Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old June 9th, 2010, 12:33 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: jcmcminis Super customs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmcminis View Post
You really think that much Balantai and not 450 to 500 like Adam thought..
The only way to really tell is to playtest him, but my gut is saying 600 points. He's a 12 / 8 against figures with SS and a 12 / 12 against figures without. 12 defense and 8 life is pretty much impossible to bypass if you don't have SS. Hulk will end up destroying all squads. On the other hand, I don't mind this type of mismatch since, in my opinion, squads are already broken. 9 times out of 10, they will take down a hero of their own cost. Therefore, I don't mind seeing a hero that can wipe the board of squads.
Im not sure where you are getting the 12 defense from for figures without SS but hey you guys are the ones with more knowledge about mechanics than me.
Old June 9th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

8 defense with a 50% chance of rolling a shield is an average of 4 shields. In order to average 4 shields with normal rolling, you'd need to be rolling 12 dice.

.333% chance of rolling a shield per die times 12 dice equals 4 shields.
Old June 9th, 2010, 03:08 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

Reread super leap you have one Leapain, There should be a pronoun somewhere in the "take attacks if engaged before leapain". Preferably Incredible Hulk will take attacks if engaged before Leaping.
Lastly, you seem to have forgotten the SS symbol.

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old June 9th, 2010, 04:06 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmcminis View Post
glad you like him...I straightened up the text, so Im off to my next custom.
First off you shouldn't go rushing off on another custom. I learned this when I first started my Amalgam customs, give it 3-4 days between card postings so that way everyone can get a chance to see the current card and give you feedback. This also gives you sometime to adjust the current one while not being in the middle of another custom. It also makes it easier for us to give you advice about your current one and not mix it in with advice about another card also. Of course after you have a few cards up sometimes you will get advice about multiple crads at once.

As far as Hulk goes I would decide what you want for a points cap and adjust his stats and powers accordingly, and don't forget that SS also counts twords his point total. Keep up the good work though.
Old June 9th, 2010, 04:30 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

I can not agree more with hidicul. Give it a few days Tweek the heck out of the Hulk get him set and use the template for your other cards. Figuring out you need to change something on the 10 cards you have finished can be a pain.

Pete

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE

Last edited by Felindar; June 9th, 2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old June 9th, 2010, 05:05 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks everyone for the advice....making supers customs apparently takes alot more tweaking than normal customs. I will give it some serious thought and post my modified results in a day or two.
Old June 9th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Only if you want them to be balanced and up to the same (high) standards that this sub-community strives to maintain.
Old June 9th, 2010, 05:40 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Only if you want them to be balanced and up to the same (high) standards that this sub-community strives to maintain.
I have noticed that we tend to nit pick and balance our customs more then classic and D&D does. I wonder why that is because I know there are a few of us that have customs in those forums. Maybe it's just us collectively, or is it that SuperScape really is harder to balance?
</IMG>
Old June 9th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidicul View Post
Quote:
I have noticed that we tend to nit pick and balance our customs more then classic and D&D does. I wonder why that is because I know there are a few of us that have customs in those forums. Maybe it's just us collectively, or is it that SuperScape really is harder to balance?
</IMG>
I think it is a combination of things, including, but not limited to: fairly small group, working with well established characters as a base, the previous work by C3G, NM24 and TnT.
Old June 9th, 2010, 05:49 PM
The Closer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidicul View Post
Quote:
</IMG>
I think it is a combination of things, including, but not limited to: fairly small group, working with well established characters as a base, the previous work by C3G, NM24 and TnT.
I'll agree that C3G and NM24 probably have a lot to do with it, I mean classic and D&D customs don't have a thread like we do (at least not that I've found) As far as TnT I think it was gone before I joined since I haven't found a thread about it, but you're probably right Cav.
Old June 9th, 2010, 06:46 PM

I am not sure myself, but that spirit is why I am here. Everyone helps and we strive forward together.

I have seen way to many people just blow off someone in the standard custom characters thread. The Dnd people have there own thread now, I am not sure why as Standard scape has so many DND customs already.

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old June 10th, 2010, 12:22 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

For what it's worth, I don't think that Superscape customs are any harder to balance or judge than Normalscape ones. If we in this sub-community work harder on our customs, it's simply because necessity truly is the mother of invention; the wealth of official Normalscape releases means that the original customs community doesn't have a sense of urgency concerning customs. Those of us who like Superscape have no choice but to make good cards, because more Marvelscape ain't coming.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations