Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old April 26th, 2021, 05:22 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Time for some new Approved Terrain

We do have 2 (possibly 3 or 4) readily available new terrain, all from the MtG:AotV sets: Cryptoliths, Sand hex terrain, sand terrain on mats (can count same as sand hex terrain) and "weirded spaces" terrain on mats.

I made a thread New Heroscape Terrain "Quick-Sand" - Collaborate rules and a Cryptolith Maps download from the Herosape and Magic:AotP Cryptolith Map Contest, however the Arena of the Valkyrie (AotV) project will be coming up for rules for Crypoliths and most likely sand and weirded spaces terrain. See our Pillar of Hár (Crypolith) currently in Playtesting
Old April 26th, 2021, 05:39 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@lefton4ya , yeah, this is in the same vein as that project. To represent your cryptoliths in virtualscape, are you doing something similar with alternate starting zone dots to represent where the cryptoliths will be placed? I’m not sure how to incorporate the cardboard map pieces though. We would include the cryptoliths in here for sure if they weren’t already part of the aotv project.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 26th, 2021, 05:56 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Again see our Pillar of Hár (Crypolith) currently in Playtesting, but would be awesome if someone can make a 3D version to add to VirtualScape. Right now we just sub in Fortress walls to represent it. The AoTP mats are easily represented with other terrain, and we can use VS' built in "customer terrain" and yellow sides for sand.

One other idea is to make terrain that can either be 3D printed OR "papercraft". For instance, WotC officially released Papercraft Hedrons but @Toshi Umezawa made a 3-hex 3D stl version for it and JustAnotherPrinterGuy made a 1-hex 3d stl version as well. See Hedron Horde - NEW - Special Rule Suggestion. I am not saying the Hedron is something we should add for this project, just using it as an example of doing both cardboard and 3D printed version of something to make more accessible.

Papercraft:

3D Printed:

Old April 26th, 2021, 05:56 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just an interject. 3d printing is a powerful avenue of access, especially for the hex part of designs but DIY solutions for terrain that are widely available might also be a good consideration.

LOS blockers that have no powers or effects on the figures directly would be great additions as well.
Old April 26th, 2021, 06:27 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Just an interject. 3d printing is a powerful avenue of access, especially for the hex part of designs but DIY solutions for terrain that are widely available might also be a good consideration.

LOS blockers that have no powers or effects on the figures directly would be great additions as well.
As I stated above, there should be a section for pieces that can be interactive, and a section for passive terrain such as los blockers that have no game effects. I’d prefer not to have plain Jane los blockers fill up the thread as standalone pieces. If there is an interactive piece of terrain that you want to put in that has some effect that comes with some other los pieces in a cool set Id be for that. As an example, I can go on thingiverse and scale just about anything to a hex space and print it out for the game to sit on the board. That in itself doesn’t add much to the game. As a cool set that adds some fun stuff I can see that as a viable addition. I’m hoping that makes sense. There are quite a few cool things out there that can be tacked on to a hex. In general I’m hoping for this to be a 3D print file depository for 3D terrain. While paper craft is fine, perhaps a version of the object as paper craft and stl would be better. With as many 3D printers and printing services out there this is the avenue I’d want to go.

Old April 26th, 2021, 06:29 PM
"like" happy

@lefton4ya , I’ve seen those magic pieces on thingiverse. I would say if there are some interesting rules that go with them why not.

Old April 26th, 2021, 07:57 PM
"like" happy

I started up a discussion and brainstorming thread here:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=58990
This way we can get all of our ideas into the same space.

Old April 26th, 2021, 11:13 PM

Posted in new thread @TREX

Last edited by lefton4ya; April 26th, 2021 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Posted in wrong thread
Old October 9th, 2021, 07:52 PM

PixiePieRy knows what's in an order marker PixiePieRy knows what's in an order marker PixiePieRy knows what's in an order marker

As an almost exclusive builder and not so much the game player, I often find myself asking for slightly different variations of tiles. If I only had THIS color it would look great! For example, palm tree bases that aren’t the swamp green, but instead the traditional grass tile. Might have to print one of those off. I like to stay on point with original HS, but for a game that is no longer produced, that’s just temporary.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles