Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old September 12th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Skeleton Archers by Sertorius and Typhon2222 has received 3 NO votes to review (1Mmirg, Dad_Scaper, Lamaclown) and are removed from the process.

Tactical Combat Unit by flameslayer93 has received 3 NO votes to review (1Mmirg, Lamaclown, ZBeeblebrox) and are removed from the process.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old September 12th, 2011, 01:51 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
check out what I posted in your customs thread and see if you think it is worth taking note of.
Great, thanks Lama. Excellent suggestion there.

If it won't press on the judges' kind indulgence too much, we'll repost the edited Skeleton Archers soon (with class/personality brought into line with 'Scape sexiness, and the Cursed Longbows ability clarified ala Lama's suggestion).
Old September 12th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

When the nomination for tcgkln's 77th Infantry Division came though my immediate thought was "Wow, these guys are going to be a challenge to play, but once you get them down they could be a heck of a lot of fun!" I really liked Point Blank Range, and I really liked Noble Sacrifice. I was less enthusiastic about them being a 2 member squad, but that had become more common over the last couple official waves, so I rolled with it.

Having played the 77th for several months now, I am still in love with Point Blank Shot, but I don't think that the 77th work as a whole package.

Noble Sacrifice simply doesn't work on a 2 person squad that costs 35 points per figure. Their best option to take advantage of it is the AE, but they tend to be so scattered to take advantage of terrain and Grenade that the 77th have a difficult time getting adjacent to them. The Drakes usually can't take advantage of it, since they're already impervious to most ranged attacks, and our newest soldier hero, Capt. Varan, actually wants to take wounds. All other soldiers (4th, 10th, Legos, SB, Warforged) are so numerous and cheap that it doesn't make sense to kill a 77th instead.

Point Blank Shot is a blast, but with only 2 figures per activation it is easy for your opponent to see them coming and single them out before they get to take much advantage of it. Marcus and Raelin help them close in with the enemy, but the 77th's price tag doesn't leave much room for support. Unfortunately, PBS is a very powerful ability when it does come into play, and with the premium that Heroscape places on attack bonuses I don't think that their price could justifiably be dropped much lower.

There are features of the 77th that I think would make an excellent addition to Heroscape, but unfortunately I don't think that they work in this specific configuration.

I vote NO to induct the 77th Infantry Division by tcgkln into the Soldiers of Valhalla.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old September 12th, 2011, 03:17 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post

Good call, Lama. I'm glad you brought that up. I was looking at them and hesitating about whether Jandar Soldier Heroes would work well with bonding, if the pricing, etc. seemed likely to make that kind of bonding a good choice, and how balanced the units seemed. I was on the fence as to the core, but you are right and I hadn't noticed that the figures are not up to the SoV standard currently.

flameslayer93, I encourage you to explore other figure options. I also encourage you to do a few more tests as to the power level of these units. It seems to be that with a Reaver screen set up, the TCU could get really nasty with Drake and Varan available for free activations.

I vote NO to review the TCU.

Oh well, I am not too concerned about the figs, but least you gave the card the courtesy of a onceover

BTW:
Drake+Varan is way too expensive to be paired up with rats and the TCU. At bigger point totals, sure but otherwise nope.

Drake(good version)+Varan is already 250. Add 2 teams of TCU for 430, you can't even fit 2 squads of rats in a 500 point army. A good thing when it comes to high prices^_^

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; September 12th, 2011 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Screw it, I'll go back to toy soldiers:p
Old September 12th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Part of the SoV is ensuring that units are based on figures/sculpts that are available and can blend in well with official units. Sure, I do use proxies at times, but the goal here is to create units that fit with classic Scape well.

As to Drake I actually like the original and meant him. With bonding, he takes a nice jump up in usefulness.

Sorry I wasn't more clear.
Old September 12th, 2011, 03:31 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Part of the SoV is ensuring that units are based on figures/sculpts that are available and can blend in well with official units. Sure, I do use proxies at times, but the goal here is to create units that fit with classic Scape well.

As to Drake I actually like the original and meant him. With bonding, he takes a nice jump up in usefulness.

Sorry I wasn't more clear.
Ah, well I've done a few rounds with him, but he typically underperforms with these guys. Unlike New Drake or Varan he doesn't have the "Kill Me!!" level of power that it takes for these guys not to be slaughtered as what they are-30 point squaddies with 2/3/4 defense. Even with rats your still giving your opponent a chance to kill of at least one of your bonding heroes(and quite likely the only reason you drafted the TCU is because you had some sort of heavy hitter to go with them). I never could make it work with old Drake, but hey I can try again later I assume(perhaps with other figures?)

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old September 12th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Oh well, I am not too concerned about the figs, but least you gave the card the courtesy of a onceover
Not sure how serious this is, but I resent the implication that we owe a duty to workshop submitted units.

We don't.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 12th, 2011, 03:38 PM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Not sure how serious this is, but I resent the implication that we owe a duty to workshop submitted units.

We don't.
Workshop? What are you talking about?

The comment was regarding the actual unit itself, not the card.

Seriously, what are you talking about DS?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old September 12th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Flameslayer, all I'm saying is that *all* the judges gave your nomination the consideration it deserved.

They all deserve your thanks, if you wish to give it, or you can thank Mmirg particularly, but understand *all* the judges - even I, who did not vote - gave your submission the consideration it deserved.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 12th, 2011, 05:31 PM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Flameslayer, all I'm saying is that *all* the judges gave your nomination the consideration it deserved.

They all deserve your thanks, if you wish to give it, or you can thank Mmirg particularly, but understand *all* the judges - even I, who did not vote - gave your submission the consideration it deserved.
Ah, I was merely pointing out that 1Mmring was the only one who actually posted about the unit itself, the portion of the quote you used made me assume that you were saying that I said you guys have to pretty up the car art-wise. That's where you had me.

As for me implying anything, nope, just giving Mmring credit for pointing it out. I tend to give credit to folks when they speak. I could care less if you guys write a reason or not, I'll still accept the "No's" regardless.

Thanks for clearing up your post

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old September 12th, 2011, 06:05 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

I should have been more clear and said, I agreed with 1mmirg's assessment and that is why I vote no.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Last edited by ZBeeblebrox; September 12th, 2011 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Maybe I need to follow Lama's lead and add to my sig: I agree with 1mmirg :)
Old September 12th, 2011, 07:23 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Hoping you gents aren't too sick of us yet.... Sertorius and I would like to resubmit our SKELETON ARCHERS for consideration.

This version sees their class and personality brought into line with more canonical 'Scape custom (following the suggestion of 1Mmirg and dok); and their Cursed Longbows ability has been slightly reworded for clarity (thanks to Lamaclown and Elginb).

To ensure everything stays consolidated, I've copied all the information in spoilers below from the original post. The content is all the same, except for their INTRODUCTION, which has been modified slightly.

INTRODUCTION
Spoiler Alert!

STATS / ABILITIES / HOW THEY PLAY
Spoiler Alert!

COST/BALANCE
Spoiler Alert!

AVAILABILITY
Spoiler Alert!

BASES
Spoiler Alert!

THANKS
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Typhon2222; September 12th, 2011 at 08:28 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs