Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old September 22nd, 2020, 07:36 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Re: HeroQuest Revival?

Great game. Best dungeon crawl ever created IMHO. I backed it for two copies actually. All the other dungeon crawls have tried to imitate it, but failed. Love it's simplicity and playability. Totally customizable too. Wouldn't have HeroScape without it paving the way.
Old September 23rd, 2020, 02:37 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sadly, I feel this proves that if Hasbro was to simply reprint rise of the valkyrie with a full color paint job, it's cost at least $150 bare minimum.

Unless they'd make it with grey minis and one flat color of grass green/stone gray/swamp green/red molten lava etc for terrain.
Old September 23rd, 2020, 03:21 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

But I'd be okay with the higher price if it meant they were bringing back Heroscape.

To be honest, I really don't know why they would bring back Heroquest but not Heroscape? Like that just seems bonkers to me? Maybe Heroquest was way more successful? I honestly have no idea, but Heroscape was easily the best game of it's time (and still is imo) and we see that in the commitment of the community and the continued growth in new players to the game.

I mean Heroquest has already raised $1,000,000 in crowdfunding for the project in just 24hours...just imagine if they rereleased Heroscape. Every member of this community would not only throw down massive cash, but we'd also tell all our friends and family too...like...Cmon Hasbro...just do iT!

If nothing else...this means that we MAY have some hope for a potential Heroscape comeback someday.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 23rd, 2020, 03:57 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Ehh, you're overstating the case. Unless there was some cool new terrain, I'd be unlikely to buy in to a Heroscape crowd funding thing.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 23rd, 2020, 07:05 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
Sadly, I feel this proves that if Hasbro was to simply reprint rise of the valkyrie with a full color paint job, it's cost at least $150 bare minimum.

Unless they'd make it with grey minis and one flat color of grass green/stone gray/swamp green/red molten lava etc for terrain.
Honestly if you compare to other prepainted miniature games high costs should be the norm really. We just go spoiled with the great sales and low costs of China plastic back in the day. Either way it'll be a lot more if it ever did come back.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 23rd, 2020, 07:41 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Oh I totally think the price is fair in regards to the contents of the new Heroquest or a hypothetical matter set reprint. I'm just thinking in a mass market/buy at a big box store mindset that Hasbro tends to have. A higher price could likely scare off mass market/casual gaming buyers, hence why they tried the $30 AOTP sets. I considered Heroscape and Heroquest to be more in the mass market/casual gaming realm with simpler rules compared to games like say Magic Realm or Warhammer during way back when. It's cool seeing Hasbro experiment with seeing interest in possible more advanced/bigger production games being made and available to the mass market with this Heroquest reprint Having AOTP die off but this succeed could very well lead to more full blown, bells and whistles premium games being made or Heroscape even coming back.
Old September 23rd, 2020, 09:13 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I believe it was about two years ago when I had the pleasure of meeting Jeff Van Ness. He came over @chas house and brought his and Craig's newest game, Shifting Realms, for us to playtest. He also was kind enough to give me a jungle terrain set and a Win Chiu Woo.

Jeff told me that he and Craig were discussing the possibility of getting the rights to Heroscape. He also said, at a later date when I talked with him at a convention, that he and Craig were talking about how they would include the C3V. This may be old news but I thought I'd repeat it here.

Old September 24th, 2020, 12:47 AM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
But I'd be okay with the higher price if it meant they were bringing back Heroscape.

To be honest, I really don't know why they would bring back Heroquest but not Heroscape? Like that just seems bonkers to me? Maybe Heroquest was way more successful? I honestly have no idea, but Heroscape was easily the best game of it's time (and still is imo) and we see that in the commitment of the community and the continued growth in new players to the game.

I mean Heroquest has already raised $1,000,000 in crowdfunding for the project in just 24hours...just imagine if they rereleased Heroscape. Every member of this community would not only throw down massive cash, but we'd also tell all our friends and family too...like...Cmon Hasbro...just do iT!

If nothing else...this means that we MAY have some hope for a potential Heroscape comeback someday.
I am a big collector and fan of both games. In the late 1990s and up until 2004, I commonly visited many Hero Quest sites for the custom Monster Cards, Weapons Shop ideas, and Quests, so that is why I am throwing in my 2 cents too.

It seems to me that 1980s nerd culture and theme are still big right now.
I see this just the action figure lines being pumped out from all directions: G.I. Joe, Masters of the Universe, Super7 and Neca TMNT, Transformers, Star Wars, etc. So for me, I see a new version of Hero Quest supported by Hasbro as three fold:
1. Late 80s/Early 90s Nostalgia
2. Redoing a 30 year old game that is a grandfather of Heroscape (I believe Stephan Baker helped with some early Heroscape stuff--and was the main person behind Hero Quest)
3. Simple Dungeon Crawl fans have been hoping for a re-release for years, and it has had its own steady U.S. and European fanbase over the years...Just like G.I. Joe fans have been asking for a 6 inch line.

It would be great if this opened up things for Heroscape again. I would be willing to pay more, but I am more interested in newer variations in terrain and units--even if they were mainly repaints.

I also am looking forward to new versions of the other Hero Quest expansions (the other U.S. and European expansions).

It would also be amazing if this lead to another version of Space Crusade or even Battle Masters. Both of these may be less likely since there are very very heavy on the Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40K themes. I noticed that this new version of Hero Quest does not feature branded character names related to Warhammer lore, such as a Chaos Sorcerer, Chaos Warriors, and Fimir.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old September 24th, 2020, 08:27 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moreheroscaper View Post
It would also be amazing if this lead to another version of Space Crusade or even Battle Masters. Both of these may be less likely since there are very very heavy on the Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40K themes. I noticed that this new version of Hero Quest does not feature branded character names related to Warhammer lore, such as a Chaos Sorcerer, Chaos Warriors, and Fimir.
Nothing on a new Space Crusade yet but Necromunda did get a remake a few years back called Nercomunda Underhive as well as there is Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress though that is more of a sci fi crawler using the name than anything else.

So it's reached Warlock hero stretch goal/perk so that adds a very tiny bit more original content. They really have the least enticing stretch goals I've ever seen, every Kickstarter and Indiegogo that is worthwhile has had far better things to offer.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 24th, 2020, 09:28 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Yes agreed on the stretch goals and even the funding goal. I’m quite surprised it hit 1 million so quickly. Don’t get me wrong HeroQuest is a great game and was my gateway game when I was a kid and if I didn’t already own it I would probably jump in for nostalgic reasons. I’m also disappointed that I can’t just pledge for the 2 expansions.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News