Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Old January 1st, 2014, 09:13 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Post The Heroscape Codex Vol. 2 is HERE!!

Today, the HS Codex Staff is proud to announce the release of our very first issue.

The revival began over a month and a half ago among a small group. Many others joined soon after, and we found momentum. It was truly a team effort, as we could not have gotten anywhere without the various talents that people brought to the table.

The magazine is available for download here.

I have to concede, since we built the magazine back up from scratch this issue, it may look a bit rough around the edges, visually.With the next few issues, and with your support and feedback, we can make this Codex revival a fitting tribute and continuation of the original.

I encourage everybody to give us feedback on what we did well and what we can improve in every aspect, be it an individual article, or aesthetics, or anything else.

Thank you, and on behalf of all the Codex Staff, I say, I hope you enjoy reading this as much as we enjoyed making it.

Links to threads mentioned in the codex:

Build and Battle

RAGNAROK's Repaints

Soundwarp SG-1's Mods

bonegnasher's Repaints

Last edited by El T; January 8th, 2014 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Link is updated
Old January 1st, 2014, 09:21 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Heroscape Codex Vol. 2 is HERE!!

Old January 1st, 2014, 09:21 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Awesomeness, this is truly a fantastic project to participate in.
Old January 1st, 2014, 09:24 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

We hope you guys enjoy reading this, it was fun (in my opinion) to make. We hope you learn some things from it too.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist

Last edited by Heroscaper Guy; January 1st, 2014 at 10:52 PM. Reason: My problem was fixed.
Old January 1st, 2014, 09:26 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Great start guys!

Skimming through, I don't see anything wrong with it. Looks great!
Old January 1st, 2014, 10:17 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Pretty much just had the chance to skim it, but honestly it's better than I expected! Definitely rougher looking, but the original Codex looked EXTREMELY professional, so that's a bar that's really tough to reach. I'm sure with time the look will improve.

One thing I really liked was the interviews with various prominent members. I feel like at this point, with the custom community being the biggest part of the modern Heroscapers universe, guys like ZBeebs (if you'll excuse the nickname ) are the closest thing to original design team interviews we should be able to muster. It'd be really awesome if you could get big names from the old days to put pen to paper, but considering how scarce they tend to be that's probably a longshot.

If I could offer a suggestion, it'd be more analysis of the boards. Sort of a "Week at Heroscapers" thing but less a summary of things and more of an... analysis. "C3V announced these figures - wonder what they'll do!" or "This project here has started up and looks like it has potential." Maybe take a popular thread and take some top quotes from it. Letters to the Editor column, some op-eds... there's a lot you can do in quick, snappy bits.

It definitely feels pretty unprofessional and fresh, but like I said, that'll come with time. Hopefully you guys are in it for the long haul, because I think there's a lot of potential here.

And, of course, if you ever need some content from C3G, we'd be happy to accommodate.
Old January 1st, 2014, 10:29 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Awesome! Thanks to all involved for getting this up and running again. Well done!

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old January 1st, 2014, 10:42 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thank you to everybody for your compliments and suggestions! We are very excited about the potential for this project.

I'm sure many people have noticed by now the typo on the cover. We apologize for that, and we assure you that we will not make silly, unprofessional oversights like that in the future. I will revise the cover once more tomorrow, and we'll replace the old Codex with the new one.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 03:22 AM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great work!
Old January 2nd, 2014, 11:56 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Cool stuff guys! Looking forward to many more!
Old January 2nd, 2014, 01:02 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Wibble.
Old January 2nd, 2014, 01:58 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Thanks for all of your comments and kind suggestions everyone, with this, hopefully Issue 2 will turn out to be even more of a success .
-NS

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online