adding the finishing touches. Daniel sent me a couple videos of what it looked like and I'm SUPER excited to start playing around and using it. I think we might have the Alpha ready as soon as this weekend. I'm creating a new website at buildandbattle.com for our game which will be set up with a private forum for playtesters where people can submit bug reports and give development input. If you have asked to playtest in the past (sorry if I've missed you for some reason) please just send me an email at earthbananagames@gmail.com and I'll make sure you are on the list.

More updates coming very soon.

Thanks guys, Alex

Last edited by Bourne; September 19th, 2014 at 08:15 PM.
Old September 19th, 2014, 08:16 PM

** sorry... had the wrong email up there. Fixed **
Old February 13th, 2015, 10:09 PM

Hey everybody!

Sorry for the lack up updates (once again). I hope for a day that Daniel and I can just sit around all day working on video games... but for now we keep having to deal with everyday life.

So excuses aside I wanted to let everyone know that we are continuing to push forward with development.

I wanted everyone to know that I didn't flake out about the Alpha, I just jumped the gun a little bit. The map builder is functional but we kind of realized we knew where most of the improvement and changes needed to be made, and so instead of just frustrating everybody with a premature alpha we just decided to polish it up a bit more. Basically we are really itching to get this thing finished and playable.

Here is a shot of what the toolkit looks like right now.

The good news is that things are moving forward and that the toolkit is SUPER fun to play around with. Once we get all the basic controls working smoothly and also get the saving and loading stuff added I will take the new website live.

People keep sending me emails asking about the progress. Thanks for everyone taking an interest an keeping up with everything. Hopefully we can get this thing out sooner than later.
Old February 13th, 2015, 10:27 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yesss. Great to hear what's going on! Keep up the good work.
Old October 15th, 2015, 02:45 PM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Any word on this?

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old October 28th, 2015, 02:43 AM

Sorry for the lack up updates on this. I've had to completely drop this project over the last 8 months because I just go too busy with life.

Daniel and I actually just had a Skype chat this weekend talking about trying to finish this thing up. The Toolkit (level/map builder) is in the Alpha stages (and has been there for a while). We set a goal to release the Toolkit on November 9th. Some good news is that we have the toolkit working well on Windows and Linux. We are also making plans to release it on Mac if we can get enough interest.

We have another programmer that we are also trying to bring on board to get the ball rolling again.

So on Nov. 9th we will release the Toolkit which will allow people to start building maps, and getting a feel for what the game will be like. Since the engine we used to build the Toolkit is the same engine that will be running the game, development on the game will be much quicker than it was for this first phase. In fact Build and Battle will feel very similar to what the Toolkit feels like.

So as users are Alpha testing the Toolkit and giving us feedback, we will start working on getting a basic Alpha for the game released. After that it will just be a matter of working out bugs and adding in features.

That's where things are at right now. I've played around with the Toolkit quite a bit and it's a lot of fun.
Old October 29th, 2015, 05:25 PM

Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby! Scaperedude rolls all skulls baby!

Looking forward to the release!! It probably got mentioned earlier in the thread, but once the Toolkit is released on the 9th where can I get it?

H E R O S C A P E
Old October 30th, 2015, 01:31 PM

The release will be able to be downloaded on our website BuildAndBattle.com. The site will launch on the same day as the toolkit is released. I'm trying to get all the video tutorials finished up by then so people can actually figure out how to work it and integrate new tiles and pieces with it.

I will also have a support forum over there for people to be able to post bug reports and tech issues.

Thanks, good to know that people are still looking forward to this project. We are getting pretty excited about it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games