Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old February 5th, 2019, 06:15 AM

BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Non-Standard Size Heroscape Bases to Re-base C3V & SoV:

Was putting together the remaining non-standard size bases (Small Peanut, Large Peanut, and Large Singles [both DW9K bases and DnD Larges work]) I'd need to rebase the remainder of C3V and SoV when I thought that this would be a ton easier if there was already a list together from the start (so that anyone who intends to do so can buy in bulk and save some money). So, here are all the non-standard bases you'll need to rebase all of C3V and SoV:

AQUILLA
• Mok: Small Peanut (I Prefer Large)
• Quahon: Small Peanut (I Prefer Large)
EINAR
• Asterios: Large Single
JANDAR
• Boreos: Large Single
• Omegacron: Small Peanut
ULLAR
• Arthur of Sherwood: Small Peanut
• Azurite Warlord: Large Single
UTGAR
• Bramcephys: Large Peanut
• Deathcommander Mark 3: Large Single
• Executioner 616: Large Single
• Grigor&Rogirg: Large Peanut
• Kon-Tar-Na: Large Single
• Pel the Hill Giant: Large Single
• Zombie Hulk: Small Peanut(s) (Uncommon) I got 4.
VALKRILL
• Ashi-Dhulu: Large Single
• Brimstone: Large Single
• Rachiem: Large Peanut
• Vulcanmech Incendiborgs: 3 Large Single’s
VYDAR
• Augamo: Large Single
• Varja: Large Single
• Major J15: Small Peanut

Once I'm done with the last 10 I have left to rebase, I will have used:
  • 5 Large Peanuts
  • 9 Small Peanuts
  • 14 Large Single's

My preference is to keep bases as consistent as possible with the rest of 'scape (I'll likely eventually re-base all my D&D 'scape too); as such, I can confirm that all of the models requiring a large single space base fit well and sturdy on a DW9K base if done correctly. Because the DnD Large has slightly more mounting space, this means either is viable for all figures requiring a Large Single.

There are a few books that simply state "X is Double Spaced" but show a Large Peanut in the picture. In these cases, I've assumed the picture to overrule the lack of clarification.

Let me know if I made any errors or oversights.

Last edited by BeardBeyond; February 6th, 2019 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Flexibility
Old February 5th, 2019, 02:47 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Non-Standard Size Heroscape Bases to Re-base C3V & SoV:

Cool resource.

We don't usually specify between D3 bases and DW9K bases. For us, they're both "large singles", and equally acceptable.

Similar story with the peanuts. Small peanuts are much more prevalent in official 'Scape, but I think large peanuts are used more because many people get their bases from Grimnak and Mimring, who are in that large-peanut minority. So if you can get your figures on a small peanut, go for it.

For example, I'd personally base Racheim on a small peanut, even though the picture in his book has a large one. G&R could probably also work fine on a small peanut.

Bramcephys I'd go for large, just because the figure is so top-heavy. Mok too, although it looks like some people have fit him onto a small.
Old February 6th, 2019, 01:44 AM

BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness BeardBeyond wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Cool resource.
We don't usually specify between D3 bases and DW9K bases. For us, they're both "large singles", and equally acceptable.
I see the logic behind this. Even if it is my personal preference to use DW9K's for consistency, I have edited the thread to reflect that any Large Single will work for these figures.
Old February 6th, 2019, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Cool resource.
Similar story with the peanuts. Small peanuts are much more prevalent in official 'Scape, but I think large peanuts are used more because many people get their bases from Grimnak and Mimring, who are in that large-peanut minority. So if you can get your figures on a small peanut, go for it.

For example, I'd personally base Racheim on a small peanut, even though the picture in his book has a large one. G&R could probably also work fine on a small peanut.

Bramcephys I'd go for large, just because the figure is so top-heavy. Mok too, although it looks like some people have fit him onto a small.
Large Single Space Bases were not prevalent in Official Scape at all until it shifted to D&D scape, at which point they started making entirely different bases. I feel like we have precedences for most of these characters that establish why they tend to fit better on one than the other. The biggest being that there are a handful of Large Peanut officials that could have fit on a Small Peanut, but were bumped up to Large for one reason or another. Brunak is a big boi with 4 legs. We've had bigger bois on small peanuts, and smaller ones with four legs on a Small Peanut. Brunak can and would fit on a Small Peanut, and he'd be pretty stable, but he'd look a little silly. This is the same for a few of C3V's picks, as their feet are so big that positioning in a way that both looks good and maintains stability (especially with bipedal figures) is tougher on the small peanuts than the large. I think your assessment of the abundant use of the Large Peanuts by modders due to their inclusion in the base set is spot on, but that's not why I prefer them in these cases. If I can position a character in such a way that they tend to be easier to place due to the extra balance and consistency that a large peanut provides over a small, and it looks better, then there's every reason to me to suggest it to others. With the remainder of characters that fall in that lower end of still requiring a peanut but they don't have random weapons/appendages all over the place and/or don't feel like they'll fall over any second, it's rather easy to say Small Peanut. Simply fitting them on a base isn't even a question, as I could fit every character in all of Heroscape on the small D&D bases in such a way that they would not fall over. XD

Last edited by BeardBeyond; February 6th, 2019 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Correction
Old February 6th, 2019, 05:24 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

OOooo. This is very useful. I recently went to effort of purchasing all of the unreleased miniatures that the C3V has announced, and I'm planning to rebase those soon. They obviously aren't on here, but I remember when I first started rebasing all the C3V stuff, and I would have really appreciated this back then.

While in almost all cases, you could use either the DW9000 base, or the Large D&D base, I would argue that Boreos is one of the few examples of a figure that needs the Large D&D base, just because of how big the bottom of the figure is.
Old February 6th, 2019, 10:10 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I've been meaning to list out all the types of bases that I'll need for my customs still in need of basing for a while, so I'm glad that I found this thread.

This list is a fantastic resource!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs