Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old January 27th, 2022, 10:28 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Painted Miniature counts

Another 30 Star Wars legion galactic marines done. I’m using all thes clone variants as basic phase 1 or phase 2 corps trooper squads. That puts my total at 2290. I’m going back through my earliest painted phase 1 troopers and repainting them next. It’s 42 troopers. On my first go around I painted them with battle of geonosis regular clone markings. Back then I gave them a wash that made the white really dingy. I’ve went back over them with my airbrush to pick the white back up. I’m going to repaint them to be different battalion colors like 212th, 501st, etc. Just a quick recount: 173 so far this year. All before the first month is done. Sweet
Old January 28th, 2022, 05:58 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice!
Old January 31st, 2022, 01:24 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Got another 21 501st phase 1 clone troopers done, along with two very large dragons and a big demon. The dragons were huge, but in the words of gimli, it still counts as one. Puts me at 197 so far this month. I’m hoping I can knock out a couple more to bump me to 200 in a single month. 2314 total.
Old February 1st, 2022, 01:58 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Got another 21 501st phase 1 clone troopers done, along with two very large dragons and a big demon. The dragons were huge, but in the words of gimli, it still counts as one. Puts me at 197 so far this month. I’m hoping I can knock out a couple more to bump me to 200 in a single month. 2314 total.
I wasn't sure if I was going to pass 200 models painted this month but had some time this evening to rock out more of my Star Wars Legion models. I ended up painting 21 more phase one clone troopers in 212th Orange Utapau colors, Commander Cody, and Commander Bacara to go with my Galactic Marines. I'll have done 220 models this month alone. I wont lie, I'm pretty stoked about it. With numbers like that, I should be able to get rid of the pile of shame eventually. Puts my Total at 2337.
Old February 1st, 2022, 05:04 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice. How do you store all your minis? Tons of shelves?
Old February 1st, 2022, 09:45 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Nice. How do you store all your minis? Tons of shelves?
Kind of a mix. For games such as miniatures board games like zombicide, massive darkness, rum and bones, etc. ,they are kept in their respective boxes. Cool mini or not board games usually have nice inserts that hold the models in the boxes in a way the paint jobs don’t get beat up. For mini wargames, scape, and any random 3D prints it’s just that. Shelves. Lots and lots of display shelves. In my mancave the walls are lined with miniature display shelves, fun art, and all sorts of collectibles. Mainly figures of different scales. Minis, action figures, statues, etc. I keep all my custom terrain in my little 3D printing workshop. These are just both bedrooms in my house. In the shop, the closet is full of trays of terrain that can be used for a bunch of different tabletop terrain. Totes in the bottom with my remaining Heroscape tiles. Then the rest is in box trays stacked in organized shelves. There’s anything and everything in there for just about any adventure whether it’s sci fi, post apoc, or fantasy, with most every kind of foliage . I’m yet to make another regular evergreen forest since I sold all my rttff sets. Though I do have a huge set of Endor trees, jungle trees and bushes of many kinds, and two versions of giant mushroom forest. 1 sculpted by hand, the other 3D printed. Loads of fun stuff. I think here sometime when it’s convenient I’m going to do a photoshoot of all my pieces that I’ve made and painted over the years. I guess the problem is that when I’m photographing the stuff I’m not painting more stuff.
Old February 1st, 2022, 10:13 AM

Wow, that sounds awesome. Love to see those pics someday.
Old February 1st, 2022, 02:13 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Wow, that sounds awesome. Love to see those pics someday.
Do you have Facebook messenger? It’s super easy to share pics that way. I’ll get them on here eventually, but can share them pretty easy on there. That or I might have to finally put discord back on my phone. I just recently put some of my social media back on my phone from taking a break from it.
Old February 1st, 2022, 03:16 PM

No Facebook. I only do Discord because most of C3G takes place there.
Old February 4th, 2022, 05:26 AM
"like" happy

Pretty ecstatic about finishing up all my current Imperials tonight. Just finished up 4 heavy weapon shore troopers and four full units of Snowtroopers, 28 of them. Also finished up another 6 man squad of Wookiees. Thats 38 more troopers done for Star Wars Legion putting my new total at 2375.
Old February 4th, 2022, 04:38 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Trying to keep track of my painted mini's.
Can add another 57 rats and a 15 figure commission. 72 Total.

Got a nice set of the army painter paints which have been really fun to use so far.
Am thinking about getting an airbrush eventually.
Going to be getting into painting a lot of the Confrontation figures which should offer a much bigger challenge than what I'm used to.

Here are my most recent painted rat's with a card coming. I call them Mustards.
Don't mind the unfinished bases
Old February 6th, 2022, 04:20 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismaticSounds View Post
Trying to keep track of my painted mini's.
Can add another 57 rats and a 15 figure commission. 72 Total.

Got a nice set of the army painter paints which have been really fun to use so far.
Am thinking about getting an airbrush eventually.
Going to be getting into painting a lot of the Confrontation figures which should offer a much bigger challenge than what I'm used to.

Here are my most recent painted rat's with a card coming. I call them Mustards.
Don't mind the unfinished bases
Nice. More recruits for your rat army. I’ll get you updated.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General