Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 13th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Super Atheist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
I don't really get Syvarris. I'd much rather spend my points on ranged squads. They have similar defense, and more attacks. AE have similar range, and an easier time of getting to high ground.
Theracus/syvarris combo. Excellent for getting to the castle in the middle first.
Although I posted that only 11 days after my first game of Heroscape, I still feel that way. Syvarris almost never sees our table. KMA and AE are better for their points, and they came in the same set. Theracus+Syvarris is the same number of points as two squads of 4th Mass, or Kaemon Awa+Marcu, or KMA+rats, or AE+Guilty, etc... I think Syvarris is weak.

Also, I hardly ever play with castles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old December 13th, 2007, 07:46 PM
has been BANNED

The Super Atheist is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger
That, and every single combo involving a flying unit or Sgt. Drake Alexander (New) on a CASTLE map will always win.
I have felt the terror of having all ranged units on a castle against a SotM Drake high on viking spirits. Not a pretty sight. I had to surrender, I ended the war right there. Doesn't mean I just won't surprise attack them next week A true evil emporer does not care abou honor!

I swear, my opponent is going down! 2 squads of minions, and two squads of shades. I have been planning two weeks for this! Half his army is built around putting all the vikings on drake! I'll take the castle first with 2 squads of shades! Mwhahahaha!
Old December 13th, 2007, 07:48 PM

brunakor has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Super Atheist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
I don't really get Syvarris. I'd much rather spend my points on ranged squads. They have similar defense, and more attacks. AE have similar range, and an easier time of getting to high ground.
Theracus/syvarris combo. Excellent for getting to the castle in the middle first.

Dude I can just imagine Syvarris riding Theracus to a castle. Awesome scenario. Anyway I say use Morsbane and 3X squads of AE and syvarris will be fine.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ic.php?t=16850

My scenario! Warcraft fans unite!!!! A new way to play Warcraft and Heroscape!!!
Old February 7th, 2008, 07:52 PM

syvarris0 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
i'll put it this way, it's a simple equation:

taelord+dead finn+height+attack glyphs+plus extremely good luck(which i have)= =happy me in a crazy way

Haven't posted in 7 months,found out about PS3 and more recently WOWTBC
Old March 23rd, 2008, 09:14 PM

NFCfan has disabled reputation
syvaris is ok but nothing special. 3 attack, double attack, 9 range and 2 defense, I'll take the zettians over syvarris. With his terrible defense he is too easy to kill by any raged threats
Old March 23rd, 2008, 10:21 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCfan
syvaris is ok but nothing special. 3 attack, double attack, 9 range and 2 defense, I'll take the zettians over syvarris. With his terrible defense he is too easy to kill by any raged threats
You are aware that you just said that a double attack of three at nine range is nothing special! He is a dominate force in tournaments and can wipe a lot of figures out easily. If a lot of ranged units can get to him I would be amazed, his defence is bad but he is pretty good!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old March 23rd, 2008, 10:46 PM
Flunked Ebay

MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker MKSentinel knows what's in an order marker
Keep in mind that with that 9 range, you should definitely have Syvarris at height advantage when he engages (you won't have to maneuver to get into range). That height advantage will also boost his defense. As far as taking the Zettians over Syvarris, I'd love to hear about your strategy using those guys. Syvarris has consistently outclassed those units since they both appeared together in the original Master Set. You must have uncovered some secret wisdom the rest of us missed.

Fred

Good Traders: Maska, Fallen Templar, Punisher Fan, loborocket, Marduk, Brotharon

324 figures and counting!

Check me out here:
http://www.myspace.com/mksentinel

And FOR EVERYONE'S SAKE, BEFORE YOU POST YOUR BRILLIANT QUESTION,

Self-induced illiteracy should be a crime!!!
Old March 23rd, 2008, 11:26 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Actually, comparing Syv to the Zet boys is rather interesting... but I see the key difference as being the range 9 versus range 7. Quite a few units have a natural range 7, but few have 9+. Outranging your opponent is a key advantage.

Also, Syv has a double attack, and with the Zettians, you also get 2 attacks... BUT, even though having a 2,3 at face value seems similar to a 3,3 attack, there's a world of difference. To start with, the Zettian 2nd attack isn't a guaranteed natural 3... You might very well end up with 2 attacks of 2A. And the difference between an attack of 2 versus an attack of 3 usually means the difference between wounding/killing a figure and not.

And Syvarris maintains full offensive strength until killed. If you lose 1 Zettian, you're down to a lone, measley attack of 2. 7 defense is good, but I'd rather have 4 life at 2d, then 2 squadies at 7. For me at least, I don't trust the blue dice. Plus as someone else mentioned earlier, with 9 range, it's easy to get height on your opponent, allowing for both boosted attack and defense.

But, as I mentioned, it is very interesting to compare Syv with the Zettians. I still see Syv having the advantage, but the comparrison elicited a Hmmmmm......

All in all, I've really come to more appreciate the Zettians (especially with Warden's release). They are an underappreciated unit.

But Syv has always been a wise and worthy way to spend 100 points.

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old March 23rd, 2008, 11:39 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Syvarris is one of the more fearsome units in my playing circles. For a while I always drafted him and Theracus. They would fly up to some high point on the map and Syvarris would unload arrow after arrow on the enemy. Then when the enemy got within range to attack him with something, Theracus would just pick him up and fly somewhere else. I've seen that combo destroy 800 point armies by themselves. Syvarris has also done some crazy stuff by himself. Most recently, he killed Deadeye Dan in one turn when Dan was on a castle, making it safe for his Sentinals of Jandar to approach.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old March 24th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotwalker 8000
And Syvarris maintains full offensive strength until killed. If you lose 1 Zettian, you're down to a lone, measley attack of 2. 7 defense is good, but I'd rather have 4 life at 2d, then 2 squadies at 7. For me at least, I don't trust the blue dice. Plus as someone else mentioned earlier, with 9 range, it's easy to get height on your opponent, allowing for both boosted attack and defense.
Not to mention the Zettians only have four move,which means it is much harder to just gain height advantage!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old March 24th, 2008, 12:53 AM

NFCfan has disabled reputation
i see people post how syvarris destroys whole armies bu himself and it makes me wonder what exactly the opponents are drafting. Even if he has height, 4 life and 3 defense means she should die very quickly
Old March 24th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
I couldn't make it past the first three chapters about grass. Also, I despise Raelin 1.0. Thirdly, Elves are way cooler than glads/blasts.
I agree. I've always said that Tolkien is a brilliant author (great stories!) but a lousy writer... I mean come on, when he takes 5 pages to write about a tree or a rock, there's something wrong there. But again, brilliant stories!

Regarding elves vs. glads/blasts, I've always found elves to simply be more fun to play. Sure, glads/blasts are more competitive/reliable, but they're also a bit boring. They really don't take much strategy or tactical use to be effective. (heck, when moving 8 figures every turn, it doesn't take a Gen. Patton to do well in battle!)

Elves, on the other hand, including Syv and Aubrien Archers, requie careful maneuvering and strategic play to be effective. If you simply charge the enemy, you're dead. (common tactic effective with G/B combo).

Besides, It's always gratifying to win battles using original RotV figures like Syv.

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units