Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

View Poll Results: Which faction has the best common squads?
Utgar 35 46.05%
Jandar 15 19.74%
Einar 16 21.05%
Vydar 6 7.89%
Aquilla 1 1.32%
Valkrill 2 2.63%
Ullar 1 1.32%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 17th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Which Faction has the best common squads?

Did you know the Karate Kid theme was originally written for Rocky? They went with Eye of the Tiger and the Kid inherited The Best (around, no one's ever gonna get you down).

Tornado ~ trivia-ly

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 17th, 2012, 09:07 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

I want to vote for Einar, for my favorites, but at the same time I feel obligated to vote Utgar, as there are simply that many options to choose from.
Old April 17th, 2012, 09:15 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

And your avatar is the ZoM.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 17th, 2012, 09:23 PM

jackryan4 Woo who?

Ahh, but his name is Kaemon Awa, so what do we go by, his Utgar vote with ZoM avatar, or Einar vote with KA name?
Old April 17th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rÿchean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
I chose Einar, but every General has at least 1-3 very good common squads, those being listed below:

Utgar: Phantom Knights, Deathreavers, Heavy Gruts
???
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_poison View Post
A+
Deathreavers (40*)

A
4th Mass. Line (70*)
Blastatrons (60*)
Gladiatrons (80*)
Heavy Gruts (70*)
Knights of Weston(70*)
Marro Stingers (60*)

A-
10th Regiment of Foot (75*)
The Axegrinders of Burning Forge (70*)
Death Chasers of Thesk (55*)
Greenscale Warriors (60*)
Marro Dividers (50*)
Minions of Utgar (110*)
Phantom Knights (70*)
Sentinels of Jandar (110*)
Knew I was missing something. Stingers certainly are up there.
Old April 17th, 2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackryan4 View Post
Ahh, but his name is Kaemon Awa, so what do we go by, his Utgar vote with ZoM avatar, or Einar vote with KA name?
"A picture is worth a thousand words"

- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 17th, 2012, 09:36 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

That's like asking us who are favorite general is, almost. Well not really.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old April 18th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Might as well throw my thoughts out...

Going through the list of common squads looking at a combination of fun and strength (what goes into "best", imo), I'd have to single out these squads:

Death Chasers
Marro Dividers
Marro Stingers
Minions
Phantom Knights
Venocs
Zombies

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)

Last edited by Killometer; April 18th, 2012 at 12:37 PM. Reason: we need a Valkrill symbol...
Old April 18th, 2012, 12:42 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

For common Squads, I have to go with Jandar.

Not because of ranking or usefulness but mostly because the commons I enjoy using most are the Highlanders, Knights and Drudge (yeah I know).

So Utgar would be a close second.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; April 18th, 2012 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Einar if someone's looking at unique squads.
Old April 25th, 2021, 10:46 AM

Krug4lyfe is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I think Utgar and Aquilla, both the granite guardians are really good, and Utgar has tons of great common squads, like stingers and deathstalkers. Also, Utgar has some great bonding squads, like nagrubs and all the grut squads.
Old April 27th, 2021, 08:33 AM

Archie97 knows what's in an order marker Archie97 knows what's in an order marker

I think Utgar is head and shoulders above the competition here. They have the best screening (And arguably overall) squad in the game by a mile in the Rats, only Glads come close, and they're restricted to Tron builds. They're tied for the best melee bonding squad with Jandar, Heavies and Knights of course. They have a very solid ranged option in Stingers, who are also possibly the second best anit-melee ranged option. And they have the best anti-ranged melee squad in the PKs.
Jandar and Vydar are next, in that order I would say. The 4th and Knights are both best-in-class units, but the drop off in power is pretty steep after that. Maybe Sentinels? Vydar is there thanks to Trons and very little else, but Trons alone is an impressive showing.
Next I would put Einar, predominantly for the 10th, but of course the Romans aren't nothing either, but the fact that MBS isn't Einar I guess should be a strike against them in this context.
Aquilla and Valkrill I would call a tie, Dwarves are obviously great, Spiders and Mohicans are both decent if not spectacular. Valkrill has some fun toys, but nothing that isn't a worse something else imo.
Ullar is definitely bottom of the pile. Loads of really fun squads, Aubriens, Venocs, Greenscales, WoA, but just lacks anything really top tier.
Old April 28th, 2021, 01:00 AM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

I'm biased because I'm not a huge fan of Stingers, but I voted Jandar, because you could build a whole army out of just 4th Mass and it would be decent, Knights are the best bonding squad in the game imo, and the best melee squad imo, and Deathreavers aren't really that good as a fighting force, they're just a good wall for other things to shoot over.
Most of my favorite Utgar common squads are the more mediocre, flavorful ones. Heavies are awesome though, but that's basically Heavies vs Knights and Mass, I'll choose the latter every time. Axegrinders are great, I love em in General Wars but Aquilla has nothing else good lol.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units