Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Notices

Old August 12th, 2011, 10:57 AM

Gatehop-Quickfingers Woo who?
Treasure Troves

Treasure Troves is a Heroscape campaign designed to play much like a Dungeons and Dragons dungeon crawl. One person will not play as a member of the adventuring party, but will instead play much like a Dungeon Master would in Dungeons and Dragons. The campaign should be anywhere from five to ten scenarios. Here are the rules...

THE PARTY:

1. Your party consists of four unique, single-spaced figures. The members will be stated in the DM handbook.
2. The party may be played be either one player, controlling all four members, two players, controlling two members each, or four player, controlling one member each.
3. When/if a new member enters the party, the players in the party will decide who will control the new member. The player controlling the new member may not change as the game progresses.
4. There are no order markers or initiative in Treasure Troves. On the party's turn, one player will take a turn with all the members they control. Play will continue this way until all members of the party have taken a turn. The DM will then take his turn.
5. Any treasure glyph picked up by any member of the party may be transferred to another member or non-player character, often earning you the allegiance of other characters outside of your party. A glyph may only be transferred when a member of the party ends his turn next to another member or non-player character. To transfer the glyph, simply put the glyph on the new owners card unless stated otherwise in the DM handbook.

THE DUNGEON MASTER:

1. The DM may not control any members of the party. No exceptions.
2. DM will be in possession of the DM handbook, a guide filled with scenario information, treasure glyph traps, party members, and enemy units.
3. The DM will read through this book, following the instructions and dictating to the party what their objectives are. He will act as the mouthpiece of non-player characters, telling the party their reactions to bribes or actions. Reading through this booklet and playing as you go should result in a smooth game with minimal glitches.
4. The DM will be given a certain amount of enemy units to deploy at his will throughout the game. These units will be stated in the DM handbook. Only one enemy unit may be deployed per turn. Enemy units do not start on the battlefield unless stated otherwise in the DM handbook.
5. The DM's turn will consist of telling the party of any new objectives or information they have acquired, deciding whether or not to deploy any of his units, and (optional) moving said units.

Well, I believe that's it. Please let me know if you have any questions or confusions. The first map and handbook should be out sometime today, all depending on when I figure out how to post VS instructions on the site here. If anybody wants to let me know how to do that, that'd be great, thanks! Hope you're looking forward to it!

-Gatehop

EDIT: PLEASE IGNORE THIS THREAD!!! I have decided to abandon this campaign due to the large amount of work involved that I just don't have time for...maybe another time

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."
1 Corinthians 13:4

"Why insult the door's purpose by locking it?"
-Famous Kender Proverb

Last edited by Gatehop-Quickfingers; August 12th, 2011 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Abandonment

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios